INTERESTING TO PONDER

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The Environmental Protection Agency is oft considered a Liberal creation.

Y'all know who established it?

President Richard Nixon!

:)

Hillary and Obama are oft credited for coming up with National Health Care Bills........ah, but, wait, during his Presidency, President Nixon sent a Bill to Congress to establish a National Health Care System. He wanted to guarantee that all Citizens had the opportunity to have Health Care, and, if they were too poor to buy it, it was to be FREE!

Yup! Tis true.

You know who KILLED the Bill when it got to Congress?

Senator Ted (da drunk) Kennedy.

Sometimes, it is good to look back and see what History can teach us.

chair.gif

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I always thought of Nixon as a leftist..... so what's the point?

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

President Richard Nixon!

Hillary and Obama are oft credited for coming up with National Health Care Bills........ah, but, wait, during his Presidency, President Nixon sent a Bill to Congress to establish a National Health Care System. He wanted to guarantee that all Citizens had the opportunity to have Health Care, and, if they were too poor to buy it, it was to be FREE!

Yup! Tis true.

View attachment 177293
Oh, for the good old days- when people could be Republican AND concerned about the environment and health care. What happened? When did business start owning the Republican party?

I’m not exactly a tree hugger- but global climate change is real, just look at the glaciers melting away to nothingness. Why can’t I be Republican and against the pipeline? Or Republican and for medicaid?

D

dalconn

Democrat = new world order globalist

Republican = new world order globalist

what's the point or the difference?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Oh, for the good old days- when people could be Republican AND concerned about the environment and health care. What happened? When did business start owning the Republican party?

I’m not exactly a tree hugger- but global climate change is real, just look at the glaciers melting away to nothingness. Why can’t I be Republican and against the pipeline? Or Republican and for medicaid?
You can be a Republican.

I voted against Republican John Warner because of his leftist ideology.

What original poster may find unusual about Nixon, doesn't realize the Republican party didn't make a conservative right-wing ideology the center of the party until Reagan. It took the era of Obama to turn the democrat party into a communist wasteland.

Feb 7, 2015
My biggest objection to Democrats is that they don't seem to realize that just as you will lose your house if you don't work to earn money and make the payments, sticking to a realistic budget, likewise, we will soon lose the country by thinking we can steal from others to pay for all the "freebees" they want to hand out to deadbeats.

I would be proud to see a Democrat step up and offer 39% of their paycheck to pay for give-away programs........ but, they don't want to pay for a thing, just steal it from others who have earned it.

The idea of a Flat Tax horrifies Democrats. That means they would see THEIR money going out to the people they want others to support.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Um yeah.. I think you are a Democrat. Either that, or you have bought hook line and sinker some dumb positions.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

President Richard Nixon!

Yup! Tis true.

View attachment 177293

P_rehbein,
Merry Christmas to you...
now I have to get back to arguing, lol.

You never actually stated your point, so there seem to be 3 possible points we can extrapolate from your post... all of which seem pointless.

3 Possible Pointless Points:

1. Republicans on this site need to recognize corruption and hypocrisy exist within the Republican party.

This is a pointless point:
Christians, the people on this site, are ALREADY FULLY AWARE that corruption and hypocrisy exist in the Republican party.

Christians know ALL MEN ARE SINNERS... no shock here.

2. Republicans are WORSE in corruption than the Democrats, therefore they should... something something... maybe change parties or something.

This is pointless point:
Showing "some" corruption exists does NOT equate to showing either a "measurable degree" of corruption, or how this "unmeasured degree" of corruption might compare to someone else's "unmeasured degree" of corruption.

It's kind of like saying, "your dog poops, and poop is bad, therefore my dog is better"...
it's just a non sequitur.

3. Republicans are EQUAL in corruption to the Democrats, so they should... something something... maybe change their attitude or something?

This is pointless point:
Showing "some" corruption does NOT equate to showing either a "measurable degree" of corruption, or how this "unmeasured degree" of corruption might compare to someone else's "unmeasured degree" of corruption.

Finding a flaw in one thing has no magical power to make it equal to some other thing...
this is another non sequitur.

Final Thoughts:

1. Although these points seem logically unnecessary, p_rehbein certainly has every right to voice his opinions or frustrations.

2. My goal was not to pick on p_rehbein, but rather to suggest we all think about what we say and read... we need to separate opinions and frustrations from logically valid arguments.

3. To be fair to p_rehbein, I consider him a valued member of the community here, and I also dislike the corruption of the Republican party... and I'm pretty confident that most politicians, across the spectrum, are going to that "warm toasty place" when they die.

: )

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The point was to point out a couple of interesting facts for consideration.

Especially as the liberals have long claimed these two listed as their bread and butter issues during the Election Cycles. I find it interesting that much of what the liberals come up with is nothing more than a reworded Republican Plan/idea. Clinton made this into an art form when he pretty much adopted everything Newt and the Repups wanted in their Contract with America. Clinton changed a word here and there, went before the public and announced it all as his plan/idea.

Newt and the Repubs didn't mind much as they were getting exactly what they promised to America.......... still, they needed to be far more forceful in educating the public about what Clinton was doing.

I find it worthy of a spot in Readers Digest Jokes section that Ted Kennedy was the FIRST Senator ti kill a National Health Care Bill.

I don't know where this other stuff is coming from.......me being whatever.......goodness, how can folks read so much into a simple statement about Historical information.

Did y'all know that concerning Foreign Policy, Nixon opened up China to a position were Normalization could begin between us and them? He worked with Russia and got the S.A.L.T. Treaty enacted. Now, Russia pretty much stomped all over that Treaty during the Obama years, but it was an accomplishment for Nixon. He also played a large role in saving Israel from being defeated by Egypt in the 1973 war. Russia had given Egypt jets and Egypt was dominating the war in the skies and pretty close to beating Israel. Against the advice and objections of his Sect. of Defense and members of his Cabinet, Nixon ordered that "Jamming Devices" be pulled from the NATO Stockpiles and directly shipped to Israel. In the end, his support of Israel and old Goldie was the turning point in that war. He ALSO talked Goldie down from using Israel's Nukes against Egypt.

He brokered the Treaty between Israel and Egypt, and that Treaty STILL exists today.

Nixon was also responsible for ending the Vietnam war and bringing home the Troops. Now, as a young soldier back then, I wasn't too fond of him and the way he did it.......but, older and wiser now, in retrospect, given the situation at home and in Vietnam, I can see he didn't have much other choice. I would rather he had ordered us to NUKE THEM INTO KINGDOM COME, but Congress would never have gone along with that, AND, it MIGHT have been a wee bit of an overreaction..... :)

On the Homefront, aside from the two I mentioned, Nixon also oversaw the completion of Integration of the Public Schools. The last one integrated on his watch. He had other accomplishments (minor), and he did pretty much ALL of this while fighting a Democrat Congress, and Ted Kennedy, who hated his guts.

Now, yes, there is Watergate. But people today don't know the truth about that either. Lots of people think Nixon was involved in and responsible for the breakin. In fact, the Investigation revealed that not only did Nixon not order the breakin, he didn't even know about it until afterwards. His huge mistake was when those guys came to him asking him to help them out, he tried to assist in the cover up. For whatever reason. Had he just said no to them and let the chips fall where they may, Nixon would hold a far different place as President in our History.

It is just interesting stuff..........no agenda, no axe to grind, no point, just interesting stuff.

anyway.............

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Ok, so Nixon was the greatest of Presidents.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Didn't say that..........personally, I LIKE IKE.......... :)

But he was never credited for his accomplishments because of the dumb decision he made to help out his friends.

haters_gonna_hate_elephant-14272.jpg

Feb 28, 2016
hopefully, not 'HATERS' little one, but just 'dis-a-greers'. or maybe just
not understanderers!!!
'HATERS' is such a depressing word to apply to those who don't comprehend
the same way as we do...it hurts one's heart to hear someone say this very much...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I understand, but given the History of this particular Forum (which you both are aware of), it is a bit difficult to be optimistic about Respectful Discussions occuring.

And, in reading the first several comments on this Thread, one can begin to lose hope as well.........

or

:(

anyway

Sep 14, 2017
I only thought there was only one difference between Nixon & the others: He got caught.

He was better than Obama. Come to think of it, all of them were.:p

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I understand, but given the History of this particular Forum (which you both are aware of), it is a bit difficult to be optimistic about Respectful Discussions occuring.

And, in reading the first several comments on this Thread, one can begin to lose hope as well.........

or

:(

anyway
Hope springs eternal.

God is good. God is always good.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

Don't worry about it. Isaiah says that the earth will wear out like a garment.

Feb 28, 2016
men will be men, and no offence should be taken by them or their actions, after all, they have their
own individual destinies to fulfill, and have to answer to their Saviour..,
for those who read and have read the Bible, History just keeps 'repeating' itself...

our concerns are with the now', 'the-end-times', our people now and what we can do to help and succor them...
relate what Jesus has brought/taught us through...it's a Christian's job as a servant, soldier of our
Lord and Master, whether accepted or not...

Last edited:

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
"If you place political Party loyalty over ideological consistency, you’re part of the problem. Same goes for those who condemn wrongdoing from those you disagree with, but defend the same wrongdoing from those you agree with." - Jedediah Bila