by selflessacrifice
I don’t know about you, but I am the type of girl that if I need to remember something, I write a small note on the inside of my hand. Throughout the day, I find myself looking at the notes which are on my palms to be reminded of what I need to do. For some reason, paper and a pen are not enough.
This reminds me of the promise that God has given to us.
“Behold, I have graven you upon the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:16.
God has engraved my name and yours in the palm of His hands. Zion was saying to God how He has forgotten about them, and God made a very good point by saying: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you” (Isaiah 49:15). He is constantly thinking about you because You are on the palms of His hand. He’s saying, “People may forget about you, but I never will.”
The word graven comes from the Hebrew word chaqaq. It means to “cut in.” Literally. The notes I have written on my hand will become washed off and within a few days, I will forget about the notes I wrote just days before. But my name and your name will never,ever be washed off of the palms of God. Because it’s cut in, it’s carved in. It’s not written with pen. Your name is marked on the hands of Christ and nothing will ever take that away.
I don’t know about you, but I am the type of girl that if I need to remember something, I write a small note on the inside of my hand. Throughout the day, I find myself looking at the notes which are on my palms to be reminded of what I need to do. For some reason, paper and a pen are not enough.
This reminds me of the promise that God has given to us.
“Behold, I have graven you upon the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:16.
God has engraved my name and yours in the palm of His hands. Zion was saying to God how He has forgotten about them, and God made a very good point by saying: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you” (Isaiah 49:15). He is constantly thinking about you because You are on the palms of His hand. He’s saying, “People may forget about you, but I never will.”
The word graven comes from the Hebrew word chaqaq. It means to “cut in.” Literally. The notes I have written on my hand will become washed off and within a few days, I will forget about the notes I wrote just days before. But my name and your name will never,ever be washed off of the palms of God. Because it’s cut in, it’s carved in. It’s not written with pen. Your name is marked on the hands of Christ and nothing will ever take that away.