Is Catholocism bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
That’s because many Catholics don’t actually read the bible for themselves , they just
repeat parrot fashion what they are taught. Many just rely on a priest to tell them
what’s in the bible and tell them what they should believe. God never told His people
to be cannibals!
Everything about this is ridiculous on both sides.
For starters, transubstantiation is not cannibalism.
They don't believe that the elements become actual flesh and blood.
And again, I am not defending the practice, just explaining it.

I am encountering more and more Catholics that do read the Bible.
But as you have indicted, they take the Church's position on the meaning.
But then so do we in many cases. So, from that perspective, we are closer than we think.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Make friends with them and tell them the truth as the Spirit moves you.
If Christ is living in you it won't be seen as just a doctrine, it will be the way the truth and the life of Jesus.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Make friends with them and tell them the truth as the Spirit moves you.
If Christ is living in you it won't be seen as just a doctrine, it will be the way the truth and the life of Jesus.
Well said.
It's not about winning an argument concerning who is right or wrong.
It's about allowing them to be jealous of what we have.
Make them hungry for the sort of relationship we have with God and the peace we have about life and eternity.

M

Miri

Everything about this is ridiculous on both sides.
For starters, transubstantiation is not cannibalism.
They don't believe that the elements become actual flesh and blood.
And again, I am not defending the practice, just explaining it.

I am encountering more and more Catholics that do read the Bible.
But as you have indicted, they take the Church's position on the meaning.
But then so do we in many cases. So, from that perspective, we are closer than we think.
Actually they do, I know several catholic’s and this is what they are taught.
That the bread and wine, becomes the blood and body of Christ when the
priest prayers over it. That’s where the term transubstantiation comes from.

Definition of transubstantiation

1: the miraculous change by which according to Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox dogma the eucharistic elements at their consecration become the body and blood of Christ while keeping only the appearances of bread and wine.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Actually they do, I know several catholic’s and this is what they are taught.
That the bread and wine, becomes the blood and body of Christ when the
priest prayers over it. That’s where the term transubstantiation comes from.

Definition of transubstantiation

1: the miraculous change by which according to Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox dogma the eucharistic elements at their consecration become the body and blood of Christ while keeping only the appearances of bread and wine.
Yes, I understand that. We are splitting hairs here.

The elements maintain the appearance of bread and wine. (per your post)
Nor does this change when they are ingested, according to Catholic testimony I have read.
(No, I do not have the source.)

Does that make it cannibalism?

M

Miri

Yes, I understand that. We are splitting hairs here.

The elements maintain the appearance of bread and wine. (per your post)
Nor does this change when they are ingested, according to Catholic testimony I have read.
(No, I do not have the source.)

Does that make it cannibalism?

Not in the strict sense of actually eating something that looks like
or is human flesh and blood. But that’s my point, we all know the communion
is symbolic but the Catholic Church teaches that it miraculously changes into
the real body and blood of Christ - even though it doesn’t look as if it has.
That the priest has some sort of super power to do this when he prays over it.

If someone held up something and told you it was human flesh and blood and
you ate it....well I will leave you to answer that.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Not in the strict sense of actually eating something that looks like
or is human flesh and blood. But that’s my point, we all know the communion
is symbolic but the Catholic Church teaches that it miraculously changes into
the real body and blood of Christ - even though it doesn’t look as if it has.
That the priest has some sort of super power to do this when he prays over it.

If someone held up something and told you it was human flesh and blood and
you ate it....well I will leave you to answer that.
I agree.
Can you now see that it is going too far to accuse them of cannibalism?

M

Miri

By the way I do think there are saved people in the Catholic Church, who
continue to attend as they are being deceived and badly misinformed.

Though I have some met former Catholics who got out when their eyes
were opened and they realised the truth.

K

kaylagrl

I agree.
Can you now see that it is going too far to accuse them of cannibalism?
A little humor to lighten the mood...

When my nephew was younger my sis and her hubby attended a little local country church. They had a lots of families attending with children. They would allow kids to take communion too. So they would all go to the front of the church and take communion together.

One Sunday they all went up to take communion. After taking the bread for the body my nephew turned around and started heading back to the pew. My BIL asked him where he was going and loud enough for everyone to hear he said "I ain't drinkin no blood daddy!!" rofl Kids will say anything.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I quote part of article from this catholic link.

It say eucharist is not a symbol, but It literally happen the bread turn to flesh and the wine turn to blood.

It us Lie, go to laboratorium, test It, you Will Find very easy to prove It Lie. Normal person do not need go to lab, any body can see the different between wafer and flesh.

This doctrine is from pagan, so catholic is pagan

http://www.lazyboysreststop.org/apol8.htm

https://stpaul-florin.org/documents/The Call/Respect for the Eucharist.pdf
First, let’s review what we know about the Eucharist.

The Eucharist is the body and blood of our Lord, Je- sus Christ.

The Eucharist is not sym- bolic of the body and blood of Jesus, it IS the body and blood of Jesus. The bread and wine [the gifts of unconsecrated hosts and wine which are brought to the altar during Mass] are changed, by the divine power of the Eucha- ristic prayers of an or-

dained priest, into the ac- tual body and blood of Christ. This change is called transubstantiation.

How Do We Know This Happens?

How do we know this change has taken place? It requires faith. It is a mystery which, like love, we will never fully under- stand. The Trinity, the di- vinity of Jesus, His death and Resurrection are other mysteries which, along with the Eucharist, we will never fully comprehend in this life. Jesus is really present in the Eucharist and, under the appear- ance of food, nourishes us for our journey through life. That is why any uncon- sumed consecrated hosts are always reverently placed in the tabernacle after Mass. A red light or candle signifying the pres- ence of the Lord is dis- played near the tabernacle

Mar 28, 2016
I quote part of article from this catholic link.

It say eucharist is not a symbol, but It literally happen the bread turn to flesh and the wine turn to blood.

It us Lie, go to laboratorium, test It, you Will Find very easy to prove It Lie. Normal person do not need go to lab, any body can see the different between wafer and flesh.

This doctrine is from pagan, so catholic is pagan

http://www.lazyboysreststop.org/apol8.htm

https://stpaul-florin.org/documents/The Call/Respect for the Eucharist.pdf
First, let’s review what we know about the Eucharist.

The Eucharist is the body and blood of our Lord, Je- sus Christ.

The Eucharist is not sym- bolic of the body and blood of Jesus, it IS the body and blood of Jesus. The bread and wine [the gifts of unconsecrated hosts and wine which are brought to the altar during Mass] are changed, by the divine power of the Eucha- ristic prayers of an or-

dained priest, into the ac- tual body and blood of Christ. This change is called transubstantiation.

How Do We Know This Happens?

How do we know this change has taken place? It requires faith. It is a mystery which, like love, we will never fully under- stand. The Trinity, the di- vinity of Jesus, His death and Resurrection are other mysteries which, along with the Eucharist, we will never fully comprehend in this life. Jesus is really present in the Eucharist and, under the appear- ance of food, nourishes us for our journey through life. That is why any uncon- sumed consecrated hosts are always reverently placed in the tabernacle after Mass. A red light or candle signifying the pres- ence of the Lord is dis- played near the tabernacle
That simply does not happen .to drink literal blood of men is a abomination a law not subject to change

That would be one of those things the fleshly mind does not see as a imagination of the heart spoken of in Colossian 2:8

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. Collosians 2:8

The word of God as in all things written in the law and prophets called (sola scriptura) does not give us that kind of understanding .

The faith to believe that literal blood must be drank must ignore the word of God the Christians source of faith which does declare over and over the lifeless, spiritless blood of the dead sacrifice must be poured out at the foot of the alter so that it can return to the clay it was formed of. Just as the Son of man, when pierced wit a spear.

The parable below in John 6 must be defined, knowing to drink the blood of the old testament sacrifices signified the coming of the Son of man , Jesus. Jesus in that same chapter declared it is His unseen spirit that cab quicken our souls and flesh profits for nothing , This helps to understanding verses found in John 6:53-56 must be compared to the spiritual unseen

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.John 6:53-56

What the the metaphor "drink my blood" mean?

To drink the blood of men must be defined comparing the spiritual unseen understanding to the same unseen understanding also called, from faith to faith, in Romans 1. It cannot mean to drink the literal blood a clear abomination.

Both 1 Chronicles 11:19 and 2 Samuel 23:15-17 help define the metaphor drink the blood of men

And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men2 Samuel 23:17

There blood is referred to as spirit life giving His Spirit in jeopardy of his own Spirit life. God is Spirit and not a man as . Above it would seem the Holy Spirit is teaching us that literal blood without the spirit is not that which can quicken our soul the flesh profits for nothing .The Spirit profits for everything.

To drink the blood of men was to offer spirit life in jeopardy of the Son of man owns life. It defines the parable. Literal blood must be poured out.

Leviticus 4:18 And he shall put some of the blood upon the horns of the altar which is before the Lord, that is in the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall pour out all the blood at the bottom of the altar of the burnt offering, which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Leviticus 4:25And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.

Leviticus 4:30And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

Leviticus 4:34 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar:

Leviticus 9:9And the sons of Aaron brought the blood unto him: and he dipped his finger in the blood, and put it upon the horns of the altar, and poured out the blood at the bottom of the altar:

Leviticus 17:13 And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.

Deuteronomy 12:27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the Lord thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the Lord thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
That simply does not happen .to drink literal blood of men is a abomination a law not subject to change

That would be one of those things the fleshly mind does not see as a imagination of the heart spoken of in Colossian 2:8

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. Collosians 2:8

The word of God as in all things written in the law and prophets called (sola scriptura) does not give us that kind of understanding .

The faith to believe that literal blood must be drank must ignore the word of God the Christians source of faith which does declare over and over the lifeless, spiritless blood of the dead sacrifice must be poured out at the foot of the alter so that it can return to the clay it was formed of. Just as the Son of man, when pierced wit a spear.

The parable below in John 6 must be defined, knowing to drink the blood of the old testament sacrifices signified the coming of the Son of man , Jesus. Jesus in that same chapter declared it is His unseen spirit that cab quicken our souls and flesh profits for nothing , This helps to understanding verses found in John 6:53-56 must be compared to the spiritual unseen

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.John 6:53-56

What the the metaphor "drink my blood" mean?

To drink the blood of men must be defined comparing the spiritual unseen understanding to the same unseen understanding also called, from faith to faith, in Romans 1. It cannot mean to drink the literal blood a clear abomination.

Both 1 Chronicles 11:19 and 2 Samuel 23:15-17 help define the metaphor drink the blood of men

And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men2 Samuel 23:17

There blood is referred to as spirit life giving His Spirit in jeopardy of his own Spirit life. God is Spirit and not a man as . Above it would seem the Holy Spirit is teaching us that literal blood without the spirit is not that which can quicken our soul the flesh profits for nothing .The Spirit profits for everything.

To drink the blood of men was to offer spirit life in jeopardy of the Son of man owns life. It defines the parable. Literal blood must be poured out.

Leviticus 4:18 And he shall put some of the blood upon the horns of the altar which is before the Lord, that is in the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall pour out all the blood at the bottom of the altar of the burnt offering, which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Leviticus 4:25And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.

Leviticus 4:30And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

Leviticus 4:34 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar:

Leviticus 9:9And the sons of Aaron brought the blood unto him: and he dipped his finger in the blood, and put it upon the horns of the altar, and poured out the blood at the bottom of the altar:

Leviticus 17:13 And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.

Deuteronomy 12:27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the Lord thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the Lord thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
Yep, catholic eucharist doctrine is only a prove of satanic doctrine

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am having a hard time witnessing to someone who was raised and baptised a catholic. Now he thinks he has no need to be baptised in Jesus name.

And of course he doesnt want to go to church as he assumes all churches are like catholic ones that told him a bunch of lies and abuse their children. He cant even read the Bible because he will go and read the Bible the catholics had tampered with and believe in all sorts of things. Like he said I was an angel.

I am not an angel! Arrgh. What to do.

I mean..theres all this extra stuff the catholics get taught about the Bible that isnt even in the Bible.

I found the same with another girl raised catholic, I would be talking about Jesus, she would be talking about Jesus, but it seems we not even talking about the same Jesus.