Inspiring Quotes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

~Deut

Psalm 12
8 The wicked strut about on every side, when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.

You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

Don’t give up! I believe in you all. A person’s a person, no matter how small.

To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.

People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.

Can you tell I like Dr.Seuss?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.

You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

Don’t give up! I believe in you all. A person’s a person, no matter how small.

To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.

People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.

Can you tell I like Dr.Seuss?
Was just going to say that I recognize some of them as Dr. Seuss🙂.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

~Deut

Ephesians 4
29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Discipline
Why is discipline important? Discipline teaches us to operate by principle rather than desire. Saying no to our impulses (even the ones that are not inherently sinful) puts us in control of our appetites rather than vice versa. It deposes our lust and permits truth, virtue, and integrity to rule our minds instead.
~Dr. John MacArthur

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Second to the Bible, Spurgeon has kept me going. The latest in my library: "Christ's Gloriest Achievements" - the newest gold I've found from digging.
What I've found so far.."On 2 Cor 5:17
The man does not feel at home in this present evil world, for this is the old creation, and the new man, the twice-born man, feels as if he were out of his element and not in a congenial country.
The world itself, it is not our rest, for it is polluted. It seems a dreadful thing for the living Spirit to be dwelling in this graveyard of a world, but there is a necessity for us to be here."

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
Ambrose Redmoon

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
From a book I finished sometime ago by Arthur W. Pink..
"
Nothing would satisfy the heart of Christ but that His redeemed should live with Him in heaven, to behold Him in His glory, and to be perfected in happiness by seeing Him as He is. The wonders contained in Christ’s love can never be fully explored. All that is contained in His love will never be comprehended by the saints this side of glory.
"

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Nothing would satisfy the heart of Christ but that His redeemed should live with Him in heaven, to behold Him in His glory, and to be perfected in happiness by seeing Him as He is. The wonders contained in Christ’s love can never be fully explored. All that is contained in His love will never be comprehended by the saints this side of glory."
Hello Isaiah263, I'm glad that we have an eternity with Him to look into such things, because I think that we may need every bit of it (and then some) to fully comprehend the many wonders of God, and perhaps most of all, the wonders of His amazing love :)

Great quote!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

God bless you!

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
‘You are loved with an everlasting love,’ that’s what the Bible says, ‘and underneath are the everlasting arms.’
~Missionary/author Elisabeth Elliot

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
..."Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night." ~Charles H. Spurgeon

~Deut
p.s. - as His child, there was never a time in eternity past when God did not love you, nor will there ever be such a time, now or forevermore :)

"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."
Jeremiah 31:3
[/indent]

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Hello Isaiah263, I'm glad that we have an eternity with Him to look into such things, because I think that we may need every bit of it (and then some) to fully comprehend the many wonders of God, and perhaps most of all, the wonders of His amazing love :)

Great quote!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

God bless you!

~Deut
Amen. My pleasure, brother. That was taken from his exposition of Ephesians 3:18-19. He details all Jesus went through to redeem HIs own. It's a much longer quote. I might start a new thread. As Jonathan Edwards resolved (#25) to fight any inclination of doubt of God's love. I need to preach it to myself when I drift from remembering the fact.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
..."Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night." ~Charles H. Spurgeon

~Deut
p.s. - as His child, there was never a time in eternity past when God did not love you, nor will there ever be such a time, now or forevermore :)

"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."
Jeremiah 31:3
[/indent]
Very great quote, thank you for sharing it.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Well said of any if us that ever let's the least creep into our mind. Need to combat it with the truth of Almighty God Love.
Amen. My pleasure, brother. That was taken from his exposition of Ephesians 3:18-19. He details all Jesus went through to redeem HIs own. It's a much longer quote. I might start a new thread. As Jonathan Edwards resolved (#25) to fight any inclination of doubt of God's love. I need to preach it to myself when I drift from remembering the fact.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
I am a"teenager" in the Faith (took me until recently to "get it") and while people are well meaning when they say "God loves you and has a great plan for your life." It's the meditation of all Jesus did to purchase His bride, a love gift from The Father to The Son.
You then move from "Phileo" love to "Agape" love (John 21:15-17) and you're standing (or kneeling) in sacred territory.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
I've noticed Spurgeon likes to cite "He leads captivity captive." a lot. Which is so cool.

God takes his enemies weapons and uses them to destroy themselves. :D

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
This is a simple, but has the ability to be a powerful and inspiring Thread. I will start and may it help lift us all up, inspire us to keep reaching forward and upward! Enjoy!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
That is an excellent reminder to not live our lives for the approval of a faceless world. We must not be afraid to own our failures as well as our successes. Trying is the real victory.