Indonesian teen survives 49 days adrift without paddle, but with Bible: report

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Indonesian teen survives 49 days adrift without paddle, but with Bible: report

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ift-without-paddle-but-with-bible-report.html

An Indonesian teenager, who worked on a floating fish trap 80 miles off the country's coast, survived 49 days adrift in the Pacific Ocean with only a Bible, limited rations and a small radio, reports said Monday. Strong winds during a July storm reportedly snapped the lines keeping Aldi Novel Adilang, a 19-year-old lamp keeper, moored in place. He was helpless and floated off without even a paddle. “Aldi said he had been scared and often cried when adrift. Every time he saw a large ship, he said he was hopeful, but more than ten ships had passed him, none...

Aug 2, 2009
Its even more amazing when you realize the thing he was on wasn't even a boat. It's just a floating fish trap that looks like a boat, yet it withstood storms at sea!

Sep 23, 2018
I've never seen a floating fish trap that looked like the one the boy sailed on. It looks more like a small house, instead of a tiny wire cage. Who knew they could be built so big!

Oct 3, 2018
www.jbs.org
I've never seen a floating fish trap that looked like the one the boy sailed on. It looks more like a small house, instead of a tiny wire cage. Who knew they could be built so big!
I agree with you. That so called fish trap looks like a home made house boat.
And the boy doesn't look as emaciated as one would expect being adrift for more than a month at sea. And with no fresh water?

Sep 23, 2018
Well, the boy used rainwater, and filtered sea water, so he had just enough to survive on. He definitely looks kind of young to be working on a fishing boat, but I've seen a few news reels that show countries where young adults or kids are working. Plus the article said that he had "limited rations" along with the fish he caught. So that could include some water, and non-perishable food items. It's certainly an interesting story, though.

Feb 28, 2016
been there, done that, but it was about '7' years or there about for us -
'in the desert, I mean' - most intense and beautiful time for both of us in our lives'...

S

selfdissolving

That's one way to be alone with God for awhile lol!