in the image of God....?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jasonj

Agree...

1 Corinthians 15:49, "
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly."

The image of man has been changed, corrupted because of the fall. But one day, we will be changed into the image of Christ, the incorruptible. That's the day of the adoption, the redemption of our bodies. That's what all believers are now predestined for. It's a future redemption of our body.

also doesn't the word say in romans....6 I believe that he will give life to our mortal bodies through faith in the resurrection of Christ? and given that it says your mortal bodies, doesn't that point to now rather than a future hope that doesn't apply in this life?

J

jasonj

if adam sinned by breaking a command......is that the image of Christ? just curious about your take, again I agree with your assessment. do you notice that adam was made in Gods image, but adams children were made in his own image? this happening after the disobedience regarding the first command given in eden. I'm guessing you are saying that adam was originally created in Gods image, and the image of God is expressed in Christ. thank you for taking the time to elaborate and share that scripture, God bless you

J

jasonj

also doesn't the word say in romans....6 I believe that he will give life to our mortal bodies through faith in the resurrection of Christ? and given that it says your mortal bodies, doesn't that point to now rather than a future hope that doesn't apply in this life?
romans 6:4.....and 8:10-11. also 1peter 1:23.

C

Chuckt

if adam sinned by breaking a command......is that the image of Christ? just curious about your take, again I agree with your assessment. do you notice that adam was made in Gods image, but adams children were made in his own image? this happening after the disobedience regarding the first command given in eden. I'm guessing you are saying that adam was originally created in Gods image, and the image of God is expressed in Christ. thank you for taking the time to elaborate and share that scripture, God bless you
All three persons of the Godhead made man.