Interpretation of the Pearl of Great Price; Matthew 13:45-46

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Reminds me of a post...

[repeating]

--"And AFTER the 62 Weeks [69 Wks total], shall Messiah BE CUT OFF and HAVE NOTHING" [see the "CUT OFF" wording in: (see below) ]

[quoting old post]

"For I was like a gentle lamb led to slaughter; I did not know that they had plotted against me: “Let us destroy the tree with its fruit; let us cut him off [H3772] from the land of the living, that his name will be remembered no more.” " -- Jeremiah 11:19

https://biblehub.com/text/jeremiah/11-19.htm

[similar to the wording in Isaiah 53:7 which most see as corresponding with Matthew 26:61-63, 27:12-16; Mark 14:57-61, 15:3-4; Luke 23:8-11; John 19:9-10, Jesus' arrest / @ His trials that very week following the conclusion of the 69 Weeks total (Palm Sunday)... See also Zech14:2 there used with a negative, "not be cut off [from the city]"]

[notes: I know that Jer11:19 likely refers to Jeremiah the prophet, but I think is also a prophecy concerning Jesus; just like Psalm 72 ("the king chapter") pertains to both Solomon and Jesus; and it's commonly believed that in such contexts ^ , the phrase "the city" pertains to "Jerusalem" and the phrase "the land" (like in Jer11:19 above) pertains specifically to "Israel"; and this would correspond to the phrase in Dan9:26a "shall be cut off [/'but not for himself'; or, 'and have nothing' as some translations have it]"... this makes sense in view of both the prophecy of Dan9:24 which is concerning "DETERMINED UPON thy [Daniel's] people, AND UPON thy [Daniel's] HOLY CITY" and of His "be cut off," in view of these other passages (relating, as I see it)]

Acts 8:31-35 -

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. [<--perhaps TWO parts here in this verse; Part A and Part B, if you will]

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

[again, see also Matthew 26:61-63, 27:12-16; Mark 14:57-61, 15:3-4; Luke 23:8-11; John 19:9-10 (re: Jesus' arrest / @ His trials)]

Notice the phrase "the land of the living" in Jer11:19 ( in that post above ^ )... Which phrase is found 7x in Ezekiel (notice the CONTEXT of the first one) -

Ezekiel 26:20 -
"When I shall bring thee down with them that descend into the pit, with the people of old time, and shall set thee in the low parts of the earth, in places desolate of old, with them that go down to the pit, that thou be not inhabited; and I shall set glory in the land of the living;"

[see context from vv.2-3 - "2 Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste: 3 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up."]

Ezekiel 32:23 -
"Whose graves are set in the sides of the pit, and her company is round about her grave: all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which caused terror in the land of the living."

Ezekiel 32:24 -
"There is Elam and all her multitude round about her grave, all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which are gone down uncircumcised into the nether parts of the earth, which caused their terror in the land of the living; yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit."

Ezekiel 32:25 -
"They have set her a bed in the midst of the slain with all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword: though their terror was caused in the land of the living, yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit: he is put in the midst of them that be slain."

Ezekiel 32:26 -
"There is Meshech, Tubal, and all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword, though they caused their terror in the land of the living."

Ezekiel 32:27 -
"And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living."

Ezekiel 32:32 -
"For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord God."

[end quoting old post]

Mar 4, 2020
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price , went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

What do you think is the interpretation of this parable? Is it that God is the merchant man and we are the pearl and God gave his Son to purchase our redemption, or is it we are the merchant man and when we recognize the value of the Kingdom of God (Jesus and all that he did for us and offers us) that we will depart from everything that we use to hold dear to gain Christ which is far better than anything this world has to offer?

Most commentaries give the last interpretation but I have heard both presented. What do you think Jesus intended his disciples (and us) to understand?
It sounds like to me the merchant is just a person who found the pearl of great price and wants it. It is like the kingdom of heaven due to it being valuable and highly sought after and more valuable than any passing material fancy.

We do need some materials in this world, food, clothing, and shelter at minimum so I don't think it means we need to sell everything we have in order to purchase salvation. So that can't be it.

The pearl of great price is an immaterial thing. I think it means forget everything you know, everything you think you know, and seek the kingdom of heaven. If this is the proper rendering of the parable, then it's consistent with salvation being a gift received through faith in Christ.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
It sounds like to me the merchant is just a person who found the pearl of great price and wants it. It is like the kingdom of heaven due to it being valuable and highly sought after and more valuable than any passing material fancy.
How would you say we are to go about "buying that field" (to be CONSISTENT in interpreting this entire passage)? Just wondering. = )

[v.44... where the "treasure" and "that field" are distinct items ("and buyeth THAT FIELD")]

Jun 11, 2020
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price , went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

What do you think is the interpretation of this parable? Is it that God is the merchant man and we are the pearl and God gave his Son to purchase our redemption, or is it we are the merchant man and when we recognize the value of the Kingdom of God (Jesus and all that he did for us and offers us) that we will depart from everything that we use to hold dear to gain Christ which is far better than anything this world has to offer?

Most commentaries give the last interpretation but I have heard both presented. What do you think Jesus intended his disciples (and us) to understand?
I judge that the Parable of the Pearl in Matthew 13 is the most difficult in the whole Bible. The reason I say this is that in 2nd Peter.1:20 we are told that no prophecy can be interpreted privately. That is, the thoughts of men are excluded. This leaves only the Bible to explain the Bible. And just here is the difficulty with the Pearl of great price. There is almost nothing written about it IN PARABLE to explain it. But what we have, let us examine.

Our first encounter with a pearl is in the Garden of Eden. Bdellium is a pearl from the sap of a tree. That is - a pearl from the plant life. Because sin came in and the shedding of blood is necessary, anything from the plant life is inadmissible when it comes to fallen man. So Bdellium is not found again. The other mentions of pearls is IN PARABLE are in, Matthew 7:6, Revelation 17:4, 18:16 and 21:21. Literal pearls are mentioned in 1st Timothy 2:9 and Revelation 18:12, so for the time being we can ignore them.

Perhaps our best indication is the last one - Revelation 21:21 where Israel are designated as Pearls. If we get this right, it should harmonize with the rest. Now, what made Israel different from the nations? Only one thing. They received the Oracles of God and these were to establish their RIGHTEOUSNESS. I know that they failed, but in New Jerusalem Israel will have the New Covenant and will keep it (Jer.31:31-38). Thus, the ONE thing that connects scripture to the pearl IN PARABLE is righteousness established by one's OWN EFFORT. This meaning might be correct or not, but if it is righteousness, fits all the verses where a Pearl is IN PARABLE. We should not broadcast our acts of righteousness to people who will not recognize them (Matt.7:6). In Mystery Babylon there are Christians and Jews who have dabbled in it (Rev.17:4). And in Babylon the Great God calls His people to come out. That means that the righteous are in it and "adorn" it (Rev.18:4, 16).

Now, we must define the kingdom that our Lord Jesus spoke of. A kingdom is a sphere where a certain king resides and rules. While Jesus was on earth, He did not rule the world. But He ruled the "principalities and powers" that energized the evil Gentiles. Luke 11:20 says; "But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you." That is, the King was present and the powers were subject to Him. But then our Lord left earth and gave His Spirit. So the only sphere of rule on earth where Christ is King is the Church. This is confirmed by both Colossians 1:13 and Revelation 1:9 together with Matthew 16:19. But Daniel and Revelation predict a day when Jesus will return and defeat the armies of the Beats militarily and set up His Kingdom on Earth where the heavenly will of the Father will be carried out. This is called The Kingdom (out OF) Heaven. It is heavenly in nature and rules, but is set up on earth. And the most interesting thing is that EVERY SINGLE verse that states how a man ENTERS, or INHERITS the Kingdom, says that it is by WORKS (e.g. 1st Cor.6:9-10, Gal.5:21, Eph.5:5 etc. etc.). Matthew 5:20 makes it clear whose righteousness is needed for the Kingdom of Heaven. "For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

With this established we turn to our text in Matthew 13:45-46

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

The Parable then does NOT address SALVATION. It addresses who will be found having a righteousness that is greater than the Pharisees. John 3:3-5 sets forthe the QUALIFICATION to be an HEIR - rebirth, but to INHERIT the Kingdom that Christ sets up on earth, one must be found RIGHTEOUS. This righteousness is NOT the righteousness imputed by God. That is established by Christ and is imputed to us for our walk and audience with God. This righteousness for the kingdom is "YOUR righteousness".

Now the "goodly pearls" must be the same substance as the Pearl of Great Price. Both are pearls. "The Kingdom of Heaven IS LIKE ...", therefore the "Merchant Man" must be somebody who would like to INHERIT the Kingdom and seeks righteousness. But the righteousness of the Law is not enough. Why? Because the Law contains things unworthy of the Kingdom. To enter the Kingdom you must "do the will of the Father" (Matt.7:21) and the Father requires a Christian to turn the other cheek. The Law requires "an eye for an eye and a life for a life", but the Father, in the gospel age, requires to love, forgive and excuse your enemies. The Law, if kept, like Jesus did, establishes a "goodly pearl" - sufficient righteousness to inherit Canaan. But to inherit the world (Rom.4:13) you need a righteousness higher than the Law. You need a righteousness LIKE the King.

Our Lord Jesus kept the Law in all points. This qualifies Him to inherit Canaan and David's Throne. But His Father asked things of Jesus OVER AND ABOVE the Law. He asked Jesus to VOLUNTARILY set aside His RIGHTS for the FATHER so that the Father could be reconciled to men. What was the price of keeping the Law? Hearty DISCIPLINE. But what was the price of keeping the Father's wishes? It was "ALL THAT HE HAD!" Our Lord Jesus lost His rights under Law, lost His right to be worshiped, lost His rights to the Covenants and paid with His LIFE, SOUL and REPUTATION! AND WHAT DOES OUR LORD JESUS ASK OF THE MAN WHO WOULD "FOLLOW HIM" INTO THE KINGDOM?

Our Lord Jesus requires that those who would follow Him on His road MUST GIVE ALL - even their lives if necessary. There are multipe scriptures in each gospel, but let us examine one - Matthew 16:24-28. It reads;

24 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

The context is (i) the REWARD (v.27), and this reward is (ii) the KINGDOM (v.28). Notice the word "SOME" in verse 28. Our Lord only took THREE of TWELVE into the Kingdom shown on the mount. Why? The answer is in the next Chapter. The other nine were overcome by a demon. They were inthe low ground without faith, and so could not "overcome" a demon. Their works, or lack of them disqualifed them from going up the mount.

Therefore, I propose that
  • the Merchant man is any man who wants to inherit the kingdom of Heaven
  • the "goodly pearls" is righteousness established by Law
  • the "pearl of great price" is a individual righteousness that cost a man his physical and soulish life
  • the Parable shows the PRICE that must be paid by any man who is born again if he wants to INHERIT the Kingdom of Heaven

S

Scribe

Actually it is Christ who is the merchant man, while the Church is the pearl of great price. He gave His all when He offered Himself as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. The Bible says that God the Son has purchased the Church with His own blood (Acts 20:28)

This interpreation is backed up by another Scripture: And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. (Malachi 3:17)
:unsure: hmmmm. Going to need coffee for this thread...:coffee:

Mar 4, 2020
How would you say we are to go about "buying that field" (to be CONSISTENT in interpreting this entire passage)? Just wondering. = )

[v.44... where the "treasure" and "that field" are distinct items ("and buyeth THAT FIELD")]
44. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Kinda sounds like he found the kingdom of heaven was found by a man, but something was in his way to claiming it. It was in a field, but in order to claim it he had to buy the field too.

So if the kingdom of heaven isn't literally buried in a field then why is it buried in a field? What does the field represent?

Honestly when it's worded that way it gets tougher. What do you think it means?

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017

To All, and @Nehemiah6 ,

I'll show you something that is probably a great mystery, and I'm guessing few realize. God truly sold ALL in the deal to purchase us. But he had a plan.

Not only did he have to allow his son to die to buy us back, he sold the earth and the heavens in the same deal. But just as Satan's killing of the son didn't work out the way Satan planned, neither will his obtaining of the earth and heavens.

Heres a bit of how that worked/works:

God tacked all the sins of man onto Jesus before Jesus died, so all the sins of man were paid for by his death. That was probably the only way death could have ability to pull Jesus (a sinless person) down into itself. So Jesus was brought down into death with the sins of man. Sin-Debt is now paid. But that wasn't the end of God's plan. Jesus death paid the bill for the sins. But what Satan probably didn't count on was Jesus letting go of those sins and leaving them in death as he resurrected back into life. I'm guessing Satan was quite surprised! LOL! Colossians 2:15

And Satan probably thought "Well, that's not great but at least I get to keep the earth and heavens". ... Well... sort of... LOL.

Satan does indeed get to keep the heavens, and the earth (and himself, and the fallen angels, and all the souls that don't truly learn how to get a hold of Jesus and let go of the world). He gets to keep them all until the day God burns them up in fervent heat.
2 Peter 3:10 &12

So God just gathers them all together in bundles to be burned. Thus allowing the new heavens and earth to be created (and remain) clean.

Thank you Jesus for your wisdom!

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

S

Scribe

44. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Kinda sounds like he found the kingdom of heaven was found by a man, but something was in his way to claiming it. It was in a field, but in order to claim it he had to buy the field too.

So if the kingdom of heaven isn't literally buried in a field then why is it buried in a field? What does the field represent?

Honestly when it's worded that way it gets tougher. What do you think it means?
These are good questions that in my opinion point out that parables are not allegories. And each detail such as the pearl and how pearls are formed in the ocean by oysters are not to be considered as part of the lesson. Most will agree with that but some will disagree.

So I do not think that the fact that it was a pearl is that important. It could have been a diamond, that would probably match our modern culture as to value we place on these things being greater for diamonds than pearls. At the time the Jesus spoke there was great value put on pearls and one can read about it in historical records. The idea of a merchant man traveling and looking for them was a concept that everyone was familiar with. Considering what hermeneutics teaches about how to interpret parables there is a lesson that is usually found toward the end and the details should not become the lesson.

Therefore I think both of these parables being together, the pearl of great price and the treasure in the field help us to interpret it as the willingness to give up everything for the cause of Christ as being the only way into the kingdom of heaven but also that if we have eyes to see, we should understand that this is not such a hard choice since it is worth more than all we hold dear anyway. I think I would be making too much of the "purchasing" or "buying" detail of the parable if I try to connect that to either earning our salvation, or the purchase of redemption by Jesus Christ.

I think the emphasis of both parables is on the value placed on the treasure, and the pearl that motivates one to choose it over all his other possessions.

A price is paid but it is nothing in comparison to what is gained.

I think Paul was talking about this same attitude when he said:

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Press on Toward the Goal

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Citizenship in Heaven

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Considering his immediate audience it is most likely that the intended meaning was that the Jew that seeks righteousness by following the prescribed method of the Pharisees should be able to count it all dung for the righteousness to be found in Jesus Christ.

But what about those who were not seeking righteousness like the pleasure seeking gentile heathen that I was? Those who do not want to give up this world's pleasures but want the pearl of great price also will not obtain it. Those who are not willing to let go of those things that are displeasing to God are not going to be able to have the treasure and keep their sins at the same time. They must make the treasure their chief goal. Seek first the kingdom of God. And of course we do that by seeking the face of the King of the Kingdom. Only when we believe that the King is better than anything this world offers and are willing to give it up to obtain Christ do we have the saving faith that makes us part of the Kingdom of God.

Now, what I also have to do is to have grace toward my brothers who see it the other way and preach it that way. When they are preaching about Jesus purchasing our redemption and how we were bought with a price, the precious blood of Christ in a sermon at church, if they are using this parable to teach it, I am not going to take it upon myself to correct them, but simply rejoice that Jesus is getting preached. I don't think it would be my place or edifying to "correct" the preacher. Not unless I was his mentor or something like that. Otherwise, Just let it go. The Lord is well able to bring him into a proper hermeneutic. It's just not a false teaching kind of issue.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

OP question: Interpretation of the Pearl of Great Price; Matthew 13:45-46

Interpretation's of these verses will vary. Adding mine:

The man in the story is Christ. He gave everything he had. And in doing so, he bought the field = all believers.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(NOTE: Christ purchased the field with the treasure, ALL believers)

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
(NOTE: Every living soul is worth more to Christ then ALL the riches this world has to offer).

CS1

May 23, 2012

the " Pearl of great Price" I have to ask, what made it so great of price? Well, if you know anything about pearl hunters back in the day, they had to hold there breath. On single breath they swam to depth of great danger. They could lose their very life just to get this pearl. Not many were willing to do this. Yet once the pearl was found and retrieved the cost for it was great. Because the risk was great.

Aug 14, 2019
This is a seeker of God who found FAITH in God and handed his entire self to God. In return God gave Himself to the believer. Christ belongs to the Christian and the Christian belongs to Christ. The wedding.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

salvation is not for sale.
you are bought with a price.

Q.E.D.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus Christ is God Almighty, He Seeks (Nothing)!
*ahem*

the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10.

no man seeks Him. Psalm 14:2, Psalm 53:2, Romans 3:11

He made Himself found by those who were not looking for Him. Isaiah 65:1, Romans 10:20.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus Christ is God Almighty, and didn't project himself as a "Merchant" or "Man"
*ahem*

great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh.

the God-man Christ Jesus, Son of Man, Son of God.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Stop bending and twisting my claim

Jesus Christ wasn't a "Merchant Man" seeking the Pearl of great price in the parable, Jesus Christ had no earthly possessions to sell and buy anything, he is God, simple!
your soul is not bought with earthly wealth, bro.
if it is, there is a problem. He paid for you with His blood - His very life. that is a great price.

but you think you have something you can "buy" salvation with?

jesus-cleanses-temple-hero.jpg

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the " Pearl of great Price" I have to ask, what made it so great of price? Well, if you know anything about pearl hunters back in the day, they had to hold there breath. On single breath they swam to depth of great danger. They could lose their very life just to get this pearl. Not many were willing to do this. Yet once the pearl was found and retrieved the cost for it was great. Because the risk was great.
so you're saying, a pearl is something "from below" that Someone "from above" descends to retrieve, then ascends again?

interesting ;)

CS1

May 23, 2012
so you're saying, a pearl is something "from below" that Someone "from above" descends to retrieve, then ascends again?

interesting ;)
If you are trying to misrepresent what I said you are a special kind of person. The application I used was very clear. Which you find funny? I provided the illustration of a pearl hunter.

"Yet once the pearl was found and retrieved the cost for it was great. Because the risk was great."

is there anything more costly than the precious blood of our Lord?

S

Scribe

If you are trying to misrepresent what I said you are a special kind of person. The application I used was very clear. Which you find funny? I provided the illustration of a pearl hunter.

"Yet once the pearl was found and retrieved the cost for it was great. Because the risk was great."

is there anything more costly than the precious blood of our Lord?
Even though it seemed so obvious to me what Jesus meant, that I was initially surprised that anyone could interpret differently than how I saw it, I have learned that there are many who interpret this verse opposite of how I do. For this reason I have learned to give much grace when hearing a preacher preach something using a verse that I think he has misinterpreted but preaching things that can be found in other verses. It seems that this is one that is not such a huge deal because the misinterpretation has other scriptures that support it.

Mar 28, 2016

I look at the pearl of great price as the priceless word God hid in the parables .

Pearl as to its color describes the word of God, Manna .Manna literally meaning .What is it? The bread of unfamiliarity that desires we taste and see the Lord is good. It is used to represent gates by which we enter into fellowship in Revelation 21:21. referred as the hidden mana in Revelation 2.

The manna had come about because of the grumbling of limited food. In that sense the holy Spirit turned into the kind of food the disciples knew not of. Food to draw a person to find the mysteries hid from natural man

S

Scribe

I look at the pearl of great price as the priceless word God hid in the parables .

Pearl as to its color describes the word of God, Manna .Manna literally meaning .What is it? The bread of unfamiliarity that desires we taste and see the Lord is good. It is used to represent gates by which we enter into fellowship in Revelation 21:21. referred as the hidden mana in Revelation 2.

The manna had come about because of the grumbling of limited food. In that sense the holy Spirit turned into the kind of food the disciples knew not of. Food to draw a person to find the mysteries hid from natural man
ehmmmm.... no.

However, you seem like you desire to know deep truths in the scriptures. Google "hermeneutics on how to interpret parables in the bible" I think you will be very blessed by the amount of revelation your receive after you learn the rules.