Is Christmas paganism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
So your study (or your disdain for the Roman Catholic church) has led you to attack Christmas and also to remain under the old covenant? Do you condemn believers who celebrate the birth of Christ during Christmas? You sound like a frustrated man who is having a very difficult time making the transition from the old covenant into the new covenant. :unsure:
As I have shown many times, your "New Covenant", also the "New Covenant" of the Roman Catholic Church, and the "New Covenant" the Christ Promised are two completely different things. Just as your "Feast unto the Lord", also the Roman Catholic Churches "Feasts unto the Lord", are different than the Feasts unto the Lord that the Christ Created for our admonition.

I don't believe Constantine or the Pope has the authority to create Laws for God, or make un-Holy what God has already made Holy. Or has the authority to make Holy what God has already deemed Un-Holy.

I am not frustrated at all. And you are free to believe in the power of the RCC and follow their religious traditions if you like. But from my study, this is not the Will of God that we should rely on religious men for such things. And as a brother I should Love you by at least pointing this out.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I don't celebrate Christmas myself because i don't think it adds or reduces anything in my walk with God. This are very trivial things that people choose to waste time on. Examples:

The sun has been worshiped - can a believer busk in the sun? will they be busking in some other god's/idol's rays?
The moon has been worshiped- can a believer even walk at night under the moon's light?
Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Frid/Sat/Sun. Days of the week have pagan origins/ named after pagan gods- can a believer toss away the calendar?

2017AD/2018AD/2019AD. Every time you welcome a new year, you are actually commemorating the so called the birth of Jesus because AD stands for 'the year of our Lord'. Can a believer do away with this kind of system?

So why Christmas and not every other/ so many other things in our life time that are associated with pagans?
John 17:
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

It is true there is a lot of paganism in the religions of the world. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Venerable day of the sun, etc., etc.,

But I believe the scriptures tell us why they are here.

Judges. 2:
21 I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died:
22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.
23 Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Serioulx..christmas is the day Nimrod was supposedly born again.thatd ancient baal worship.
Most things (Christmas trees,wraths,balls,...) comesI from.that.

Saying Christmas isnt pagan is as ignotant as saying hannukah aint jewish.
Don't lie to yourself.
Sorry for my.rant but i get really upset when things dont get called what they are. I dont care what people do and what not, but excusing, ignoring or lying to yourself is a tool of the enemy.
I know and ones heart who is truly changed by Yah will not mixing paganisim with His worship, especially when they know and will seek to find what is proper and improper. Honestly I think many people don;t really care, most want a religion that makes them happy as opposed to a religion that is what YHWH wants... and none of us are perfect but Yah willing He will strengthen those who seek Him in truth and turn the hearts of those that don't know any better to His truth.

John 4:24, “Yah is Spirit, and those who worship Him need to worship in spirit and truth.”

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Are you talking about the 7 appointed feasts of the old covenant? - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+23&version=NCV

What about the new covenant?

You seem to have a martyr complex. :unsure:
I mean the 7 Feasts of YHWH, the final 4 are not yet fulfilled:

Fulfilled already
John 19:30, “So when יהושע took the sour wine He said, “It is done!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”

Fulfilled already:
1. Passover/First-fruits – Yahshua's Sacrifice(Passover), burial and resurrection (First Fruits – presenting Himself to YHWH)
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread – Removal of sin by Yahshua's perfect work as the Passover Sacrifice
3. Feast of Weeks – The blessing Holy Spirit of YHWH, coming into our lives stronger than ever

To be fulfilled in the future:
4. Feast of Trumpets – Yahshua's return and gathering of the Saints
5. Day of Atonement – Yahshua leads the army of YHWH to destroy evil rulers of this world and satan is chained for 1,000 years
6. Feast of Tabernacles – Yahshua dwells on earth for 1,000 years teaching truth and righteousness
7. The Last Great Day – satan is loosed and swiftly destroyed, the Kingdom of YHWH reigns forever

To be fulfilled in the future
Revelation 21:4-8, “And Yah shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away. And He who was sitting on the throne said, “See, I make all matters new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and trustworthy. And He said to me, “It is done! I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts I shall give of the fountain of the water of life without payment. The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Strength and he shall be My son. But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Where would you get the idea they are "OLD"

Ohh wait I know:

Marcionism was an Early Christian dualist belief system that originated in the teachings of Marcion of Sinope at Rome around the year 144.

Marcion believed Jesus was the savior sent by God, and Paul the Apostle was his chief apostle, but he rejected the Hebrew Bible and the God of Israel. Marcionists believed that the wrathful Hebrew God was a separate and lower entity than the all-forgiving God of the New Testament

Mar·cion·ism: the doctrinal system of a sect of the second and third centuries a.d. accepting some parts of the New Testament (Paul) but denying Christ's corporality and humanity and condemning the Creator God of the Old Testament.

Heretical sect founded in A.D. 144 at Rome by Marcion and continuing in the West for 300 years, but in the East some centuries longer, especially outside the Byzantine Empire. They rejected the writings of the Old Testament and taught that Christ was not the Son of the God of the Jews, but the Son of the good God, who was different from the God of the Ancient Covenant. They anticipated the more consistent dualism of Manichaeism and were finally absorbed by it. As they arose in the very infancy of Christianity and adopted from the beginning a strong ecclesiastical organization, parallel to that of the Catholic Church, they were perhaps the most dangerous foe Christianity has ever known. The subject will be treated under the following heads...

Marcion is the reason the words "old" and "new" testaments appear in most translations...

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Marcion is the reason the words "old" and "new" testaments appear in most translations...
You have bought the hebrew roots nonsense full blast. Did Marcion write the book of hebrews?:

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 8:6-9 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
You have bought the hebrew roots nonsense full blast. Did Marcion write the book of hebrews?:

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 8:6-9 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
No Marcion did not write Hebrew and yes Marcion is the reason "nt" and "OT" are seperated, nobody did it before him...

I fully understand what the blood of Messiah brings and is explained in Hebrews, I also read the entore word and gather my understanding from it in fulness...

Hebrews 7:11-12, “Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed (#G3331), there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

Notice it is the same word in English “change” but in the Greek they are 2 different words?

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3331), there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

If we only look at the English it is easy to misunderstand what the writer of Hebrews is seeking to tell us. Lets take a deeper look at the difference between these words:

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3331)”

“changed” is word #G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis (me-ta'-the-sis) n., transposition, i.e. transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law). [from G3346], KJV: change, removing, translation, Root(s): G3346

Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
#G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis; 1) transfer: from one place to another 2) to change 2a) of things instituted or established

As in the priesthood on earth, the Levite priesthood has been abolished, and the Priesthood in the heavens, carried out by Yahshua is established. This “change” or “metathesis” is a removal of one that is replaced by another.

“there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law):—change, removing, translation.

“change” is word #G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v., 1. to transfer., 2. (literally) to transport., 3. (by implication) to exchange., 4. (reflexively) to change sides. [from G3326 and G5087], KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn, Root(s): G3326, G5087

#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi; 1) to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other) 1a) to transfer 1b) to change 1c) to transfer one's self or suffer one's self to be transferred 1c1) to go or pass over 1c2) to fall away or desert from one person or thing to another

#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi; From G3326 and G5087; to transfer, that is, (literally) transport, (by implication) exchange, (reflexively) change sides, or (figuratively) pervert:—carry over, change, remove, translate, turn.

As in the Law has been transferred, not mediated by Levites but mediated by Yahshua the High Priest. This “change” or “metatithemi” is a transferral.

John/Yahanan 14:6, “Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me.”

Hebrews 7:24-25,"but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to יהוה through Him, ever living to make intercession for them."

If you looked at eveything I posted rather than only focusing on one part you would see the COvenant was made with Abraham and continued to Israyl - Ps 105, and the covenant in the blood of Messiah is with Israyl Jre 31 and Heb 10. Then consider metathesis and metatithemi, neos, kainos, chadash... to him who seeks....

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
No Marcion did not write Hebrew and yes Marcion is the reason "nt" and "OT" are seperated, nobody did it before him...

I fully understand what the blood of Messiah brings and is explained in Hebrews, I also read the entore word and gather my understanding from it in fulness...

Hebrews 7:11-12, “Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed (#G3331), there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

Notice it is the same word in English “change” but in the Greek they are 2 different words?

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3331), there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

If we only look at the English it is easy to misunderstand what the writer of Hebrews is seeking to tell us. Lets take a deeper look at the difference between these words:

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3331)”

“changed” is word #G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis (me-ta'-the-sis) n., transposition, i.e. transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law). [from G3346], KJV: change, removing, translation, Root(s): G3346

#G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis; 1) transfer: from one place to another 2) to change 2a) of things instituted or established

As in the priesthood on earth, the Levite priesthood has been abolished, and the Priesthood in the heavens, carried out by Yahshua is established. This “change” or “metathesis” is a removal of one that is replaced by another.

“there is made of necessity a change (#G3346) also of the law.”

From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law):—change, removing, translation.

“change” is word #G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v., 1. to transfer., 2. (literally) to transport., 3. (by implication) to exchange., 4. (reflexively) to change sides. [from G3326 and G5087], KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn, Root(s): G3326, G5087

#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi; 1) to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other) 1a) to transfer 1b) to change 1c) to transfer one's self or suffer one's self to be transferred 1c1) to go or pass over 1c2) to fall away or desert from one person or thing to another

#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi; From G3326 and G5087; to transfer, that is, (literally) transport, (by implication) exchange, (reflexively) change sides, or (figuratively) pervert:—carry over, change, remove, translate, turn.

As in the Law has been transferred, not mediated by Levites but mediated by Yahshua the High Priest. This “change” or “metatithemi” is a transferral.

John/Yahanan 14:6, “Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me.”

Hebrews 7:24-25,"but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to יהוה through Him, ever living to make intercession for them."

If you looked at eveything I posted rather than only focusing on one part you would see the COvenant was made with Abraham and continued to Israyl - Ps 105, and the covenant in the blood of Messiah is with Israyl Jre 31 and Heb 10. Then consider metathesis and metatithemi, neos, kainos, chadash... to him who seeks....
Did I understand you correctly then, in essence you are saying all the LEVITICAL rules dont apply anymore, since Jesus is the high-priest and not levites anymore?

If that is what you are saying, why oh why do you wish to celebrate the biblical feasts in Leviticus 23 that include these levitical ANIMAL SACRIFICES / offerings of all sorts? Its 100% or 0% you cant 50% "keep a feast".

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come" (I Corinthians 10:11).

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Did I understand you correctly then, in essence you are saying all the LEVITICAL rules dont apply anymore, since Jesus is the high-priest and not levites anymore?

If that is what you are saying, why oh why do you wish to celebrate the biblical feasts in Leviticus 23 that include these levitical ANIMAL SACRIFICES / offerings of all sorts? Its 100% or 0% you cant 50% "keep a feast".
The Levitical priesthood is no more, the OFFICE of the priesthood remains. The "metathesis " is the disbandment of one (the levitical) and the establishment of another (the MalakZidiq or Yahshua's priesthood)

I would argue that because Yahshua is the perfect priest and able to fulfill these duties much better than any levite could, that any Feasts celebrated/kept under His priesthood would be, by His perfection, more perfect than any celebrated/kept at any other time. and as we know there is no physical temple, and when there was we wouldnt sacrifice the priests would for us even when there was... in the same way Yahshua carries out His priestly duties... Also from a common sense approach, which I use Scripture to prove my doctrine to myself, but from a common sense approach, I personally would not do away with something that has not yet been fulfilled especially when reading the Messiah;s words. Maybe another tells you different, IDK, but I do know and trust what the Messiah says...

Hebrews 9:11-12, "But the Messiah came near as a High Priest over the righteous things to come, with the great and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation; Nor through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once, for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
As I have shown many times, your "New Covenant", also the "New Covenant" of the Roman Catholic Church, and the "New Covenant" the Christ Promised are two completely different things. Just as your "Feast unto the Lord", also the Roman Catholic Churches "Feasts unto the Lord", are different than the Feasts unto the Lord that the Christ Created for our admonition.

I don't believe Constantine or the Pope has the authority to create Laws for God, or make un-Holy what God has already made Holy. Or has the authority to make Holy what God has already deemed Un-Holy.

I am not frustrated at all. And you are free to believe in the power of the RCC and follow their religious traditions if you like. But from my study, this is not the Will of God that we should rely on religious men for such things. And as a brother I should Love you by at least pointing this out.
My “New Covenant” of the Roman Catholic Church? My “Feasts unto the Lord” of the Roman Catholic Church? You never seem to run out of straw man arguments.

All you have continued to show me are straw man arguments, false accusations and your perverted gospel of salvation by “grace plus law, faith plus works.”

I’m not a Roman Catholic and I don’t follow the Pope or Constantine or believe in the power of the RCC or their religious traditions, so your ludicrous arguments are moot.

You truly sound like a frustrated man who is having a very difficult time making the transition from the old covenant into the new covenant, which is common among SDA’s, those in the Hebrew Roots movement and misguided teachers of the law in general.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The Levitical priesthood is no more, the OFFICE of the priesthood remains. The "metathesis " is the disbandment of one (the levitical) and the establishment of another (the MalakZidiq or Yahshua's priesthood)

I would argue that because Yahshua is the perfect priest and able to fulfill these duties much better than any levite could, that any Feasts celebrated/kept under His priesthood would be, by His perfection, more perfect than any celebrated/kept at any other time. and as we know there is no physical temple, and when there was we wouldnt sacrifice the priests would for us even when there was... in the same way Yahshua carries out His priestly duties... Also from a common sense approach, which I use Scripture to prove my doctrine to myself, but from a common sense approach, I personally would not do away with something that has not yet been fulfilled especially when reading the Messiah;s words. Maybe another tells you different, IDK, but I do know and trust what the Messiah says...

Hebrews 9:11-12, "But the Messiah came near as a High Priest over the righteous things to come, with the great and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation; Nor through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once, for all, having obtained eternal redemption."
One more time so im sure I get what you mean: You are keeping the feasts, but not doing the sacrifices because 1. Jesus is the High Priest now not levites and 2. even if it was levites you wouldn't be doing the animal sacrifices but the levites.

If thats the case, enjoy your biblical holidays bro! I do have a follow up question: HOw do you celebrate the feast of tabernacles for example? Do you live in a tent during that time or what?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Question: Should we celebrate Christmas or we should not celebrate because it's paganism?
There is no date in scripture that states Christ's birth day. Just allusion as to the season when shepherds were in the field. I think it is because his date of birth is not the issue. His death is. But even that isn't said to be celebrated. Because what is it were it so but idolatry? Erecting a Christmas tree, putting out manger scenes, erecting a cross behind it. That's not the point. The point is Jesus came to the earth as God in flesh so as to bring a new covenant of eternal reunion with His Holy Spirit through renewal, regeneration, so as to enter into that eternal irrevocable gift that is Salvation.

And yes, today's Christmas originated in Paganism. The celebration of winter Solstice and the sun king.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
One more time so im sure I get what you mean: You are keeping the feasts, but not doing the sacrifices because 1. Jesus is the High Priest now not levites and 2. even if it was levites you wouldn't be doing the animal sacrifices but the levites.

If thats the case, enjoy your biblical holidays bro! I do have a follow up question: HOw do you celebrate the feast of tabernacles for example? Do you live in a tent during that time or what?
Yes generally that is correct, I would add that Yahshua made the only acceptable Sacrifice and Scripture says Yah does joy in sacrifices but wants obedience and heart sacrifices. Also thiank you! and I have celebrated the Feast of Teberbacles at different times depending on my living location and circumstances, but generally I sleep in some kind of temporary place, be it a different location or there was times when I could not sleep any place but my bed due to physical restriction so I slept with me head at the other end of the bed, every moring I would wake up like why am I facing this way? Then I would remember why, this world is only a temporary dwelling place, His Kingdom is the eternal one! Ideally I would like to go into the wilderness for a week as my tempiorary dwelling place, yes in a tent and really detach from the world and spend time with Yah. In any case Im glad He has changed me and guided me, still learning, growing and seeking Him, not perfect but wanting to be what He wants.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
It’s September. It’s too early for the “is Christmas a good/bad holiday?” threads. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

So for my serious answer: I have no problem if someone celebrates Christmas or not celebrates Christmas.

I do have a problem if people think/say/believe one is more or less saved if they do/do not celebrate.

I celebrate the birth of Jesus every day. On Christmas Eve, I have the privilege to spend time with my family in fellowship and focus once again on His birth. We have dinner together. We give each other gifts, too, with love. We pray together.

It’s a wonderful time. :)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
It’s September. It’s too early for the “is Christmas a good/bad holiday?” threads. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

So for my serious answer: I have no problem if someone celebrates Christmas or not celebrates Christmas.

I do have a problem if people think/say/believe one is more or less saved if they do/do not celebrate.

I celebrate the birth of Jesus every day. On Christmas Eve, I have the privilege to spend time with my family in fellowship and focus once again on His birth. We have dinner together. We give each other gifts, too, with love. We pray together.

It’s a wonderful time. :)
Amen Melita! Well said. Spending time in fellowship with family on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, celebrating the birth of Christ, having dinner together, exchanging gifts in love and praying together is a wonderful time. :):love:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Amen Melita! Well said. Spending time in fellowship with family on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, celebrating the birth of Christ, having dinner together, exchanging gifts in love and praying together is a wonderful time. :):love:
if the folks who rail against Christmas and Easter would carry their logic out to the full extent, then they ( we all ) were born into a fallen, sinful, anti- God world, on a day and month named after a pagan God, and use a calendar crested by a catholic pope, the same catholic church that instituted Christmas over the winter solstice , and Easter over a fertility festival.

think people, think!

7seasrekeyed

I know and ones heart who is truly changed by Yah will not mixing paganisim with His worship, especially when they know and will seek to find what is proper and improper. Honestly I think many people don;t really care, most want a religion that makes them happy as opposed to a religion that is what YHWH wants... and none of us are perfect but Yah willing He will strengthen those who seek Him in truth and turn the hearts of those that don't know any better to His truth.

John 4:24, “Yah is Spirit, and those who worship Him need to worship in spirit and truth.”
and are you the judge of who those people would be?

it seems you judge by what your eyes see

guess you have no mirrors in your house since you constantly boast of your special ability to follow the OT ever since you got here and do your best to turn every thread for your personal advertisement with regards to same

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Yes generally that is correct, I would add that Yahshua made the only acceptable Sacrifice and Scripture says Yah does joy in sacrifices but wants obedience and heart sacrifices. Also thiank you! and I have celebrated the Feast of Teberbacles at different times depending on my living location and circumstances, but generally I sleep in some kind of temporary place, be it a different location or there was times when I could not sleep any place but my bed due to physical restriction so I slept with me head at the other end of the bed, every moring I would wake up like why am I facing this way? Then I would remember why, this world is only a temporary dwelling place, His Kingdom is the eternal one! Ideally I would like to go into the wilderness for a week as my tempiorary dwelling place, yes in a tent and really detach from the world and spend time with Yah. In any case Im glad He has changed me and guided me, still learning, growing and seeking Him, not perfect but wanting to be what He wants.
How do you deal with circumcision, its in the Torah, but its not of levitical origin per say, Yet in the NT its discouraged to do so by Paul?:

Galatians 5:2-3 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

1Cor 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.

The passage in corinthians makes the commandment in the Torah completely null and void. Unless of course you are someone like me who believes God works in covenants and has instituted a new kind of circumcision in the new covenant:

Colossians 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Wow , cant believe some of this stuff :(
Under the New Covenant , we are FREE in Christ !!!

No one should be judging anyone else with regards to Christmas celebrations , if you want to celebrate Christmas , do it unto the Lord , if you dont , do that unto the Lord !!

Freedom people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
and are you the judge of who those people would be?

it seems you judge by what your eyes see

guess you have no mirrors in your house since you constantly boast of your special ability to follow the OT ever since you got here and do your best to turn every thread for your personal advertisement with regards to same
Well this thread is asking if Christmas is pagan...

I have studied Christmas a lot because finding the truth about it was one of the first things that opened my eyes, I had realized I had been taught a lie and I wanted truth, so I began to study for myself. ''

If I know Christmas is pagan, and someone tells me they do it, then it is clear if they love the Messiah they should not.

Thing is nobody wants to let go of their "golden calf/sacred cow" you know, it's ok to tell a mormon they follow false doctrines, but how dare anyone tell you to let go of your "sacred cow"

Calling a sin what it is a sin is judging a sin, we are supposed to do this, we are not supposed to judge someones final resting place, as we are not the one who decides that and we whould have no way of knowing...

Lol can you quote a single post of mine where I "boast" about anything I do? You climmed I do regularly, it should be easy...