In what ways does the Holy Spirit act in you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Gifts? Fruit? Actions? What to speak? Or something else? Do you know who the Holy Spirit is and what all He does?

I'm curious to see how the Holy Spirit is affecting your life.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
True Christians are Controlled by the Spirit. Yet, I've never spoken to anyone who has claimed that their life is, without a doubt, under the full control of the Spirit. I hope this thread receives hundreds of responses!

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
through visions and audio conversations.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
True Christians are Controlled by the Spirit. Yet, I've never spoken to anyone who has claimed that their life is, without a doubt, under the full control of the Spirit. I hope this thread receives hundreds of responses!
Probably due to misunderstanding on how the Spirit moves in us.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Gifts? Fruit? Actions? What to speak? Or something else? Do you know who the Holy Spirit is and what all He does?

I'm curious to see how the Holy Spirit is affecting your life.
Helps me understand the Bible. Convicts me of thinking unlovely thoughts of others. Gives me peace in times of stress.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Helps bring to remembrance how I am to conduct my life, and each day
through prayer and my quiet time, the Holy Spirit helps keep my attitude
and behavior in check, with a spiritual awareness, the Holy Spirit, over many
years has greatly helped my life to be more orderly and manageable.
To me, the Holy Spirit is my own spiritual awareness within, and helps to
maintain some harmony with worldly surroundings. And, it is firmly believed,
without a spiritual awakening and awareness, often there are those who perceive
a worldly foolishness of pretentious make believe, solely in hope of self recognition.
And to be crystal clear, it is about sharing my love of Christ our Lord, and how my
life has been changed by the grace of God, believe it!
And, I have shared many things through the influence of the Holy Spirit, and without,
and on my own, it would not be possible, believe it."
'Thank God'!!

2350_4e13802c_full - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg

jb

Feb 27, 2010
A few studies for those interested on The Holy Spirit can be found Here, Here and Here

Mar 17, 2021
Strange that no one has clearly mentioned that the Holy Spirit gives clear insight into what the Bible is telling us, and that He is transforming us to move away from the works of the flesh and toward the fruit of the Spirit. That the Holy Spirit is working holiness in us so that we are conforming to the image of Christ, from glory to glory.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Helps me understand the Bible. Convicts me of thinking unlovely thoughts of others. Gives me peace in times of stress.
Cool so how does the Spirit help you understand the Bible? I'm hoping by asking these type of questions and getting real life testimony, it can help new believers or older believers who have not had much contact with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
"Helps bring to remembrance how I am to conduct my life, and each day
through prayer and my quiet time, the Holy Spirit helps keep my attitude
and behavior in check, with a spiritual awareness, the Holy Spirit, over many
years has greatly helped my life to be more orderly and manageable.
To me, the Holy Spirit is my own spiritual awareness within, and helps to
maintain some harmony with worldly surroundings. And, it is firmly believed,
without a spiritual awakening and awareness, often there are those who perceive
a worldly foolishness of pretentious make believe, solely in hope of self recognition.
And to be crystal clear, it is about sharing my love of Christ our Lord, and how my
life has been changed by the grace of God, believe it!
And, I have shared many things through the influence of the Holy Spirit, and without,
and on my own, it would not be possible, believe it."
'Thank God'!!

View attachment 226885
What are examples of you sharing something through the Holy Spirit?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
My example, was brought in by having to car pool due to my truck either naturally or supernaturally breaking down (you decide). It gave me the opportunity to ride with another guy who was dealing with spouse problems, financial problems, drug problems, and had been abused by the church growing up. I just naturally spoke about my faith and eventually he shared all this after a few weeks of riding together. After work we sat in the car, in the driveway and he poured out these struggles to me. It was as if their was a 3rd person in the car and I was spectating. It was like the Holy Spirit speaking through me saying exactly what the man needed to hear.

This happens a lot but not on this scale. It probably happened this way due to how much time I spent with him.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Strange that no one has clearly mentioned that the Holy Spirit gives clear insight into what the Bible is telling us, and that He is transforming us to move away from the works of the flesh and toward the fruit of the Spirit. That the Holy Spirit is working holiness in us so that we are conforming to the image of Christ, from glory to glory.
Some have mentioned it. But despite that, I agree whole heartedly.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
Are you searching the Scriptures to confirm that these visions are coming from the Holy Spirit and not another spirit?
i can confirm through my faith.

an example is once i was walking down an upper path at the beach, a pinecone fell in front of me glowing brilliantly like the sun.
the feeling i got from witnessing this was unearthly. i know 100% it was a vision from The Holy Spirit.
i've had other visions, some would think hallucinations. for example, everything turning black and white, and a modern car turning into a model T right before my eyes.

as far as the audio, when listening to people speak, certain words or phrases "zap" me into a religious state of mind instantly.
as if a third party jumped into the conversation. without faith, i would think i needed my head checked. :eek:

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I can confirm through my faith.

an example is once I was walking down an upper path at the beach, a pinecone fell in front of me glowing brilliantly like the sun.
the feeling I got from witnessing this was unearthly. I know 100% it was a vision from The Holy Spirit.
I've had other visions, some would think hallucinations. for example, everything turning black and white, and a modern car turning into a model T right before my eyes.

as far as the audio, when listening to people speak, certain words or phrases "zap" me into a religious state of mind instantly.
as if a third party jumped into the conversation. without faith, I would think I needed my head checked. :eek:
How have these experiences changed your life . . . the way you think . . . the way you do things?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
i can confirm through my faith.

an example is once i was walking down an upper path at the beach, a pinecone fell in front of me glowing brilliantly like the sun.
the feeling i got from witnessing this was unearthly. i know 100% it was a vision from The Holy Spirit.
i've had other visions, some would think hallucinations. for example, everything turning black and white, and a modern car turning into a model T right before my eyes.

as if a third party jumped into the conversation. without faith, i would think i needed my head checked. :eek:
What did the vision reveal? A dream like state given by God always had a meaning or interpretation.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Unable to make it simple, you may be out of your element."
( so says Confucius )