Is a good verse to use with cults?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Who would not fear You, O King of nations? This is Your due. For among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like You. (Jer 10:7)
 
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

While that is a great verse…. I am not so sure that would be effective against cults or those involved within.

People don’t respond well to being told… or pointing out that they are messed up… When you’re in it… you don’t know it… nor do you see it …and pointing it out most often will drive people in deeper….it takes understanding, love, and wisdom from God in order to reach the heart…

I had a number of people preach against what I was doing and many times it didn’t end well, as I would test people’s willingness to turn the other cheek….

None of the criticism that people slung at me ever phased me…. it took someone with the love of God in their heart and the wisdom of Gods words that came out of her mouth.... that is what cut through the tempered heart that I had developed …. Of coarse it didn’t hurt that she was really hot…
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheLearner
Is a good verse to use with cults?



Zechariah 14:9
Easy-to-Read Version
9 And the Lord will be the King of the whole world. At that time all people will worship him as the only Lord with only one name.

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
 
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

While that is a great verse…. I am not so sure that would be effective against cults or those involved within.

People don’t respond well to being told… or pointing out that they are messed up… When you’re in it… you don’t know it… nor do you see it …and pointing it out most often will drive people in deeper….it takes understanding, love, and wisdom from God in order to reach the heart…

I had a number of people preach against what I was doing and many times it didn’t end well, as I would test people’s willingness to turn the other cheek….

None of the criticism that people slung at me ever phased me…. it took someone with the love of God in their heart and the wisdom of Gods words that came out of her mouth.... that is what cut through the tempered heart that I had developed …. Of coarse it didn’t hurt that she was really hot…


Sometimes I can't even get other Christians to believe this. (Zech 14) It seems like we have a lot of churches teaching a partial gospel.
I Just became tired of beating my head against a wall in another thread. I don't know what chance I stand with non-believers.

Witnessing is hard in today's world.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Angela53510
Sometimes I can't even get other Christians to believe this. (Zech 14) It seems like we have a lot of churches teaching a partial gospel.
I Just became tired of beating my head against a wall in another thread. I don't know what chance I stand with non-believers.

Witnessing is hard in today's world.

Witnessing may be hard, but apparently heads are harder.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheLearner
Sometimes I can't even get other Christians to believe this. (Zech 14) It seems like we have a lot of churches teaching a partial gospel.
I Just became tired of beating my head against a wall in another thread. I don't know what chance I stand with non-believers.

Witnessing is hard in today's world.


I used go through that ….but the relief valve that God gives us is very helpful.


1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

It is not our responsibility to heap the pressure of persuasion on ourself ….. We plant the seed …sometimes we water …but everything else is God’s responsibility...
 
Sometimes I can't even get other Christians to believe this. (Zech 14) It seems like we have a lot of churches teaching a partial gospel.
I Just became tired of beating my head against a wall in another thread. I don't know what chance I stand with non-believers.

Witnessing is hard in today's world.


“And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭14:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬


And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

“and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
 
1st John 4:4 "ye are of God little children and have overcome them, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world"!
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheLearner