E
evyaniy
Guest
The writer of Hebrews tells us Psalm 40 is the Son's prayer when he quotes it in chapter 10.
4 For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins. 5 Therefore when He(the Son) comes into the world, He says,
“You(the Father) didn’t desire sacrifice and offering,
but You(the Father) prepared a body for Me(the Son).
6 You had no pleasure in whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come, in the scroll of the book it is written of Me(the Son)
to do Your will, O EL(Theos, Elohim, God).’ ”
8 Previously saying, “Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You didn’t desire, neither had pleasure in them” those which are offered according to the Torah, 9 then He has said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first, that He may establish the second, 10 by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Yeshua the Messiah once for all.
Psalm 40
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
(Son about Father)
40:1 I waited patiently for YHVH.
He turned to Me, and heard My cry.
40:2 He brought Me up also out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay.
He set My feet on a rock,
and gave Me a firm place to stand.
40:3 He has put a new song in My mouth,
even praise to our 'Elohiym.
Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in YHVH.
40:4 Blessed is the Man Who makes YHVH His Trust,
and doesn’t respect the proud,
nor such as turn aside to lies.
(Son to Father)
40:5 Many, YHVH, My 'Elohiym, are the wonderful works
which You have done,
and Your thoughts which are toward us.
They can’t be declared back to You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
they are more than can be numbered.
40:6 Sacrifice and offering You didn’t desire.
You have opened My ears.
You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.
(Son says that the Word is about Him)
40:7 Then I said, “Behold, I have come.
It is written about Me in the book in the scroll.
40:8 I delight to do Your will, My 'Elohiym.
Yes, Your Torah is within My heart.”
40:9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness
in the great assembly. Behold, I will not seal My lips,
YHVH, You know.
40:10 I have not hidden Your righteousness
within My heart. I have declared
Your faithfulness and Your salvation.
I have not concealed Your mercy and
Your truth from the great assembly.
40:11 Don’t withhold Your compassion from Me, YHVH.
Let Your mercy and Your truth
continually preserve Me.
(Son confesses our sins as if they were His Own)
40:12 For innumerable evils have surrounded Me.
My iniquities have overtaken Me,
so that I am not able to look up.
they are more than the hairs of My head.
My heart has failed Me.
40:13 Be pleased, YHVH, to deliver Me.
Hurry to help Me, YHVH.
(Son prays against those who delight in His suffering)
40:14 Let them be disappointed and confounded together
who seek after My soul to destroy it.
Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor
who delight in My hurt.
40:15 Let them be desolate by reason of their shame
that tell Me, “Aha! Aha!”
(Son prays for believers who love His Salvation)
40:16 Let all those who seek You
rejoice and be glad in You.
Let such as love Your Salvation say continually,
“Let YHVH be exalted!”
(Son to Father)
40:17 But I am Poor and Needy.
May the 'Adonay think about Me.
You are My Help and My Deliverer.
Don’t delay, My 'Elohiym.
4 For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins. 5 Therefore when He(the Son) comes into the world, He says,
“You(the Father) didn’t desire sacrifice and offering,
but You(the Father) prepared a body for Me(the Son).
6 You had no pleasure in whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come, in the scroll of the book it is written of Me(the Son)
to do Your will, O EL(Theos, Elohim, God).’ ”
8 Previously saying, “Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You didn’t desire, neither had pleasure in them” those which are offered according to the Torah, 9 then He has said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first, that He may establish the second, 10 by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Yeshua the Messiah once for all.
Psalm 40
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
(Son about Father)
40:1 I waited patiently for YHVH.
He turned to Me, and heard My cry.
40:2 He brought Me up also out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay.
He set My feet on a rock,
and gave Me a firm place to stand.
40:3 He has put a new song in My mouth,
even praise to our 'Elohiym.
Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in YHVH.
40:4 Blessed is the Man Who makes YHVH His Trust,
and doesn’t respect the proud,
nor such as turn aside to lies.
(Son to Father)
40:5 Many, YHVH, My 'Elohiym, are the wonderful works
which You have done,
and Your thoughts which are toward us.
They can’t be declared back to You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
they are more than can be numbered.
40:6 Sacrifice and offering You didn’t desire.
You have opened My ears.
You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.
(Son says that the Word is about Him)
40:7 Then I said, “Behold, I have come.
It is written about Me in the book in the scroll.
40:8 I delight to do Your will, My 'Elohiym.
Yes, Your Torah is within My heart.”
40:9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness
in the great assembly. Behold, I will not seal My lips,
YHVH, You know.
40:10 I have not hidden Your righteousness
within My heart. I have declared
Your faithfulness and Your salvation.
I have not concealed Your mercy and
Your truth from the great assembly.
40:11 Don’t withhold Your compassion from Me, YHVH.
Let Your mercy and Your truth
continually preserve Me.
(Son confesses our sins as if they were His Own)
40:12 For innumerable evils have surrounded Me.
My iniquities have overtaken Me,
so that I am not able to look up.
they are more than the hairs of My head.
My heart has failed Me.
40:13 Be pleased, YHVH, to deliver Me.
Hurry to help Me, YHVH.
(Son prays against those who delight in His suffering)
40:14 Let them be disappointed and confounded together
who seek after My soul to destroy it.
Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor
who delight in My hurt.
40:15 Let them be desolate by reason of their shame
that tell Me, “Aha! Aha!”
(Son prays for believers who love His Salvation)
40:16 Let all those who seek You
rejoice and be glad in You.
Let such as love Your Salvation say continually,
“Let YHVH be exalted!”
(Son to Father)
40:17 But I am Poor and Needy.
May the 'Adonay think about Me.
You are My Help and My Deliverer.
Don’t delay, My 'Elohiym.