independence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iveseenworse

I believe in the power of prayer. I received MS 14 years ago. first in my right foot, then left. left hand, then lost my ability to walk, work, then drive. gift's not to return. this week my last good hand is now failing. i'm not scared but uncertain about how this will look for me. i don't want assisted living. can I have your prayer? ty.

S

skylove7

God bless you Iveseenworse

Lifting you in prayer

Jesus Jesus
My prayer is for iveseenworse this morning. Please ease his pain and heal his illness in Your precious name Holy Jesus.
Jesus you know my brother's heart and strength....and how even through his troubles in life, iveseenworse prays for other people. I pray for his hand not to fail him. I pray he remains joyful and at peace through sorrows of life's storms.
Amen dear brother. My prayers will be with you!
Love
Sky

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015

I believe in the power of prayer. I received MS 14 years ago. first in my right foot, then left. left hand, then lost my ability to walk, work, then drive. gift's not to return. this week my last good hand is now failing. i'm not scared but uncertain about how this will look for me. i don't want assisted living. can I have your prayer? ty.
Heavenly Father I pray for I've Seen Worse, I ask that he would continue to know your presence. I ask that his one good hand would not continue to deteriate, that he would find ways to adapt and continue to keep his independence. In the name of Jesus Amen

S

sydlit

Father in heaven, we join our prayers together for this one in Jesus' name for healing and strength where deterioration has taken place, for wisdom to help him make the decisions necessary to live as effectively as he can for you and others, and for peace in his heart that you are with him and will never leave him or forsake him. Help him and us all sense your love and healing by the presence and power of Your Holy Spirit, guide us in your word of truth and fill us with the joy of your salvation. We give you thanks and praise in the name of our wonderful God and Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

(Feel free to pm. what did you mean 'gifts not to return?
I didn't understand that statement.)

D

Depleted

My heart goes out to you. My right hand has had tremors for a long time, but I'm left handed. Still, I've become very conscious of how we need both hands. Now my left hand is as bad as my right. Still, the likelihood of it getting terrible isn't likely with what I have. (Just some kind of tremors middle aged and older people get sometimes. Sounds like no one knows why, and nothing can be done about it until the hands are utterly useless. Most never get that bad.)

I will pray, but I know who I'm talking to. "I've seen worse." Not just a name with you, but a reality. I know you don't want assisted living. But will you have a choice? Considering your other three limbs have already become disabled, of all people to know how to deal with living this way, I trust you to be better at it than most expert PTs/OTs. If there's a way, you figured it out already. And yet, your dominate hand, so the most important limb is going. I think you probably already know about VRS, (voice recognition software, for those that don't know.) Are you using it yet? (If so, is it still as annoying as it used to be? I gave up on mine after 45 minutes of trying to teach it to recognize my name. Lynn! Not that hard, and easy to spell. lol) Do you have grabbers yet? (I don't know what they're really called, but I'm talking about equipment that can reach to the floor, or the top shelf, to grab things, when we cannot.) I'm assuming you've got the long shoehorn and the bars for the bathroom already. Have they outlived their usefulness now? Seriously. I know you have plans to outwit this as long as possible, but do you have plans after that point?

You will need assisted-living bar a complete miracle from God. I would plan for that before you get stuck having someone else plan it for you with no input from you.

One other thing -- have you checked recently to see if anything new has shown up for MS symptoms? Doctors may well try to keep up, but there is so much info out there, I can't see how they can keep up with all of it, so maybe your doctor missed something that you can find.

Lord, you know Iveseenworse the best. You know he is your warrior. If it is your will, heal him. Whatever your will, always make sure he's hearing loud and clear you are for him. And, Lord, bring to him the info he needs to know specifically for him. Thank you for what he has given so many of us on this site. And thank you for taking care of him in your perfect way. Amen.

D

Depleted

(Feel free to pm. what did you mean 'gifts not to return?
I didn't understand that statement.)
The ability to walk, work, and drive are gifts from God. Ive doesn't believe he'll get those gifts back.

I

iveseenworse

Thank you for the kind word's and prayer's:)

mochi

May 26, 2015
I'm praying for your healing :) Jesus is so good and He will provide all you need.. healing and everything else.. He will give the best! trust Him and dont worry about anything.. He is good and always be.. God bless you :)

S

sydlit

I'm praying for your healing :) Jesus is so good and He will provide all you need.. healing and everything else.. He will give the best! trust Him and dont worry about anything.. He is good and always be.. God bless you :)
Very sweet prayer, I join mine with yours. :)

S

shlee23

Praying for you.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
iveseenworse...This scripture has been on my heart a lot this past week & I've realized that this is such a powerful faith statement, that can help you to face anything life may bring. 2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. I know, as we look up to our Heavenly Father, who dwells within, He is more than able to give you peace, joy & strength to continue living your journey in life Victoriously. Never doubt in the Lords abundance supply of all that you will ever need for living each new day as it comes. Jesus loves You! & He will continue to use you to do His work all though life. I know also that there is healing in His name, so I pray for the Lord to bring divine healing to your body & give you strength through out your body. In Jesus name..

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I noticed someone who has not been with us often the past weeks. Let us remember isw in prayer.