Is anyone else struggling being a true christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 19, 2023
I was always happy to go to church but after attending carnival everthing changed now when i go to church i get irritated and every time i hear the word of God i feel like i want to faint i get these strong headaches and then i get dizzy.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I was always happy to go to church but after attending carnival everthing changed now when i go to church i get irritated and every time i hear the word of God i feel like i want to faint i get these strong headaches and then i get dizzy.
Hello Katelyn, I'm interested, 1. what is "carnival", and 2. why do you think that it had such a profoundly negative effect on your spiritual life and walk/on your relationship with God and His church, and on your response to His word :unsure:

Thanks!

Praying for you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - I'm not a teen anymore, but I am interested in hearing about this event in your life and the problems that resulted from it, if that's ok with you!? (if it is not, if you'd prefer to talk to other teens alone, please don't hesitate to tell me) Thanks again :)

Feb 19, 2023
Hello Katelyn, I'm interested, 1. what is "carnival", and 2. why do you think that it had such a profoundly negative effect on your spiritual life and walk/on your relationship with God and His church, and on your response to His word :unsure:

Thanks!

Praying for you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - I'm not a teen anymore, but I am interested in hearing about this event in your life and the problems that resulted from it, if that's ok with you!? (if it is not, if you'd prefer to talk to other teens alone, please don't hesitate to tell me) Thanks again :)

Hi carnival is like a festival that most caribbean islands have. In Belize we have carnival every year around september it has ungodly music, females and males showing their bodies dancing and drinking and ever since i went to watch it, it effected my spiritual life telling you about it right now is making me dizzy. Since carnival i started doubting God i started following the wrong people. 2. Before i went to carnival i would get headaches when i was in church but the headaches got worse now i feel like i want to faint when i read the bible i get light headed so now what i need to do is pray and continue fighting to stay in the right path maybe am going through a spiritual warfare its a lot of thing to explain.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
You have put yourself into Satan's territory and you are paying the price. I suggest that you confess your sin and ask God to deliver you from the evil that has beset you. What you describe is an occult influence, witchcraft, fortune telling or voodoo- something like that.

People are either Christian or not. It's a matter of being born again. However, as you have found, it is possible to be robbed of the experience that Christians should enjoy. We struggle when we try to be like Jesus. If we only realised it, we are like Him spiritually already. What we need to do is discover what God has done for us in Jesus and live in the light of that. It's so much easier when we let Jesus do the living in and through us. I've no doubt He was telling you not to go to the carnival. We usually learn the hard way. Well, I do any way. Be encouraged. God loves you and will restore you in due time. Learn to listen and obey. You can avoid this kind of trap if you do.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello again Katelyn (@katelyn_nz), thank you for explaining what it was that you went through. I agree with @Gideon300's assessment above. I would further recommend that you go to see you pastor and tell him everything that you just told us (for his help and counsel, and so that he will know how to pray for you right now, specifically). You can ask him to be discreet if you'd prefer to keep all of this just between the two of you for some reason.

There are things that I used to participate in prior to becoming a believer that I would never choose to do now (unless I knew that God wanted me there for some reason). Sadly, this can be true of certain people in our lives too (people who we know are bad for us, whose influence over us could cause us to do things that we would never choose to do on our own) .. e.g. Proverbs 13:20; 1 Corinthians 15:33.

My advice for the future (when you know that a person and/or an event is likely to be problematic for you, especially spiritually/as a Christian) is this: RUN!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

12 Our struggle (as believers) is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello @katelyn_nz

It sounds like a demonic curse or attack has been placed on you.

As Christians, the playing field is getting VERY NARROW… meaning we have to NOT give any place or open door for Satan to enter and attack us spiritually, mentally or physically.

It’s time to surrender EVERYTHING to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We cannot hold on to Jesus Christ and tarot cards or Harry Potter or astrology or horoscopes…

Our TOTAL spirituality is in Jesus Christ ALONE.

It’s time to STAND on what we know is TRUE and believe and be STEADFAST.

Do you want to be free?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hi Katelyn!

I hope you are doing well today. You are so blessed to live in Belize. I'm told that it is one of the prettiest countries in the world.

That's a good thing that you reached out to others here for help. I think you'll find some answers about God's grace in this link. It's a preacher speaking to a school in a S.American country.
That short message might be exactly what you need right now. If you pray at the end with a sincere heart of faith in the Lord, He can and will deliver you. Afterwards He wants you to grow, as He does all of us. Once the Holy Spirit makes you His temple, "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world."
I think that problem you are having will be a thing of the past. I will pray for you now and I trust that you will listen closely to the message a time or two and pray at the end.

To your health and happiness,
From USA

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Some people who have fooled around with a Ouija board or tarot cards. still keep them in their house after becoming a believer. One must get rid of this darkness, throw it in the trash outside one's house! Foe the devil must never have an opportunity. in one's life (Eph 4:27) Some of those symptoms occur because one still has them in their house. Remember (Matt 12:25) if one's house is divided so is the person in the house. Hope this helps!

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
I'd suggest don't join any Christian forums. When you are in a weakened state as you describe the diverse personalities you'll find there will only contribute to the headache.

Not everyone on a forum is an actual Christian.

Also, don't worry about how to be Christian. Relax. Pray, walk in nature, meditate. And listen to your intuition. Which for the Christian is that voice of Holy Spirit.

And you can always journal. Write to Jesus, God, your inner thoughts. Let it all out. God is always listening.

Right now you may be in the midst of a test. Life is a confluence of the good and the evil. The path you choose will be best on all sides by the adversary of God.

Stay strong. You've got Jesus.

Which means, you've no need to fear. You are eternally in his saving grace. Now you just have to let go and trust that.
God Bless.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
No, not struggling being a Christian. If you have recently become a Christian, the devil will tempt you big time because he doesn't want anyone going to God's side. If you have been 1 for a while, temptations will never go away. read 1st Corinthians 10:13 & James 1;12,13. there's always aw ay to get anything accomplished. thru verses, people, God's Holy Spirit's communication with you & your own ability to solve this issue, you will succeed. i will pray for you.

S

Salgado

Definitely. I just keep seeking his purification, sanctification, forgiveness and mercy everyday

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
There’s a movie coming out soon that can probably explain why some Christians are struggling with being a Christian….