Inner Voice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Have you ever had a thought but it didn’t feel like your own thought but that God was speaking to your heart? Does God often speak in one’s thoughts?

yes I get it fairly often

He speaks to me that w ay, sometimes through His word or other people too.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
I would say tstumf has the better reply. the other, is not good advice and won't help

have you ever heard how the best way to catch counterfeit money is by knowing how the real thing feels?

pretty much the same actually. since we are warned multiple times in scripture to be aware of deception, we should take that seriously.

1 Beloved, do not trust every spirit but test the spirits to see whether they belong to God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can know the Spirit of God: every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ come in the flesh belongs to God, 3 and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus[b] does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the antichrist that, as you heard, is to come, but in fact is already in the world. 4 You belong to God, children, and you have conquered them, for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They belong to the world; accordingly, their teaching belongs to the world, and the world listens to them. I John 4

obviously that applies to our experience in the world as well as dreams or thoughts or other 'sensations'. There are huge churches that have listened to demonic teaching spirits and they practice things that are not of God and believe things that are not in scripture and often enough, they will put the Bible in 2nd place to whatever it is they think they are receiving information or revelation from

people have a dream...they are a Christian...automatically they assume it must be from God. even if it is, you put dreams BEHIND scripture and not before scripture.

you test the spirits by putting on the belt of truth...part of the armor of Ephesians. (6:14) In other words, gird yourselves or keep yourself together, with what is true so as to identify the lie, a lie, false spirit and even a false human that is not led by the Spirit of God

I Corinthians 12:10 ... there is even a spiritual gift of discerning of spirits.

here's an easy to understand article about it (with scripture)
This is brilliant and what I needed to see to help me grow as a young Christian

Thanks so much

Dean62

Sep 10, 2021
As a new Christian I was praying for guidance. Asking what I should do next.
I heard "Is Jesus Christ your savior?"
My response was "Yes."
I heard "Then why are you trying to save yourself?"