IS EVOLUTION WRONG?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 5, 2013
Lol. Even if you have a primary school education (i.e. ~year 7), I think that's sufficient to be able to know that evolution is false. These so-called scientists who preach evolution have clearly been educated beyond their intelligence (or perhaps, more likely, they continue to preach evolution because there will be significant financial cost to them were they to stop).

If a parent really struggles with something whilst homeschooling, God provides 2 parents, a mum and a dad. If both parents really struggle with teaching their children something, there are plenty of other homeschooling parents they can learn from. Why send your kids to a Philistine school to learn pagan fairy tales? How much more science will the children be able to learn, if their heads are not filled with evolutionary just-so tales (i.e. theories)?
I wasn't just speaking about whether an average parents would have sufficient education to know "whether evolution is false"... I was arguing that a homeschooling parent has to teach a variety of subjects, and an uneducated parent will not do as well as educated teachers for this.

But if one is so determined to mis-educate their child, then by all means, why fill their heads with pagan fairy tales when you can fill them with Christian fairy tales?

Aug 5, 2013
The other obvious draw to evolution is that ,hey! It bypasses judgement...what? sin? That's just cultural taboos...death? aw, that's just 'nature' taking her course.
There are natural reasons for morals, such as explained in game theory. If you really want to understand how morals can come about through evolution, then read on... and if you don't or you simply want to deny it, then go ahead and skip the rest of this.

Humans benefit from playing "tit for tat", where one person helps out another in an equal exchange, much like how modern economies work. But it's not always possible to return favors, especially in societies of numerous people and in exchanges that aren't readily weighed or valued... so we have the "free-rider" problem where a person gets favors from others and doesn't return them. To counter this, people have reputations based on their good acts towards others, and that reputation is spread through gossip. If you're a cruel person, then people will avoid you and avoid doing favors for you because there's nothing in it for them.

So what determines "cruelty"? Well, most of the things that are generally seen as "evil" are defined that way because they're things that we want to avoid. We value the truth, so we hate when people lie to us. We value our possessions, so we hate theft. We value our lives, so we hate murderers and other violent people. If you can't see why death is seen as something to be avoid, something more than "just nature taking her course", then you're not even attempting to project your own feelings onto others -- we all have these same feelings, even those of us who don't follow a holy book.

But sometimes things are just cultural taboos. We're against things like human sacrifice because we value human lives, even though we weren't always against that... in fact, the New Testament talks about killing an innocent virgin for the sake of appeasing God's wrath in the form of Jesus. But nowadays the enlightened folk try to avoid such taboos, and we wish you'd stop going on about how great human sacrifice is.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There are natural reasons for morals, such as explained in game theory. If you really want to understand how morals can come about through evolution, then read on... and if you don't or you simply want to deny it, then go ahead and skip the rest of this.

Humans benefit from playing "tit for tat", where one person helps out another in an equal exchange, much like how modern economies work. But it's not always possible to return favors, especially in societies of numerous people and in exchanges that aren't readily weighed or valued... so we have the "free-rider" problem where a person gets favors from others and doesn't return them. To counter this, people have reputations based on their good acts towards others, and that reputation is spread through gossip. If you're a cruel person, then people will avoid you and avoid doing favors for you because there's nothing in it for them.

So what determines "cruelty"? Well, most of the things that are generally seen as "evil" are defined that way because they're things that we want to avoid. We value the truth, so we hate when people lie to us. We value our possessions, so we hate theft. We value our lives, so we hate murderers and other violent people. If you can't see why death is seen as something to be avoid, something more than "just nature taking her course", then you're not even attempting to project your own feelings onto others -- we all have these same feelings, even those of us who don't follow a holy book.

But sometimes things are just cultural taboos. We're against things like human sacrifice because we value human lives, even though we weren't always against that... in fact, the New Testament talks about killing an innocent virgin for the sake of appeasing God's wrath in the form of Jesus. But nowadays the enlightened folk try to avoid such taboos, and we wish you'd stop going on about how great human sacrifice is.
Did the clothing come with the morals or did it come in a separate package?...oh yes, let's throw in language and the animal's fear of man sometime long after the marriage ceremony. Evolution explains nothing but exposes the foolishness of man as he tries to figure out how 'chance' evolved things like brains and eyes... something beyond his figuring out.

L

LT

Why do all standing petrified trees cross multiple sedimentary layers? I thought that each sedimentary layer was indicative of a time period, generally spanning 100s-100,000s of years. The top of the tree should have rotted before it was petrified, or it should all be in the same layer.

Why are each of the sediment layers sorted by density? Shouldn't they be more random? They seem to model exactly what happens when you let mud settle...

Why are so many fossils found crossing through layers? why are they often found in positions that indicate they were buried alive? why do we find so many villages, towns, and even cities buried in the Mediterranean?

Why does every ancient civilization have similar origin stories of a massive flood, even when these civilizations are supposedly unrelated and on different continents? Why do the majority of ancient civilizations have pyramid or pyramid-like structures built as temples?

Why are there fossilized chariot wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea?

Genesis is why.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

letti

I think the Atheist's marvel in these types of threads about evolution.

L

letti

Hey,just change it to evilution and I think we got it.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Lol. Even if you have a primary school education (i.e. ~year 7), I think that's sufficient to be able to know that evolution is false. These so-called scientists who preach evolution have clearly been educated beyond their intelligence (or perhaps, more likely, they continue to preach evolution because there will be significant financial cost to them were they to stop).

If a parent really struggles with something whilst homeschooling, God provides 2 parents, a mum and a dad. If both parents really struggle with teaching their children something, there are plenty of other homeschooling parents they can learn from. Why send your kids to a Philistine school to learn pagan fairy tales? How much more science will the children be able to learn, if their heads are not filled with evolutionary just-so tales (i.e. theories)?
t t t
Technically GOD says even to the totally uneducated, Creation is obvious.

Romans 1:18-20 (HCSB)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness
of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth,
[SUP]19 [/SUP]since what can be known about God is evident among them,
because God has shown it to them
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature,
have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood
through what He has made
. As a result, people are without excuse.

Romans 1:22 (HCSB)
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Claiming to be wise, they became fools.

Last edited:

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Why do all standing petrified trees cross multiple sedimentary layers? I thought that each sedimentary layer was indicative of a time period, generally spanning 100s-100,000s of years. The top of the tree should have rotted before it was petrified, or it should all be in the same layer.

Why are each of the sediment layers sorted by density? Shouldn't they be more random? They seem to model exactly what happens when you let mud settle...

Why are so many fossils found crossing through layers? why are they often found in positions that indicate they were buried alive? why do we find so many villages, towns, and even cities buried in the Mediterranean?

Why does every ancient civilization have similar origin stories of a massive flood, even when these civilizations are supposedly unrelated and on different continents? Why do the majority of ancient civilizations have pyramid or pyramid-like structures built as temples?

Why are there fossilized chariot wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea?

Genesis is why.
I used to debate on a couple other sites, ran into a lot of people on the evolutionist band wagon. One was a Geology major in college and she heated argued there was NO evidance of the Biblical Flood, because it is all a lie. Her wisdom failed to impress me, because as a young farm boy growing up in the middle of Nebraska, I followed my Grandpa as he deepened the ditch with his County Road Maintainer. I was picking up worms to go fishing, and found that he had uncovered in the deepest part of the ditch a layer of fossilized sea shells.

S

Sanashankar

SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION,BUT THEY BELIEVE IN GOD TOO,IS IT WRONG?
IN MY OPINION,IF YOU BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IN GOD EVEN THOUGH YOU ''SAY'' THAT YOU BELIEVE IN GOD
YOU ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE,GOD ?OR EVOLUTION?
I KNOW,OUR SCIENCE TEXTBOOK TEACH US EVOLUTION IS TRUE ,BUT THAT'S SCIENTIST'S VIEWS,NOT GOD!
GOD IS THE CREATOR ,BUT NOT ANIMAL OR OTHER
GOD HATE EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION IS A FALSE TEACHING AND ANTICHRIST
SO, WHAT ARE YOU THINK ABOUT EVOLUTION?
In Genesis we see God created everything "after its kind"...

we know there are other animals that have some similarity in form to man like the chimpanzees and other ape type animals, but the Scripture says that God created man as a different species, animals are much lesser than humans and always have been and that line cannot be crossed. Scientist want to say man evolved from animal, but that Scripture states that is not so. We can see that God created different species only after there own "kind,"

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after its kind, cattle, and creepers, and its beasts of the earth after its kind; and it was so.
v. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth after its kind, and cattle after their kind, and all creepers upon the earth after their kind. And God saw that it was good.

Mar 4, 2013
If the evolution of all things "was" true (heavy on the "was") it stopped before I was born, because I've never seen an apelike creature change into a human. But then again, maybe there have been only physical changes, without the brain, being involved. My wife gets after me all the time for my facetious comments, sorry. That’s just-me, or I am just-me, oh…. Forget that, you could see that before I said that.

Anyway, "is evolution wrong?" really shouldn't be the question as much as a statement. Take a mule for example, they can't conceive another mule. When we look at the changing of anything God created, we are in a sinful state, for there isn't any future in it because it's not the plan.
Romans 2:14 (KJV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP]For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: see post# 230 and 231 http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/75914-falling-away-12.html

Where I'm coming from, is that there is a law of nature that cannot be changed. You live with its perfection or you die an early death. Nothing God has ever said or done has ever changed, and it never will. It's established, and if we try to take away from this establishment, or add to it, even in thought, we are in sin. Creation is one of those things. The reason God cannot lie is because everything He says comes true if it isn't in existence before hand. When He says "Let there be," then it is.

There's a lot of changing going on by the misinterpretation of the truth of God's Word. Christians have turned a blind eye to a lot of creational truth as the generations have passed. It goes nowhere and now shockingly enough we are in the falling away. The Bible tells us what comes next. Not meaning to come off as judgmental, but shouldn't we be concentrating on the falling away from the truth rather than questioning creation? I do see a benefit though. I have a question. What is the best, and most truthful answer toward a person that is trying to prove evolution?

C

Careen

[video=youtube;U0u3-2CGOMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ[/video]

that's truth !

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I think the Atheist's marvel in these types of threads about evolution.
No, they ATTACK. I have dealt with them a lot on TOPIX Christian Forum and a few on Bible-Discussion.com. They have no idea why someone just claiming to believe GOD created everything, infuriates them so much. On TOPIX especially, they had very few rules, or at least very few were ever enforced. I was called all kinds of names, just because I stood up for Gen. 1:1 and said I believe that is absolute TRUTH. Some became so angry at me that I could easily picture them foaming at the mouth. TOPIX Christian Forum is almost a joke, because more atheists, evolutionists, and agnostics post there than Christians.

K

Kerry

To the OP. ​YES

cavil51

Mar 30, 2012
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION,BUT THEY BELIEVE IN GOD TOO,IS IT WRONG?
IN MY OPINION,IF YOU BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IN GOD EVEN THOUGH YOU ''SAY'' THAT YOU BELIEVE IN GOD
YOU ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE,GOD ?OR EVOLUTION?
I KNOW,OUR SCIENCE TEXTBOOK TEACH US EVOLUTION IS TRUE ,BUT THAT'S SCIENTIST'S VIEWS,NOT GOD!
GOD IS THE CREATOR ,BUT NOT ANIMAL OR OTHER
GOD HATE EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION IS A FALSE TEACHING AND ANTICHRIST
SO, WHAT ARE YOU THINK ABOUT EVOLUTION?
Careen
A B S O L U T E L Y - EVOLUTION IS WRONG!

YOUR POST, LITTLE SISTER, SUCH A BLESSING!

You remind me of Matthew 21:16
They asked Jesus, "Do you hear what these children are saying?" "Yes," Jesus replied. "Haven't you ever read the Scriptures? For they say, 'You have taught children and infants to give you praise.'"
So long as there are still youth like you, Careen, there is hope for this world.

N E V E R give up your beliefs.

Psalm 115:14May the LORD richly bless both you and your children.
Cavil

C

Careen

There is so many why in evolution ... but you have to know the answer is in the words of God (The Scripture)