In the Bible, I Spy........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I only know of one story where the Finger of God wrote upon a wall......in the Book of Daniel....:unsure:

Daniel 5:22-28 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 “But you his son, Belshazzar, have not humbled your heart, although you knew all this.
23 And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. They have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.
24 Then the fingers of the hand were sent from Him, and this writing was written.

25 “And this is the inscription that was written:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.

26 This is the interpretation of each word. MENE: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it;
27 TEKEL: You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting;
28 PERES: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.”
yes, this was the simple verse I was looking at...

Daniel 5:5 (KJV) In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

Your turn.:coffee:

(Jesus did some fingerpainting Himself, but not on a wall.)

E

EleventhHour

I spy a garment of many colors.....:unsure:
"Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours."[2]

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat....... :D:p

37396e5c4520b17ffc11f1890bec8198.jpg

E

EleventhHour

I spy five of these and he only used one and it did the trick...... :unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I spy 12 sent, only 2 had good report....
Good one, @49 ! :love:(y)

The 12 Israelite Spies sent to spy out the land of Canaan.....Joshua and Caleb were the only 2 with a good report.....the other ten - all they could talk about were the giants. :rolleyes:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I spy someone selling gold, white garments and eye salve......:unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I spy someone selling gold, white garments and eye salve......:unsure:
Sounds like you are spying Jesus pawning His goods on the Laodiceans.
Correct, @crossnote! Excellent! :love:(y)

Revelation 3:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Your turn! :love:(y)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Correct, @crossnote! Excellent! :love:(y)

Revelation 3:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Your turn! :love:(y)
I spy worlds framed by the Word.
(many locations, but looking for the one in bold)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hmm........ I’m guessing the answer is somewhere in Hebrews 1.......I shall go take a look to see if I find it! :unsure::giggle:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hmm........ I’m guessing the answer is somewhere in Hebrews 1.......I shall go take a look to see if I find it! :unsure::giggle:(y)
Found it! Yay!!! :love:(y)

Not in Hebrews 1 but, in Hebrews 11:

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Hebrews 11:3 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Hebrews 11:3&version=KJV

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I spy.......a spear in the hands of a Roman soldier. :unsure:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
In the Bible, I spy.......a spear in the hands of a Roman soldier. :unsure:

Jul 9, 2020
John 19:34
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

My bet is that this is the obvious answer and therefore the wrong answer...but someone has to put this guess out there! hahaha

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Oh no! surfer14 got banned. :cry: Wow! It's been over a year since we've played "In the Bible, I Spy..." :eek:

Let's keep playing!
:love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
In the Bible, I Spy......

something red that delivered two Israel spies and a city prostitute's whole family...:unsure: