Interest in Natural Health Forum?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I have setting "last Message" but I am only seeing posts from 2013. Is there more?
Our household is very interested in natural health, my husband studies how to helpus, is 82 on no medication, people think he is early 70s, just herbal teas etc and over-the-counter medication such as vitamin C etc. and I only take a minimum dose thyroid pill.

Feb 21, 2020
I have setting "last Message" but I am only seeing posts from 2013. Is there more?
Our household is very interested in natural health, my husband studies how to helpus, is 82 on no medication, people think he is early 70s, just herbal teas etc and over-the-counter medication such as vitamin C etc. and I only take a minimum dose thyroid pill.
Hi Jandante! I'm interested in health as it's the way to go to keep healthy and enjoy life. I to am 82 years old and I try to live a healthy lifestyle. Diet is so important as what we put into our bodies, we are. I believe in a plant based diet and exercise is also very important. I find going to the indoor pool a wonderful way to exercise as it is gentle on the joints. Swimming, water walking, water exercises are great and then taking a sauna or hot tub to finish off. I prefer the sauna. Fellowship with others and trust in God is part of keeping healthy. Glad to hear that you and your husband and doing well. Keep it up! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Jandante! I'm interested in health as it's the way to go to keep healthy and enjoy life. I to am 82 years old and I try to live a healthy lifestyle. Diet is so important as what we put into our bodies, we are. I believe in a plant based diet and exercise is also very important. I find going to the indoor pool a wonderful way to exercise as it is gentle on the joints. Swimming, water walking, water exercises are great and then taking a sauna or hot tub to finish off. I prefer the sauna. Fellowship with others and trust in God is part of keeping healthy. Glad to hear that you and your husband and doing well. Keep it up! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for your story and that you are doing so well.
Love and Blessings
Jan

Feb 21, 2020
Haven't seen much action on this topic of health. It's interesting because everyone one is too busy to think seriously about their health. We must want to live the healthy lifestyle to do it. Let's keep at it those of us who know it's value. God gave us the ideal diet right in the beginning. Let's pay attention to it like Daniel did and be wise and purposeful in our daily lives. We need the strength given by God to do it. God will not let us down.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
One of the reasons I joined was because of the Natural Health area, praying we can get it going!

Feb 21, 2020
Just checking to see who is interested. Good morning Wayne_Gearing! Just finished my stretch exercises and ready to get on with my day. Looking forward to a healthy breakfast. Wishing you a great healthy day!

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
2:45pm here, having a salmon salad lunch

Feb 21, 2020
Glad you are there and having a healthy lunch. I had a green smoothy and off to the pool for swimming. Will have a healthy meal when I get home. Hope there are others out there who will join in and can get into more discussions of what we do that we think is healthy.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
I hope you had a rather joyful and relaxing evening?

We are going into winter and the water is too cold for us to swim unfortunately

Feb 21, 2020
Greetings Wayne_Gearing! I go into a heated pool so the weather doesn't bother me. You must live in the southern hemisphere going into winter. I was born in South Africa so I know what it is like. We used to go swimming in the ocean in the mornings before school, then have a cold shower when we got home. Those were to good old days. Went to chair yoga this morning and it was great. With the coronavirus we have to keep healthy as it seems to be spreading. Praying that they will get it under control soon. Keep well!

Feb 21, 2020
Coronavirus is touching all of our lives. We have to keep living the healthy diet and exercise. The pools and gyms are all closed because of the virus. I got out my Nordic poles and walking on the waterfront of the Detroit River where I live. Good thing that it's getting a bit warmer. Have to get some fresh air and sunshine. Praying that they get this coronavirus under control. It's going to go on for a few months and we have to isolate ourselves. It's not easy to live like this but with God's help we will get through it. Had a walk in the sunshine and it made quite a difference. Keep living the healthy life and God will bless.

Jun 10, 2019
guduchi turmeric and holy basil are ancient immune boosters helps to prevent infections caps or make a tea.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
tea and soup or bone broth is very good for you.

And daily washing. People dont seem to value fresh clean water but its vital. To activate water you need to shake it or keep it flowing. Am really sad at the poor state of many of our rivers thanks to bad farming practices and industry.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
Public pools and beaches have been closed but I still choose to walk to work or sit outside as much as possible

Jun 10, 2019
Something I have not seen talking about corona virus on the news etc. is the importants of maintaining a peak immune system. even people who have diseases that effect the immune system can benefit from foods that help build the immune system along with herbs that can boost the immune. times like these is the reason God created the human body to have a immune system and it’s importants. we can start today in building the immune system. I’ve been taking a few extra herbs to help keep a optimum immune.

There are many things in the environment that breaks down the immune system, though many things can boost the immune system.

Feb 21, 2020
How are you managing with the isolation that is necessary? I'm going for walks to get fresh and and exercise. Here where I live on the waterfront there are lots of boats going out and people fishing. There are maintaining the 2 meter distance. I'm keeping busy with projects and exercising at home. I get into my church activities with Zoom. I have a phoning list to keep in touch with our seniors. It's a new way of life and takes getting used to. We have keep our healthy diet and lifestyle. I find the plant based diet the best and enjoy it. Hope that you are all keeping well.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
make sure you get your vitamin D. Sit in the sunshine outside is the best way.

Feb 21, 2020
Looking forward to more sunny days. When it's out it makes a big difference. I do enjoy the Vit. D. Hope that you do too.

Mar 27, 2020
How are you managing with the isolation that is necessary? I'm going for walks to get fresh and and exercise. Here where I live on the waterfront there are lots of boats going out and people fishing. There are maintaining the 2 meter distance. I'm keeping busy with projects and exercising at home. I get into my church activities with Zoom. I have a phoning list to keep in touch with our seniors. It's a new way of life and takes getting used to. We have keep our healthy diet and lifestyle. I find the plant based diet the best and enjoy it. Hope that you are all keeping well.
I tried staying away from meat, although I still had eggs and milk, but my brain started to feel funny. Turns out I needed protein, so I went back to meat. Do you have any funny feelings in your brain?