In This Age

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Previously I posted something that deals with this instant. It was not well received, not at all. Perhaps an elaboration will change things. In the Word we see a reference to "what is called time." Measured time as we know it in this age will pass into non-existence. Jesus does not use a calendar from His vantage point, He sees everything in this age from the beginning until the end of this age. My true prayer and hope for myself and for all who believe is to love Him in what is His version of time, His now. I pray our present moment is totally in conjunction forevermore with Messiah. If we we attain to this way of understanding, I believe we have nothing to concern ourselves regarding past or future, for we will continue in Christ in His Way, even while what is called time exists. It certainly makes our battles a lot easier. When temptation come and we think we belong to Jesus NOW, and we do not have any right to take what is His away, we simply cannot yield to that temptation, because we belong to Him, amen.

T

Trax

Previously I posted something that deals with this instant. It was not well received, not at all. Perhaps an elaboration will change things. In the Word we see a reference to "what is called time." Measured time as we know it in this age will pass into non-existence. Jesus does not use a calendar from His vantage point, He sees everything in this age from the beginning until the end of this age. My true prayer and hope for myself and for all who believe is to love Him in what is His version of time, His now. I pray our present moment is totally in conjunction forevermore with Messiah. If we we attain to this way of understanding, I believe we have nothing to concern ourselves regarding past or future, for we will continue in Christ in His Way, even while what is called time exists. It certainly makes our battles a lot easier. When temptation come and we think we belong to Jesus NOW, and we do not have any right to take what is His away, we simply cannot yield to that temptation, because we belong to Him, amen.

So, if time ceases to be, how would you interpret this verse:
Rev 22:2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
How will people determine a new month?

K

Kyouken

Ah, like an eternal perspective on life rather than viewing things in the now?

A

AnandaHya

truthfully I don't really think about time unless forced to. this world is temporal and fading away. we are but small candles burning quickly before awakening in the presence of our Lord in the New Heaven and New Earth.

God placed us here as caretakers and entrusted us with a task and people and things to look over and feed and nurture and guide and teach while we are in these temporal bodies. the bodies themselves are temples to God and we should live our lives as living sacrifices.

If we realize we own nothing and nothing we do is for ourselves but only for God or because God loves us and allows us to rest or enjoy the fruits of our labors and we can do so in thanksgiving to Him.

Resting, taking a day to worship God and not working but trusting that God will provide is an act of faith that people too often forget. they worry and rush and rush to get things done, that they forget that sometimes God tells us to "be still and know that I am God" I think that is what the true meaning of Sabbath is.

I have found it is in that resting and reading of God's word and meditating upon His laws and His goodness and giving thanks for all the wonderful things God has provided that I find a space a time outside of this world where the peace of the Lord is able to reach my heart and soul and find comfort in the Lord and His grace and mercy.

this world of deadlines and busy activity often leads one to forget the value of stillness and thanksgiving for what has already been done for us through Christ Jesus.

sometimes we get so busy in doing that we forget WHY we are doing the things. we forget the people and the relationship and God's commandment to love one another. not to do this or do that for one another but to love each other. spending time to listen and share and fellowship.

the world is passing but God is eternal.

praying without ceasing takes on a timeless quality.

time measures change.

to move beyond time is to find something or someone who is unchangeable.

I believe that happens when the Holy Spirit indwells within a person and they truly understand that peaceful fruit of chastening is righteousness.

Hebrews 12
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
So, if time ceases to be, how would you interpret this verse:
Rev 22:2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
How will people determine a new month?
The thousand years, which I do not pretend to understand well enough to interpret, however it is written of in several Books of the Word. Thank you for pointing to this. I do pray to always belong to Jesus in the very present moment in faith, hope and love, and that the moment at present be eternal. When (another reference to time in this age) temptation comes, it helps me to think about this moment, belonging to Jesus, and not having the right to take from Jesus what is His, me. It helps me. Perhaps this is too simple, but it sure helps me when struggles occur. God bless you in Jesus Christ, amen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
truthfully I don't really think about time unless forced to. this world is temporal and fading away. we are but small candles burning quickly before awakening in the presence of our Lord in the New Heaven and New Earth.

God placed us here as caretakers and entrusted us with a task and people and things to look over and feed and nurture and guide and teach while we are in these temporal bodies. the bodies themselves are temples to God and we should live our lives as living sacrifices.

If we realize we own nothing and nothing we do is for ourselves but only for God or because God loves us and allows us to rest or enjoy the fruits of our labors and we can do so in thanksgiving to Him.

Resting, taking a day to worship God and not working but trusting that God will provide is an act of faith that people too often forget. they worry and rush and rush to get things done, that they forget that sometimes God tells us to "be still and know that I am God" I think that is what the true meaning of Sabbath is.

I have found it is in that resting and reading of God's word and meditating upon His laws and His goodness and giving thanks for all the wonderful things God has provided that I find a space a time outside of this world where the peace of the Lord is able to reach my heart and soul and find comfort in the Lord and His grace and mercy.

this world of deadlines and busy activity often leads one to forget the value of stillness and thanksgiving for what has already been done for us through Christ Jesus.

sometimes we get so busy in doing that we forget WHY we are doing the things. we forget the people and the relationship and God's commandment to love one another. not to do this or do that for one another but to love each other. spending time to listen and share and fellowship.

the world is passing but God is eternal.

praying without ceasing takes on a timeless quality.

time measures change.

to move beyond time is to find something or someone who is unchangeable.

I believe that happens when the Holy Spirit indwells within a person and they truly understand that peaceful fruit of chastening is righteousness.

Hebrews 12
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.
I like to think all who believe Jesus Christ do all the above. Pertaining to your reference to time, my sentiments exactly. One thing God, Himself, does when telling us what will occur is interesting. He speaks of such events in the past tense, as though He has viewed it occurring. This sounds to me as though from Heaven, all is seen, from the creation, to the new home to come. As for particulars, this mystery has yet to be revealed, but all will be just fine. I believe, because God says it. Thank you, and God bless and keep you always..............jack

T

Trax

The thousand years, which I do not pretend to understand well enough to interpret, however it is written of in several Books of the Word. Thank you for pointing to this. I do pray to always belong to Jesus in the very present moment in faith, hope and love, and that the moment at present be eternal. When (another reference to time in this age) temptation comes, it helps me to think about this moment, belonging to Jesus, and not having the right to take from Jesus what is His, me. It helps me. Perhaps this is too simple, but it sure helps me when struggles occur. God bless you in Jesus Christ, amen.
What I posted was "after" the 1000 year reign of Jesus:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

How can you have months without time?

A

AnandaHya

What I posted was "after" the 1000 year reign of Jesus:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

How can you have months without time?
a better question is how do you have MONTHS without a MOON?

Revelation 21:23
The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In the last two posts referring to no longer having a moon and having months............this too will be revealed. Perhaps the new Heaven and the New Earth are for a time yet and temporary. In certain past experience after prayer and fasting, my own state was such that everything seemed like props in a movie, unreal and temporary, also unfamiliar. It is a sensation of being outside this age without time. I suppose this experience is part of my present approach to my own handling of dealing with the struggles that arise in my own walk with Jesus. Here, perhaps, I have answered my own questions, unwittingly, ergo, I may be in err in sharing this. If so, please excuse and forgive me that. God bless all in Jesus Christ, amen.

A

AnandaHya

In the last two posts referring to no longer having a moon and having months............this too will be revealed. Perhaps the new Heaven and the New Earth are for a time yet and temporary. In certain past experience after prayer and fasting, my own state was such that everything seemed like props in a movie, unreal and temporary, also unfamiliar. It is a sensation of being outside this age without time. I suppose this experience is part of my present approach to my own handling of dealing with the struggles that arise in my own walk with Jesus. Here, perhaps, I have answered my own questions, unwittingly, ergo, I may be in err in sharing this. If so, please excuse and forgive me that. God bless all in Jesus Christ, amen.
sometimes just talking about it helps you see clearer. :) I don't mind listening and find nothing to excuse or forgive with the sharing of your thoughts.

your words remind me of a song (lol i seem to have music constantly running through my head and wanted to share ;) )

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOtsB4O1p3o[/video]

don't worry, you're not alone in your feelings and also because God is always with you ;)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Very well said, or should I say well sung........

T

Trax

a better question is how do you have MONTHS without a MOON?

Revelation 21:23
The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
Where does it say there wont be a sun and/or moon? In Rev 21:23, I see that the city wont
need the sun or moon to provide light.
Psa 89:36 "His descendants shall endure forever And his throne as the sun before Me.
Psa 89:37 "It shall be established forever like the moon, And the witness in the sky is faithful."