Iraq Cities Fall To Al Qaeda-inspired militants: NeoCons want Obamaphone like policy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
We didn't put him there. We exploited the power he had taken through ruthlessness and used him against Iran until he turned on us and then we invaded and captured him and hung him at the end of a rope publishing it on the Internet so all the other despots would know that homie don't play that.
pretty much, however we smacked him around pretty good in 91. but ol Sr. knew a total invasion of Iraq would never work and we would just end up with someone worse down the road... this was a lesson Jr didn't learn from daddy.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
My skin crawls watching the endless lies from this man:[video]http://www.mrctv.org/videos/obama-i-said-i-end-war-iraq-i-ended-it[/video]

D

didymos

Caught dancing while your troops are dying at war might embolden terrorists.

Or six months after a terrorist murders 3000 of your citizens, to be caught saying you don't think much about that guy or spend much time on, saying that on world wide TV, that might embolden terrorists. (...)
'Hail to the one we selected as commander,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!' :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;5WztB6HzXxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI[/video]

B

biscuit

Obama is 6 years into his and it's getting worse by the day. His ship for blaming bush has sailed.
For a president who has been completely ignored by the Republicans in his policy making, he is doing remarkably well.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If you're going to give credit for the lower unemployment to the fact that there was an R-pres and a split R-D congress before that, then you have to credit the decrease in unemployment under Obama to the D-pres and R-D congress.

View attachment 81299

As you can see it starts ticking down from 8-ish% towards the 6%s from 2011-2014
And actually as you can see, the congress before that was D-D. So you have a D-D-D.
111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*shrieks*

Just for the fun of it, compare the Reagan unemployment drop rate to the Obama.

View attachment 81300

View attachment 81299
This proves that if you torture the stats long enough they will confess to anything! This, combined with the pitiful labor participation rate, proves that the unemployment number is pure baloney.

BREAKING: First Quarter GDP Shrinks By 2.9%, Worst Pullback In 5 Years… | Weasel Zippers

1still_waters

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So you show disdain for statistics, only to point toward statistics?
Does seem counterintuitive, but some stats are hard and fast, and some can be massaged all day long. You can't manipulate the GDP or the labor participation rate. The way unemployment is measured has been changed over the years. They don't count working eligible people. They ONLY count those on unemployment or are actively seeking employment. Those whose unemployment benefits have run out (after a ridiculous 99 weeks) and go on other forms of welfare and have given up looking for work are NOT counted. THAT is why the labor participation rate is really the only stat that matters. So to equate obama's recovery to Reagan's is beyond absurd. Show me where 5 yrs after the Reagan economy the GDP retracted almost 3%. Save your time. You can't.

1still_waters

Does seem counterintuitive, but some stats are hard and fast, and some can be massaged all day long. You can't manipulate the GDP or the labor participation rate. The way unemployment is measured has been changed over the years. They don't count working eligible people. They ONLY count those on unemployment or are actively seeking employment. Those whose unemployment benefits have run out (after a ridiculous 99 weeks) and go on other forms of welfare and have given up looking for work are NOT counted.THAT is why the labor participation rate is really the only stat that matters. So to equate obama's recovery to Reagan's is beyond absurd. Show me where 5 yrs after the Reagan economy the GDP retracted almost 3%. Save your time. You can't.
September of 1984 the GDP Growth Rate was 10.70%. By December of 1986 GDP Growth Rate was 4.86%.

10.70% - 4.86% = a drop of 5.84%
US GDP Growth Rate by Quarter
reagan.jpg

Last edited:

djness

May 16, 2014
I've never fought and died for something I believed in, I just vote. Someone else in the states died because they wanted rights. I got the benefit of that 200 some years later.
The ISIS people are willing to die to impose their beliefs or if they are successful kill others for that imposition. The people ''melting away'' aren't willing to die for their beliefs.

I can understand how one might say ''if they want freedom they need to fight for it'' on the other hand { at least here in the states} most of us have never actually had to choose liberty or death.

Dec 12, 2013
If this expands and he subdues three nations unto himself..........!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
September of 1984 the GDP Growth Rate was 10.70%. By December of 1986 GDP Growth Rate was 4.86%.

10.70% - 4.86% = a drop of 5.84%
US GDP Growth Rate by Quarter
View attachment 82041
Wow. Iv'e just lost a good chunk of respect here. ALL of those GDP numbers you posted represent GROWTH. Some quarters saw lower GROWTH than others but ALL had GROWTH! you really don't understand that?

Do you understand what a economic retraction is?

Still love you as a brother, but cmon guy.

Jun 18, 2014
Al qaeda-inspired militants have seized control of two northern cities in Iraq, as they threaten to take over the capitol city of Baghdad.

Those against Obama's withdrawal of troops from Iraq will immediately blame this on Obama. Those making such arguments are calling for the international version of an Obama-phone, or Obama-money. Why do I say this?

Al Qaeda-inspired militant group vows march on Baghdad after seizing northern cities | Fox News

These people won't stand up and fight for their own freedom against some rag-tag militants.. Why in the world would we advocate sending in our military to do it for them, especially when they won't stand on their own?

McCain and Graham slam Obama for Iraq violence – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

These calls to redistribute our military might to stand for people who won't stand for themselves has got to stop. It's time for liberals at home to quit calling for redistribution of wealth to the able bodied who don't want to work. It's time for neo-cons to quit calling for redistribution of our military might for people who don't want to stand and fight for their own freedom. This Obama-phone like foreign policy has got to stop.
Did it ever occur that perhaps, even though the Iraqi military own and actively use far more military equipment and are better resourced than these 'terrorists', that those who abandoned their posts simply don't care for war or the Western agenda?

Some Muslims who murdered 3,000 people on September eleventh, should not equate to practically all Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan having to deal with the destruction of war, with international outrage at their religion, with the continuing prejudice and with the unjustified loss of over a million Iraqi and Afghan civilian lives. Hell, I can definitely understand if the Iraqi army members couldn't care less about America's military policy in Iraq.

I don't.

Last edited:

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
K

krow

We should have supported Assad in Syria, allowed him to crush the rebellion of the islamic extremists (ISIS is among them), or manipulated the situation so it was an even stale mate, but in retrospect I advocate the former. We also should have never went into Iraq and removed Saddam. As bad as he was this wouldn't have happened had he still been ruling Iraq. We have no one to blame but ourselves, we trained them, and in the critical moments they threw down their weapons and ran, and they also abandoned tanks and other vehicles and the enemy took control of them, making the counter offensive even tougher for those in the Iraqi army that have finally decided to fit. They need to learn... "it's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees..."