Inner Peace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
This is definitely the truth when it comes to inner peace:

~ If you can start the day without caffeine.

~ If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains.

~ If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles.

~ If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it.

~ If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time.

~ If you can take criticism and blame without resentment.

~ If you can conquer tension without medical help.

~ If you can relax without alcohol.

~ If you can sleep without the aid of drugs.

Then You Are Probably…

The Family Dog!

And you thought I was going to get all spiritual.

https://www.thelaughline.com/inner-peace/

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Each point, though, still applies. This is a good list to live by . . . to aim for.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019

~ If you can start the day without caffeine.

~ If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains.

~ If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles.

~ If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time.

~ If you can take criticism and blame without resentment.

~ If you can conquer tension without medical help.

~ If you can relax without alcohol.

~ If you can sleep without the aid of drugs.

Then You Are Probably…

The Family Dog!

And you thought I was going to get all spiritual.

https://www.thelaughline.com/inner-peace/

or the family cat..........

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dunno... I know some people who fit everything on that list except the part about coffee.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "living a dog's life."

And my dog misses that list by one. He is NEVER understanding when I'm too busy to give him attention. :p

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Ever seen a cat that could live up to that one? :unsure:
Nope, if I was reading something and the cat wanted attention she would purposely lie on the book or paper so you couldn't read it anymore or she would tear holes in it with her claws or teeth lol. She was certainly not understanding if she did not get her attention.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ever seen a cat that could live up to that one? :unsure:
My sweet little Nancia could. Man, I still miss that cat.

Maxwell, a very large black-and-grey striped tabby cat, could live up to that. He was the only cat my father ever liked, because he was very undemanding. He didn't have to have your attention. It was enough for him to be in the same room. He would often wander into my father's leather shop and lie in the corner, just hanging out with dad.

Spike, a black cat, took relaxation to an art form. He was the only cat I ever knew who would lie on the dash of a car when the car was in the automatic car wash and just watch the water go back and forth. Every other cat totally freaked out. Spike was very undemanding... maybe because he was too lazy to be demanding.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Actually... looking over that list in the OP, all three of those cats hit every one of those points.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Spike was very undemanding... maybe because he was too lazy to be demanding.
I take that back. He was not lazy. He was always hunting mice and lizards in the wilds of the back yard. That's probably how he stayed so thin.

He just never got uptight over anything.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Odie is the unsung hero of our times.

Garfield always drank coffee which is weird as cats dont really drink coffee.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
He who lives by the bump, dies by the bump. Or something like that.

Gary are you missing GOP? You remember him, right? The guy who used to preach at us in Singles forum and kept bumping his threads all over the place. You feeling nostalgic for good ole GOP?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
No, I was just hoping a few more people might get some amusement from it before it lays itself down and gives up the ghost - and gets filed away among the dead... :rolleyes:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

~ If you can start the day without caffeine. I can have inner peace with or without drinking coffee. Coffee does not dispell inner peace

~ If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains. I can praise God even acknowledging my aches and pains

~ If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles. Scripture says we are to share our troubles with our Congregation

~ If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time. Sorry, guess the best response is: I am so very glad that as busy as He was, Jesus still took the time to be with me

~ If you can take criticism and blame without resentment. Yes and no. Depends on the one judging.........

~ If you can conquer tension without medical help. Yes and no. God gave the "gift of healing" so those that assist us medically, are fulfilling their Spiritual gift.

~ If you can relax without alcohol. OR illegal drugs

~ If you can sleep without the aid of drugs. See the "gifts of healing response

It's cute that this is refering to a dog on one level, yet, I would suggest that any dog owner knows that one or more of these do not always hold true for dogs......

"inner peace" comes from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit"