Is Everything God's Will?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Yes God is in control.....and humanity has the right to choose although there will be consequences....Solomon said time and chance happens to everyone and the will of God is defined by his word, Holy Nature and character......
 
Good morning everyone :D
I thought it would be interesting to discuss with you guys the belief of God being in control of everything. One of the most common arguments that people tend to use against the existence of God is "Why is there such pain and suffering in the world if God is in control?" Oftentimes in Irish churches (which tend to be predominantly Catholic) they would say that 'God is mysterious' and leave it at that.
On the contrary, if we say that God is not in control of everything that happens in the world then is he truly an omnipotent God?
So, what do you guys think? Is God in control? Is he not? or is there another explanation entirely?

David
No, not everything is the Lord’s will. I have a choice to do good or do evil. The Lord does not wish for me to do evil, though I have done evil many times. The Lord does know how to fix our mistakes, though.
 
See there I did it again EG! This was concerning your post. You are the only one I keep doing this to! :D

lol.. It must be the "blue" in me :p

Free will means In every aspect of my life, I have choices to make, I have free will to make whatever choice I desire. Whether that choice is beneficial to me or not. And God does not stand in my way. (he can try to block me like he did Jonah, but he will not force me. I have to chose)
 
Without left there is no right, without darkness there is no light and without evil there is no good.
 
Without left there is no right, without darkness there is no light and without evil there is no good.

So, by that logic, will the new heaven not be a 'good' place considering there is no evil there ? I would say that God himself is good no matter the circumstances.
 
So, by that logic, will the new heaven not be a 'good' place considering there is no evil there ? I would say that God himself is good no matter the circumstances.

Our eternal life with God will be nothing but Good... But at the same time the ones cast into the eternal lake of fire will have nothing but bad.. So i guess we could say that there will be an eternal separation of goodness and evil on the day of judgement.. The only question is who will be on what side of that great divide.