Intensely Into His Presence by Byron Gene Mace [draft 7 March 23, 2015]
Intensely Into His Presence
Knowing, not that I can know, but He knows me, and
He comes to me in glory;
Strongly and more clearly
He reveals Himself to me,
His wonders revealed to me.
I come to know
His power overflowing
as I grow in Him, into Him,
and He rises over and shows me
the glowing of His shadow
over shadowing, and in my weaknesses,
empowering and transforming me
into His image,
my identity of whom I should be,
even when I am dead I live
into Him eternally.
[based on Philippians 3:10-11 Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
11 That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
Footnotes:
Philippians 3:10 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
Philippians 3:11 Charles B. Williams, The New Testament: A Translation in the Language of the People: A spiritual, moral resurrection—not the final, physical one, which will be the climax.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation See also James 1.17 and Psalm 91.1.]
Intensely Into His Presence
Knowing, not that I can know, but He knows me, and
He comes to me in glory;
Strongly and more clearly
He reveals Himself to me,
His wonders revealed to me.
I come to know
His power overflowing
as I grow in Him, into Him,
and He rises over and shows me
the glowing of His shadow
over shadowing, and in my weaknesses,
empowering and transforming me
into His image,
my identity of whom I should be,
even when I am dead I live
into Him eternally.
[based on Philippians 3:10-11 Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
11 That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
Footnotes:
Philippians 3:10 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
Philippians 3:11 Charles B. Williams, The New Testament: A Translation in the Language of the People: A spiritual, moral resurrection—not the final, physical one, which will be the climax.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation See also James 1.17 and Psalm 91.1.]