Increase The Time Limit to Edit A Post...?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
Five minutes isn’t always enough to catch all the errors/typos...or occasionally add more information to one.

How about 15-20?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
How about people just take 5 minutes to proof read their posts a few times before hitting the "post reply" button??

Your suggestion has been suggested several times. It's not likely to get more time implemented onto it.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Five minutes isn’t always enough to catch all the errors/typos...or occasionally add more information to one.

How about 15-20?
I agree when we keep our grand daughter I constantly have to stop and give attention at any time all day ..

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
This has been suggested numerous times over the 8 years I've been here. The site owner picked this time limit to prevent trolls from being able to change trolling posts to prevent being caught. They are staunch on this time limit and have yet to budge.

M

morefaithrequired

How about 15-20?
sorry your time is up.
no more editing allowed.

WingsOfLight

Dec 10, 2019
My time to come on here is already limited. I live with someone who probably wouldn't like it.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I wish there was more time. I understand the reasoning behind not extending it but it would be nice.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
How about people just take 5 minutes to proof read their posts a few times before hitting the "post reply" button??

Your suggestion has been suggested several times. It's not likely to get more time implemented onto it.
Yes, good advice..

I am guilty of failing to do this at times and i end up later reading my post and wishing i had taken the time to proof read it.. :rolleyes:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just get into the habit of proofreading before hitting send. I know as I tend to do this too. Thats why often I just make another post, if I feel I want to add something Ive forgotten to say.