In your opinion do you believe world is about 6000 years old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 19, 2024
Mathematics is not a science.

Mathematics is solely based on five axioms.

Science is based on observations and evidence.

Mathematics and science are separate domains.

According to the data, Biochemical Science is the hardest major in America today, while the Elementary Education
major was rated as the easiest.

Mathematics was at the halfway point in its level of difficulty in a list of 118 degrees.

The top 5 in that list of difficult degrees to complete are shown below.

Biochemical Sciences
Botany
Chemical Engineering
Chemistry
Molecular Biology

This data has the advantage of being extensive. The difficulty ratings are based on data collected from
over 200 universities, over 150,000 professors, and almost 3 million student ratings, covering 118 majors.
(bigeconomics.org/the-hardest-and-easiest-college-majors-full-list)
Biochemical Science and Elementary Education are not necessarily separate domains, because EE is necessary in order to become a BS. Ditto Math and Science. I believe God is One and all Truth is related. That is my unified theory.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I just want to also say that it is God who lays down the laws of Mathematics. This is why I say that Math is beautiful - because it comes from the mind of God. 💗

Mathematics Beauty | Math Motivation

THE BEAUTY OF MATHEMATICS Trailer | TIFF Kids 2014

"Mathematics is the language in which God has written the universe" - Galileo Galilei​

💐
I never understood why someone would believe that God was a mathematician.

I do not picture God with a calculator in His hand?

I see mathematics as a way of counting sheep that slowly evolves over millennia.

If you complete a degree in mathematics you will have a knowledge of a subject,
that no one is interested in. Ever wondered why mathematicians have no friends?

Because they don't know anything.

When I started my second year of a mathematics degree on the morning of my first lecture.
I accidently walked into a psychology lecture and there was at a guess. Two hundred
young girls studying psychology sitting and waiting for the lecture to start. I knew instantly
something was wrong.

I walked over and asked one of the girls whether this was a mathematics lecture?

She said no it's psychology.

I turned walked out and had a look at my folder.

The next lecture theatre.

I walked in and behold, four young guys and two were wearing glasses.

No need to ask whether this was the mathematics lecture.

Can you see why I made the wrong choice in my major?

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Biochemical Science and Elementary Education are not necessarily separate domains, because EE is necessary in order to become a BS. Ditto Math and Science. I believe God is One and all Truth is related. That is my unified theory.
Thanks for the reply.

Biochemical Science is the most difficult degree to complete at university.

Elementary Education is the easiest of all the 118 majors to complete.

Here is where I mentioned the word "domain".

Oct 19, 2024
Thanks for the reply.

Biochemical Science is the most difficult degree to complete at university.

Elementary Education is the easiest of all the 118 majors to complete.

Here is where I mentioned the word "domain".

Separate as subcategories of one/unified Truth! (Both-And synthesis)

Jul 1, 2021
The only reason there is a gap theory to begin with is because of modern science. If there was no scientific claims about the earth being billions of years old, no one would have ever invented the unnecessary gap theory. Its just day, day is a day. Our week is based on Creation and its a WEEK.

Ballaurena

May 27, 2024
I don't have much time at the moment (or the foreseeable hours of this day and next, to respond beyond this post--my apologies)... so in the effort to save some time, I will link a past post I made on this Subject (re: the CONTEXT of Hosea 5:14-6:3 [re: ISRAEL], and how 2Pet3's verse pertains):

Post #26 - https://christianchat.com/threads/looking-for-jesus.203611/post-4804943

bottom line: I believe you are putting your own interpretation on both 2Pet3:8 (and related passages you had likely alluded to, when you say it means that these are expressions "of how outside of time God is" and "God has said the age of the earth is a "meaningless question" because time didn't exist when it was created." I believe that is not what HE is conveying in these related-type passages--I try to explain this at the LINK above, an old post of mine. )

Also, I believe the Hosea5:14-6:3 CONTEXT... well, I quoted that whole passage also at the LINK, so perhaps you could read that carefully there, where I also provided "explanation" (that will save me some time typing the same thing out here. :) Thanks!)

Ballaurena

May 27, 2024
I don't have much time at the moment (or the foreseeable hours of this day and next, to respond beyond this post--my apologies)... so in the effort to save some time, I will link a past post I made on this Subject (re: the CONTEXT of Hosea 5:14-6:3 [re: ISRAEL], and how 2Pet3's verse pertains):

Post #26 - https://christianchat.com/threads/looking-for-jesus.203611/post-4804943

bottom line: I believe you are putting your own interpretation on both 2Pet3:8 (and related passages you had likely alluded to, when you say it means that these are expressions "of how outside of time God is" and "God has said the age of the earth is a "meaningless question" because time didn't exist when it was created." I believe that is not what HE is conveying in these related-type passages--I try to explain this at the LINK above, an old post of mine. )

Also, I believe the Hosea5:14-6:3 CONTEXT... well, I quoted that whole passage also at the LINK, so perhaps you could read that carefully there, where I also provided "explanation" (that will save me some time typing the same thing out here. :) Thanks!)
I don't think we are communicating much at all.

I only mentioned the 2 Peter 3:8 passage because I thought you were bringing it up and I was trying to take a stab at what you meant.

I didn't interpret that God said it was a meaningless question because time didn't exist - that was an exact quote relayed by a tested Prophet. I even put the part I remembered the exact wording of in quotes to indicate this. And other things that have come via others at my church have since added onto the understanding of this, so its not like I just didn't understand what God was getting at.

And I still see nothing in Hosea related to the issue of when time began or the age of the earth.

Quite frankly, I don't think ill of you, but I don't wish to continue since I don't feel there is anything to be accomplished by it. I simply shared something that was shared with me. It isn't important, but I was submitting it for anyone who cared to know. If you don't, move on.

Feb 17, 2023
I never understood why someone would believe that God was a mathematician.

I do not picture God with a calculator in His hand?

I see mathematics as a way of counting sheep that slowly evolves over millennia.

If you complete a degree in mathematics you will have a knowledge of a subject,
that no one is interested in. Ever wondered why mathematicians have no friends?

Because they don't know anything.

When I started my second year of a mathematics degree on the morning of my first lecture.
I accidently walked into a psychology lecture and there was at a guess. Two hundred
young girls studying psychology sitting and waiting for the lecture to start. I knew instantly
something was wrong.

I walked over and asked one of the girls whether this was a mathematics lecture?

She said no it's psychology.

I turned walked out and had a look at my folder.

The next lecture theatre.

I walked in and behold, four young guys and two were wearing glasses.

No need to ask whether this was the mathematics lecture.

Can you see why I made the wrong choice in my major?

Oh please, you're exposed yourself! You can't even see how useful math is?!?? Lol! I really don't need to take you seriously. You're just talking out the side of your mouth. That's why you can't even cite sources because you're just making all that stuff up! I should have realized that when you got your eschatology all mixed up on the other thread. If you can't even figure that out, OF COURSE you won't understand Mathematics. :ROFL:

🍉

Ballaurena

May 27, 2024
It's pretty plain what God said in the Bible. I couldn't believe you missed it. You don't need a prophetic word for it. You're just saying all this to save face. :)

💐
What do you mean I don't NEED a prophetic word for it!?! :mad: Is it an important issue? - No, but then if you don't care why are you even here discussing it? It wasn't up to me and it certainly wasn't up to you, though it might have been up to the gentleman who asked. The fact is that God gave one, and it is one thing to test, or even just move on, but to reject outright what God said is rebellion!

I can appreciate that not everyone accepts that the gifts of the Spirit are still active, but considering that I obviously do, what you are encouraging me to do is to rebel against God in my heart in favor of following you. There may be more to it, but there is a reason that the Bible gives a warning against everyone becoming a teacher and says that there is a higher standard of judgment (James 3:1-5, see below). I know better than to listen to your ill-conceived advice, but you really need to realize where you are leading people. And if you expect me to be wise enough to know not to listen, then why are you here arguing with me at all?

And no, I'm not just trying to save face. Do you really accuse me of falsely putting words in God's mouth merely for the sake of avoiding emotional discomfort or embarrassment??? If so, what did I do to cause you to have so little faith in my character? I am certain I don't know of a reason beyond merely disagreeing with you, which is an extremely deficient standard to attack me so.

Whether or not the answer to our original question is as plain in the Bible as you suggest, it is looking more and more plain where your heart is and it makes me sad. Repent.

If I have failed you in any way in writing all this, I am indeed sorry, but I have tried hard to speak only what is helpful. Please make sure you do the same for me and others.

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
"19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil."

James 3:1-5
"Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark."

Jan 17, 2024
The only reason there is a gap theory to begin with is because of modern science. If there was no scientific claims about the earth being billions of years old, no one would have ever invented the unnecessary gap theory. Its just day, day is a day. Our week is based on Creation and its a WEEK.
Nay the gap theory's origins goes back to the writings of the 17th-century Dutch theologian Simon Episcopius.

Oct 19, 2024
What do you mean I don't NEED a prophetic word for it!?! :mad: Is it an important issue? - No, but then if you don't care why are you even here discussing it? It wasn't up to me and it certainly wasn't up to you, though it might have been up to the gentleman who asked. The fact is that God gave one, and it is one thing to test, or even just move on, but to reject outright what God said is rebellion!

I can appreciate that not everyone accepts that the gifts of the Spirit are still active, but considering that I obviously do, what you are encouraging me to do is to rebel against God in my heart in favor of following you. There may be more to it, but there is a reason that the Bible gives a warning against everyone becoming a teacher and says that there is a higher standard of judgment (James 3:1-5, see below). I know better than to listen to your ill-conceived advice, but you really need to realize where you are leading people. And if you expect me to be wise enough to know not to listen, then why are you here arguing with me at all?

And no, I'm not just trying to save face. Do you really accuse me of falsely putting words in God's mouth merely for the sake of avoiding emotional discomfort or embarrassment??? If so, what did I do to cause you to have so little faith in my character? I am certain I don't know of a reason beyond merely disagreeing with you, which is an extremely deficient standard to attack me so.

Whether or not the answer to our original question is as plain in the Bible as you suggest, it is looking more and more plain where your heart is and it makes me sad. Repent.

If I have failed you in any way in writing all this, I am indeed sorry, but I have tried hard to speak only what is helpful. Please make sure you do the same for me and others.

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
"19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil."

James 3:1-5
"Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark."
If I may add two cents, you cited a key verse that might well serve as the motto for Christian Chat: Test all things (in this case all prophecies); hold fast what is good. Amen to that! 🤓

Jan 17, 2024
The scientists say that there was a flood on Mars too which could account for those canyons. God's work in His creation is so breath-taking! (Click on title for more information about flood on Mars.)

... And this too (click on title for the article). Of course this is from a secular scientist's view - everything happened millions of years ago, etc. etc. with no mention of God's hand in all of this....

It's a shame that secular scientists won't acknowledge God's hand in this but it is an amazing work of God neverthless!

💐
Canyons are amazing though they are not evidence of planet wide floods.

Feb 17, 2023
If I may add two cents, you cited a key verse that might well serve as the motto for Christian Chat: Test all things (in this case all prophecies); hold fast what is good. Amen to that! 🤓

Oh believe me, I've tested her spirits.... She labels her own views as "prophecies" from God (when they aren't) to try to get Christians to accept her views as their own. No thanks.

🍉

Jan 17, 2024
Don't bother making statements that can't be verified by others then.

🍉
The Mariana trench is alot closer to the transition zone within earth. Where the vast majority of earth's water is.

You think the canyon is evidence I don't. Deep sea trenches would be more plausible than a plateau.

Feb 17, 2023
The Mariana trench is alot closer to the transition zone within earth. Where the vast majority of earth's water is.

You think the canyon is evidence I don't. Deep sea trenches would be more plausible than a plateau.

Where is your source? Otherwise, I don't have to believe you or take you seriously.

🍉