Inventions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2013
Where do you stand with inventions?

Lets look at the guy who invented the television. Did he invent this of his own accord? Or did god decide he should invent it?

I just need to know how you feel about that before I ask more questions :)

S

Sanashankar

I guess everything is of God..the law of physics is the law of the creator..same way everything is of God's.

Sep 14, 2013
OK. So is it fair to assume that it's possible, if god wanted to, the computer or the TV could've been invented 1000 years ago?

So does this suggest that god is sort of controlling the advancement of technology over time?

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
OK. So is it fair to assume that it's possible, if god wanted to, the computer or the TV could've been invented 1000 years ago?

So does this suggest that god is sort of controlling the advancement of technology over time?
This is just a free will debate re-hashed....

There are tons of threads about this, you could probably get more insight from one of them...

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
OK. So is it fair to assume that it's possible, if god wanted to, the comput er or the TV could've been invented 1000 years ago?

though most people will probaly give you a diffrent answer yes God does affect advancment of technology to an exctent though he dosent effect are will directly... an as far as the free will debate yes we have free will kinda after being created but one choice we dont get to make is if we want to ever be created or not.

Sep 14, 2013
Oh no I ain't going down the free will route. Just wondered what the general take on technology was in line with religion

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yahweh may have allowed these but He didnt intend them to be created, the are a fruit of man choosing his own way/satans way and rejecting the instructions of Yahweh.

Sep 14, 2013
Yahweh may have allowed these but He didnt intend them to be created, the are a fruit of man choosing his own way/satans way and rejecting the instructions of Yahweh.

Is god not in favour of technology?

EDIT: Sorry, helps if I took notice of your picture first

U

Ugly

I think it's more of God put laws and science in motion. Those things naturally restrict us as we progress as a race. We hit areas of discovery, opening up new avenues of technological advance. So rather than flooding us with technology from day one, we've had to research, explore and open new ideas to advance. And this keeps us at a pace that humanity can more easily adapt to and keep up with.
If God had given us computers soon as we had the ability to harness and use electricity, humanity would have trouble with accepting this idea. So we just make advances until it's discovered. And it slowly gets in the mind of the masses, while the big companies have the funds to utilize it. But until then, we just accept a concept.

R

reject-tech

I think everything man says, invents or uses carelessly - is used as a witness against him.
And that's it's all gonna go *poof* right after Jesus return, right before everyone's eyes.

Revelation 18

I

inthewind

Some time after the creation of Adam and Eve God created clothing to replace their fig leaf aprons. I am not knowledgeable in God's word when it comes to clothing but I would think some of Man's innovations on God's design were not God inspired. When Adam and Eve were sent out of the garden of Eden they were to till the ground. Did God plan for man to invent the tractor? Some of my distant relatives don't believe in using tractors and some would not consider using zippers. I don't see a problem with tractors or zippers however I don't see God's handiwork in either or in television.

[h=3]Genesis 11[/h]

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

[h=3]Acts 7[/h]

41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

M

Married_Richenbrachen

I actually don't know who invented the TV. But it wouldn't surprise me too much if he were employed by the CIA. In my mind, the television is one of the most powerful weapons ever created.

As for inspiration of inventions, I would have to say at the moment that I believe they can come from us, although we can be inspired by things placed into our hearts, and God ultimately permits them to come to fruition? I think either choice of a source for inspiration may lead to theological difficulties.

D

Desciple4life

Inventions... Technology, ect.

Interesting I found this post! I have been looking into this. reading and researching mainly because I recently visited chitchen itza. One of the 7 wonders of the world. It was crazy how much more advanced the myan civ. was. I have found some very interesting things along my journey into this topic.

Deuteronomy 27-5 - [FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Build there an altar to the LORD your God, an altar of stones. Do not use any iron tool on them. (NIV)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why do you think God didn't want us to use technology others were using at this time? It wasn't just for the symbolism of pure.[/FONT]

I think you should also be aware that a lot knowledge was given to man by satan and the fallen angels! Men that followed satan, not God!

All advance civilizations worshiped other Gods/ serpents.
They had certain technology way before other civilizations.
This is still happening today as well.
Especially with freemasons, and satan worshipers. In all industries

Marvel Whiteside Parsons aka Jack parsons- Indirectly led Nasa to send the apollo astronauts to the moon. The design for solid fuel rocket boosters are based on his innovations. and build by Aerojet foundation, which he founded. He has a crater on the moon named after him and every year on halloween nasa's JPL holds an open house memorial for him. Whats this all have to do with?
Well, he was an admitted occultist and follower of satanist aleister crowley.
With that being said, I don't think it was God who gave him the ability to tap into this kind of knowledge.

It was very surprising to discover a lot of our monuments, buildings, inventions can be traced back to some sort of satanic followers.

Many people mistakenly believe that the French government gave the Statue of Liberty to the American government but it was individuals in the French Grand Oriental Temple of the Masons that built and presented the statue named, "Liberty Enlightening the World" as a gift to the Masons of America in celebration of the centenary of the first Masonic Republic in 1884.

This is about the statue of liberty- The Statue of Liberty — A Masonic Goddess from Top to Bottom | Friends of the American Revolution

Here is a Interesting article explaining the third eye! Opening the Third Eye-Christians Beware | DiscernIt

You can see how enlightenment/ some knowledge is not what God has for us!

The Biblical mathimatical equivalent of "forbidden knowledge’s" takes place in Genesis 3.

T

Tintin

Technology can be used for good or evil but on it's own, it's neutral. I think technology can be used to glorify God and further his kingdom. I also think technology will continue to be developed on the New Heaven and the New Earth.

Oct 14, 2013
Ecclesiastes 7

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Oct 14, 2013
I actually don't know who invented the TV. But it wouldn't surprise me too much if he were employed by the CIA. In my mind, the television is one of the most powerful weapons ever created.

As for inspiration of inventions, I would have to say at the moment that I believe they can come from us, although we can be inspired by things placed into our hearts, and God ultimately permits them to come to fruition? I think either choice of a source for inspiration may lead to theological difficulties.
Psalm 99:8Thou answeredst them, O Lord our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.

Oct 14, 2013
Technology can be used for good or evil but on it's own, it's neutral. I think technology can be used to glorify God and further his kingdom. I also think technology will continue to be developed on the New Heaven and the New Earth.
Proverbs 8:12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
without television, the people will perish.

Oh hold on...

where i stand with pencil sharpeners is dont get the fancy kind, they are useless lol.