Indian Christian forum...?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
I don't understand these forums, Indian and Filipino. I think they will only take away from the other forums. Besides, are only people from India or interested in India and the Philippines supposed to join in the conversations? :confused:

framester

Jan 4, 2010
Basically anybody can join the Forums.
INDIA and FILIPINO are new additions to what we have.
God willing we can have more ... and still anybody is FREE to join.

CC's purpose is international fellowship and we rely on God's power to fulfill his purpose in his appointed time.

Last edited:

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
These forums could be a real blessing to those who don't speak English as their first language, I'm sure. They are (as I understand) mainly so that the native languages of India and the Philippines can be used. English is the only language that's allowed to be used in the other forums, mainly for ease of moderation. I'm really glad to see these new forums here :).

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Yes Jilly81 but it's not only language. There are situations particular to being a Christian in India, and in Indian culture, for example, that Indian Christians may want to share and consult with each other about. Also new Indian viisitors may be more comfortable and less shy posting in an Indian Christian Forum instead of one of the other forums dominated by native English speakers.

And every Indian member that I've asked thinks it's a great idea. So if they want it, I'm not sure why anyone else would have a problem with it. :) So we're happy to have an Indian forum and an Indian room, run or moderated by some of our trusted Indian members, for Indian Christian fellowsihp, and likewise a Filipino forum and Filipino room, run or moderated by some of our trusted Filipino members.

Also I think having an Indian Christian Forum and an India room helps to build up the Indian fellowship here, which does help to make our site even more international, and there will of course be cross-mingling of rooms and forums, so be glad if we're able to make CC even more international.

The purpose of CC is online international fellowship, and all of the things we do or add help accomplish and enhance that. :)

Anyway if these new forums are active enough with fellowship then we'll keep them here and thank God for the fellowship. It also gives our Filipino and Indian brothers and sisters here some opportunity to reach out to people from their own country, which is definitely a good thing.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
This is a great idea.

How about a Russian forum? There are actually many Russian speaking people at CC (myself included). I mean I understand that we probably dont want a forum for every country on earth, but since there is a decent % of Russian members maybe its worth it?

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Eugenius: We'd love to have a Russian Christian Forum. If there are enough people to get it started, and enough to keep it going. But we'd rather not have inactive forums on our list. So it all depends on you guys.

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Yes Jilly81 but it's not only language. There are situations particular to being a Christian in India, and in Indian culture, for example, that Indian Christians may want to share and consult with each other about. Also new Indian viisitors may be more comfortable and less shy posting in an Indian Christian Forum instead of one of the other forums dominated by native English speakers.

And every Indian member that I've asked thinks it's a great idea. So if they want it, I'm not sure why anyone else would have a problem with it. :) So we're happy to have an Indian forum and an Indian room, run or moderated by some of our trusted Indian members, for Indian Christian fellowsihp, and likewise a Filipino forum and Filipino room, run or moderated by some of our trusted Filipino members.

Also I think having an Indian Christian Forum and an India room helps to build up the Indian fellowship here, which does help to make our site even more international, and there will of course be cross-mingling of rooms and forums, so be glad if we're able to make CC even more international.

The purpose of CC is online international fellowship, and all of the things we do or add help accomplish and enhance that. :)

Anyway if these new forums are active enough with fellowship then we'll keep them here and thank God for the fellowship. It also gives our Filipino and Indian brothers and sisters here some opportunity to reach out to people from their own country, which is definitely a good thing.
Praise the Lord brother,
thank you so much for creating this forum for us, yes we're having some shy or comfortableness with other county people. i wish ill be a active member till my last breath. i don't want to miss this for any cast. i came here with a broken heart but here some people made joy in my heart from the heaven ,i sure its only God's love thank you so much everyone. thank you RoboOp brother, God bless you more and more.

U

Ugly

Praise the Lord brother,
thank you so much for creating this forum for us, yes we're having some shy or comfortableness with other county people. i wish ill be a active member till my last breath. i don't want to miss this for any cast. i came here with a broken heart but here some people made joy in my heart from the heaven ,i sure its only God's love thank you so much everyone. thank you RoboOp brother, God bless you more and more.
Kind of missed the 2012 date on that post didn't you? Haha.
Despite what seems to be a good size group from India on the site, the India forums are not often used.

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Kind of missed the 2012 date on that post didn't you? Haha.
Despite what seems to be a good size group from India on the site, the India forums are not often used.
Praise the Lord brother,
i know this post from 2012 but i seen now so i replied now only and yes Indian forum used rarely may be that's why i came here to support India :D , thanks for your valuable response bro, God bless you.:)

Jul 4, 2022
I don't understand these forums, Indian and Filipino. I think they will only take away from the other forums. Besides, are only people from India or interested in India and the Philippines supposed to join in the conversations? :confused:
I agree with you that we are Christians wherever we may live. Why should we talk of Indian Christians or Bangladesh Christians or any other type of Christians by their nation names? Haven’t the divisions between Christians been removed by Christ?

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
I have been involved in..working with Christian missions/ministries..
- in Philippines & India.. for many years.
- Literature Distribution & Leadership Training.
---
Filipino & Indian Christian forums.. have been helpful to me.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I agree with you that we are Christians wherever we may live. Why should we talk of Indian Christians or Bangladesh Christians or any other type of Christians by their nation names? Haven’t the divisions between Christians been removed by Christ?
You're 10 Years late to the thread.
And perhaps ultimately Divisions should have been removed, but that doesn't mean that there aren't distinctions and differences between gender, culture, location, etc...
How ones faith is impacted can vary among such factors, that is not division, that's reality. Division only arises when people put too much emphasis on their differences. That doesn't mean they should be ignored.
Even the bible talks about the body of Christ having different parts with different functions. The hand ans the mouth aren't divisions, they are different parts of the same body.
Unity doesn't mean uniqueness and distinctions are gone, it means they are brought together to function as one.
This also fosters growth and learning when done properly.

Mar 12, 2023
These forums could be a real blessing to those who don't speak English as their first language, I'm sure. They are (as I understand) mainly so that the native languages of India and the Philippines can be used. English is the only language that's allowed to be used in the other forums, mainly for ease of moderation. I'm really glad to see these new forums here :).

Hi. I'm a Indian Christian in California interested in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in India. My prayers are with those who suffer persecution.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Hi. I'm an Indian Christian in California interested in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in India. My prayers are with those who suffer persecution.
Hello,
We are hearing testimony these recent weeks about how the church began in India. If you are from Hyderabad you may have heard of Bakht Singh.
Also broadcasted on Skype to those overseas.

Mar 12, 2023
Hello,
We are hearing testimony these recent weeks about how the church began in India. If you are from Hyderabad you may have heard of Bakht Singh.
Also broadcasted on Skype to those overseas.
My understanding of this topic begins with the Apostle Thomas. However, you may have more knowledge which I would like to hear from you

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
My understanding of this topic begins with the Apostle Thomas. However, you may have more knowledge which I would like to hear from you
In short, Bakht Singh (who actually hated Christian’s as a school boy) was an engineer. (He did his degree in England. As a young punjabi man of the sikh religion, supported and sent by his parents to study)
In an amazing way God met with him on a cruise ship somewhere in Canada/Vancouver in 1929, and saved his soul.
There are more details of his family (and town folk where he came from in the Punjab,) resisting and telling him to forget the Christian faith.

In 1933 following his studies he returned to Colonial India with a clear call from God to be a witness for Christ among his own people in India. The Lord received him for his ministry on three conditions:

1. Do not join any organizations—serve all equally.

2. Do not make your own plan. Let Me guide you and lead you every step of the way.

3. Do not make your needs known to any human being. Ask Me only and I shall provide for your needs.

He was sent of God. No religious body sent him or titled him, but he fulfilled every ministry, and that of an apostle. Established hundreds of churches in India.

He was travelling worldwide at the same period of time that Billy Graham was.
They happened to see each other at the airport once. Billy Graham told Bakht Singh, “I am like the spokes of the wheel, but you are the hub”

Sometime during his ministry he had fellowship with other men of God as
T A Sparks, Watchman Nee etc.

I was not even born yet, but someone here in Australia heard Bakht Singh’s ministry when he visited, and by Gods grace began to build the House of God.
1 Timothy 3:15 KJV
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Mar 12, 2023
In short, Bakht Singh (who actually hated Christian’s as a school boy) was an engineer. (He did his degree in England. As a young punjabi man of the sikh religion, supported and sent by his parents to study)
In an amazing way God met with him on a cruise ship somewhere in Canada/Vancouver in 1929, and saved his soul.
There are more details of his family (and town folk where he came from in the Punjab,) resisting and telling him to forget the Christian faith.

In 1933 following his studies he returned to Colonial India with a clear call from God to be a witness for Christ among his own people in India. The Lord received him for his ministry on three conditions:

1. Do not join any organizations—serve all equally.

2. Do not make your own plan. Let Me guide you and lead you every step of the way.

3. Do not make your needs known to any human being. Ask Me only and I shall provide for your needs.

He was sent of God. No religious body sent him or titled him, but he fulfilled every ministry, and that of an apostle. Established hundreds of churches in India.

He was travelling worldwide at the same period of time that Billy Graham was.
They happened to see each other at the airport once. Billy Graham told Bakht Singh, “I am like the spokes of the wheel, but you are the hub”

Sometime during his ministry he had fellowship with other men of God as
T A Sparks, Watchman Nee etc.

I was not even born yet, but someone here in Australia heard Bakht Singh’s ministry when he visited, and by Gods grace began to build the House of God.
1 Timothy 3:15 KJV
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Thank you for the complete story. I will certainly study Bakht Singh

earthfaith