Is God for real? Can you prove it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 17, 2018
I had a chat with an atheist quite some time ago. It was a very interesting and yet a heated conversation. I had posted an image on Instagram which compared the sequence of the creation in the bible and the sequence in the big bang theory. I received many positive comments. But this one person had started a conversation which then went on as an argument but ended up very friendly.
He started off saying the bible isn't accurate and that the God of the bible doesn't exist and that these were man made stories. He debated that if God created sun, moon, stars on day 4, how can there be plants on day 3?
I replied God created light on day 1 and so there were some energy of the light spectrum still there that may have caused their growth. Also God is light Himself. That is the faith I have. With God all things are possible I said. When God said let there be light even before sun, moon and stars were created, the science says so too that there was light first just after the big bang before the sun, moon, stars came into existence, where argument becomes weak.
https://medium.com/starts-with-a-ba...-the-first-light-in-the-universe-8a985cb5f02b

My statement was this. Bible is the true Word of God. In the beginning God created the heaven and earth. If the bible says so then I believe that as it says. Before everything came into existence God was there. For He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He is Omnipotent Omnipresent God. God created man in His own image. He is a Loving God yet He is a Just God who judges righteously both the living and the dead. Hence He came after us even after the fall of mankind in the garden of Eden, by giving His only begotten Son for the salvation of entire mankind. This is what true love is. For very rarely someone dies for a righteous person but here Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners. There is no greater Love than to lay down your life for someone. And that is what Jesus did. He died on the cross for you and me, for our sins he hung on that cross and He rose again on the third day witnessed by many, ascended into the heaven and is coming back soon.
The entire bible is a narrative of Gods plan for mankind. Its a historical book which talks about the major kingdoms that ruled the world and is so accurate to every detail when compared with that of the secular history. Its a prophetical book of which most of the prophecies have been fulfilled except a few more.

Big bang theory says from no where the universe came into existence. Is that even possible for real? If you (atheist friend I was conversing with) have parked your car in the garage and and go to bed, the next day when you go to work wont you find the car in the garage? Or you can tell me that I don't know where the car came from but its just there somehow. Now that is a lie is it not? Bible says God created the heaven and earth. So I know for sure. But this is just a theory which came in from few centuries ago by finite man. I would rather believe the Bible which is the written word of God giving account of events since 6000 years ago by an Infinite Almighty God.

If there is a creature there must be a creator. I say God is real as every living creature, the universe, mountain, ocean, trees are a proof of His creation work. They testify about God Himself. So where is the proof of non existence of God? Can it be proved? I don't think so.

The evolution theory says man evolved from monkeys. But Bible says God created mankind and all animals birds and insects. So if supposing the theory is correct, why hasn't man evolved into a new creature yet? So this is contradicting itself.

The definition of Theory in wiki - " A theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or the results of such thinking".
Theories are man made. They are not proved yet. Finite man is here today but vanishes tomorrow. Why would I believe what a man says and not God ? I believe the 100% truth of the bible and its accuracy which is from God Himself.

As a closing statement i told my atheist friend, " Alright dear friend and brother. If suppose I am wrong about God is real, in the end when I die I am not gonna lose anything because according to you there is no heaven and hell and hence no accountability. But, if you are wrong, and I am correct, that there is one true God and He is gonna judge every soul either to eternal life or eternal damnation, and that heaven and hell is real..then you are gonna be the loser without the salvation message of Jesus Christ in the bible. Hope someday the Lord speaks to you and touches you brother and friend."
Next thing came out surprising to me as he said "of all the people of the bible I have spoken or debated with you were patient and very friendly and I really enjoyed talking to you."
I praised God for that brother that night before going to bed as the incident moved me very much. I prayed that his eyes maybe opened to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel someday. For we only plant the seeds but it is God who brings forth the fruits in them.

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"God is...'I Am That I Am'. With that truth, each individual has a choice...choose wisely!"
'Praise God'

Attachments

Sep 17, 2018
"God is...'I Am That I Am'. With that truth, each individual has a choice...choose wisely!"
'Praise God'
Yes Amen. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. He chose us even before He laid the foundations of the world. We are the work of His hands. Glory be to God!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Here is the best proof for God there is.
This proof turned a life long atheist philosopher before he died into a theist.

Take one psalm 119. Print it out on a sheets of paper.
Now imagine you say out of the sky this appears on your lap.
Would a sane person say this was created randomly by chance and the whole of creation existed to
bring this about by its own means, or an intelligent being put it together and created it?

Of course the answer is a person wrote and printed it out and put it in your lap.

Now the basis for life, the simplest organisms are 500,000 combinations of DNA molecules.
This is a book hundreds of pages long. And the atheists believe this came about by chance.

Just to produce psalm 119 randomly would take more years than their are atoms in the universe,
so life is even more impossible. Now this is not idle speculation but mathematical reality, it is
impossible.

What makes existence even more created rather than random is the universal constants

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"From this side of the 'glass'....is it not disturbing to notice the omission of many that appear to have
no personal testimony of how God has inspired their life. Does this not present a troublesome 'faith'.
It would appear intellectual worldly 'thinking' in regards to interpretation and scripture 'knowledge'
for self-justification or social media acclaim is the main objection......one must wonder if preoccupied
with attempts of interpreting scriptue has left a void of inner spiritual awareness. Would it not be
sensible and expected, when ones life has been exalted by applying the teachings of Christ, an individual
would rejoice in proclaiming how grateful and humble in their sharing how God's 'inspiration' has changed or
helped enhance their attitude and behavior in their life, here in the now. Make no mistake, Bible
study lessons are of great value, more so should an individual earnestly strive to apply the 'instructions'
of the lesson in their personal life, and acquire the spiritual capacity to display their love of God,
in helping lost souls to also experience a spiritual closeness within, of Christ our Lord God. For of
ones inner peace of well being...'Christ In Us'...the highest pinnacle of life here in the now...
of God's glory to share unto others...that our 'light' shall shine to inspire for the desire of God".

'Praise God'...I'M Alive...I'M Alive...I'M Alive! ....:)

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"From this side of the 'glass'....is it not disturbing to notice the omission of many that appear to have
no personal testimony of how God has inspired their life. Does this not present a troublesome 'faith'.
It would appear intellectual worldly 'thinking' in regards to interpretation and scripture 'knowledge'
for self-justification or social media acclaim is the main objective...one must wonder if preoccupied
with attempts of interpreting scripture has left a void of inner spiritual awareness. Would it not be
sensible and expected, when ones life has been exalted by applying the teachings of Christ, an individual
would rejoice in proclaiming how grateful and humble in their sharing how God's 'inspiration' has changed or
helped enhance their attitude and behavior in their life, here in the now. Make no mistake, Bible
study lessons are of great value, more so should an individual earnestly strive to apply the 'instructions'
of the lesson in their personal life, and acquire the spiritual capacity to display their love of God,
in helping lost souls to also experience a spiritual closeness within, of Christ our Lord God. For of
ones inner peace of well being...'Christ In Us'...the highest pinnacle of life here in the now...
of God's glory to share unto others...that our 'light' shall shine to inspire for the desire of God".

Attachments

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Is God real? Yes

Can you prove it? No

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Ty. Yea we walk by faith not by sight!! PTL.
Well.... Let me say this..

1) I cannot prove the existence of God to another person..
2) No other person can prove the non-existence of God to me..
3) But God Himself can prove His existence to anyone He so desires to prove Himself too..

I know God exists..

Sep 17, 2018
for self-justification or social media acclaim is the main objection......one must wonder if preoccupied
with attempts of interpreting scriptue has left a void of inner spiritual awareness. Would it not be

Yes Amen. By Grace we stand now before the throne of God. He lifted us up from the miry clay. I am forever indebted to His love on the cross. We need to love our neighbor as ourselves. Bless those who curse us. Shine the light of gospel to the dark world. PTL
Well.... Let me say this..

1) I cannot prove the existence of God to another person..
2) No other person can prove the non-existence of God to me..
3) But God Himself can prove His existence to anyone He so desires to prove Himself too..

I know God exists..
That's wonderful. Yes that's it. Isn't it amazing? Great and marvelous are His works!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I had a chat with an atheist quite some time ago. It was a very interesting and yet a heated conversation. I had posted an image on Instagram which compared the sequence of the creation in the bible and the sequence in the big bang theory. I received many positive comments. But this one person had started a conversation which then went on as an argument but ended up very friendly.
He started off saying the bible isn't accurate and that the God of the bible doesn't exist and that these were man made stories. He debated that if God created sun, moon, stars on day 4, how can there be plants on day 3?
I replied God created light on day 1 and so there were some energy of the light spectrum still there that may have caused their growth. Also God is light Himself. That is the faith I have. With God all things are possible I said. When God said let there be light even before sun, moon and stars were created, the science says so too that there was light first just after the big bang before the sun, moon, stars came into existence, where argument becomes weak.
https://medium.com/starts-with-a-ba...-the-first-light-in-the-universe-8a985cb5f02b

My statement was this. Bible is the true Word of God. In the beginning God created the heaven and earth. If the bible says so then I believe that as it says. Before everything came into existence God was there. For He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He is Omnipotent Omnipresent God. God created man in His own image. He is a Loving God yet He is a Just God who judges righteously both the living and the dead. Hence He came after us even after the fall of mankind in the garden of Eden, by giving His only begotten Son for the salvation of entire mankind. This is what true love is. For very rarely someone dies for a righteous person but here Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners. There is no greater Love than to lay down your life for someone. And that is what Jesus did. He died on the cross for you and me, for our sins he hung on that cross and He rose again on the third day witnessed by many, ascended into the heaven and is coming back soon.
The entire bible is a narrative of Gods plan for mankind. Its a historical book which talks about the major kingdoms that ruled the world and is so accurate to every detail when compared with that of the secular history. Its a prophetical book of which most of the prophecies have been fulfilled except a few more.

Big bang theory says from no where the universe came into existence. Is that even possible for real? If you (atheist friend I was conversing with) have parked your car in the garage and and go to bed, the next day when you go to work wont you find the car in the garage? Or you can tell me that I don't know where the car came from but its just there somehow. Now that is a lie is it not? Bible says God created the heaven and earth. So I know for sure. But this is just a theory which came in from few centuries ago by finite man. I would rather believe the Bible which is the written word of God giving account of events since 6000 years ago by an Infinite Almighty God.

If there is a creature there must be a creator. I say God is real as every living creature, the universe, mountain, ocean, trees are a proof of His creation work. They testify about God Himself. So where is the proof of non existence of God? Can it be proved? I don't think so.

The evolution theory says man evolved from monkeys. But Bible says God created mankind and all animals birds and insects. So if supposing the theory is correct, why hasn't man evolved into a new creature yet? So this is contradicting itself.

The definition of Theory in wiki - " A theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or the results of such thinking".
Theories are man made. They are not proved yet. Finite man is here today but vanishes tomorrow. Why would I believe what a man says and not God ? I believe the 100% truth of the bible and its accuracy which is from God Himself.

As a closing statement i told my atheist friend, " Alright dear friend and brother. If suppose I am wrong about God is real, in the end when I die I am not gonna lose anything because according to you there is no heaven and hell and hence no accountability. But, if you are wrong, and I am correct, that there is one true God and He is gonna judge every soul either to eternal life or eternal damnation, and that heaven and hell is real..then you are gonna be the loser without the salvation message of Jesus Christ in the bible. Hope someday the Lord speaks to you and touches you brother and friend."
Next thing came out surprising to me as he said "of all the people of the bible I have spoken or debated with you were patient and very friendly and I really enjoyed talking to you."
I praised God for that brother that night before going to bed as the incident moved me very much. I prayed that his eyes maybe opened to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel someday. For we only plant the seeds but it is God who brings forth the fruits in them.

You are basically talking to a dead person. We ALL were spiritually dead until conversion. He is NOT capable of understanding Spiritual things. Best to give him the Gospel, love him, pray for him, show him Christ in you. If and when he becomes born again, THEN these apologetics might have value:

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Is God for real? Yes!
Does God "strive" with a man's spirit in convincing a man that He is for real? No!
Is the adversary for real? Yes!
Does the adversary strive with a man's spirit in convincing a man that God is not for real? Relentlessly!

Sep 17, 2018

Would a sane person say this was created randomly by chance and the whole of creation existed to
bring this about by its own means, or an intelligent being put it together and created it?

Of course the answer is a person wrote and printed it out and put it in your lap.

Now the basis for life, the simplest organisms are 500,000 combinations of DNA molecules.
This is a book hundreds of pages long. And the atheists believe this came about by chance.

Just to produce psalm 119 randomly would take more years than their are atoms in the universe,
so life is even more impossible. Now this is not idle speculation but mathematical reality, it is
impossible.

What makes existence even more created rather than random is the universal constants

Thank you. That was well said. Awesome explanation. I really enjoyed the video. How wonderfully the necessity and chance was ruled out amazed me. The intelligent design fits well enough scientifically. I enjoyed your post. Ty.
The heaven and the earth are the work of His hands. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. PTL.

Sep 17, 2018
You are basically talking to a dead person. We ALL were spiritually dead until conversion. He is NOT capable of understanding Spiritual things. Best to give him the Gospel, love him, pray for him, show him Christ in you. If and when he becomes born again, THEN these apologetics might have value:

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Yes Amen. We were dead once but now we are alive in Christ Jesus. Paul had the burden for lost souls. It is not for us to convert a person. We sow the seeds and water it, but it is God who make them grow to produce fruits. At the end of the day, yes your right if He wasn't chosen of the Father, it will be foolishness to that person who is spiritually dead.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Reality is nothing more than the understanding in the mind.
So many things are real but don't exist or so many things exist but are not real. So many things are real/exist with no evidence.

For instance; is darkness real and what's the evidence for its existence? is silence real and what's the evidence for its existence. I know for sure, these are some of the preexisting conditions before big-bang.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The scientists are right but they got the timetable messed up.

There is a big bang, but its not at the beginning of the universe, its at the END:

2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Sep 17, 2018
The scientists are right but they got the timetable messed up.

There is a big bang, but its not at the beginning of the universe, its at the END:

2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Yes. So true. With nuclear weapons this is truly possible. This prophecy is soon to be fulfilled.

E

eternally-gratefull

About creation

1, God created the earth for man, The stars for man, And the sun for man. If God created all these things for man, And he has the power to take from nothing and make it into the cosmos we see, Then God has the power to make the earth in a mature state able to sustain man, With the stars of heaven and sun all in a matter of a few days.

2. As for science. The global catastrophic flood answers all if not most scientific questions about what we witness on the globe.

3. If you want to disprove God. No amount of scientific evidence will ever convince you otherwise. As paul said in romans 1. They have suppressed the truth. Because they did not want to know him.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [i]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [j]men, leaving the natural use of the [k]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [l]sexual immorality, wickedness, [m]covetousness, [n]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [o]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [p]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

impossible.

This is actually mathematically poor argument. It assumes that books are written and/or molecular chemistry goes on under a uniform probability distribution. i.e. every combination of letters is equally likely or every orientation of two molecules to each other. This is false assumption. For example, if you have the letter q in English in a string of letters that represents a word, it is not just as likely the next letter is z or f as it is the next letter is u. Almost 100% the next letter is u. If you have a molecule with a negative pole you aren't going to find it oriented to an adjacent molecule next to a negative pole on it, it will be drawn to a positive pole.

These aren't completely random events. That's a false characterization of their origins and completely ignores observed characteristics of the universe: the ubiquity of law.

Sep 17, 2018
About creation

1, God created the earth for man, The stars for man, And the sun for man. If God created all these things for man, And he has the power to take from nothing and make it into the cosmos we see, Then God has the power to make the earth in a mature state able to sustain man, With the stars of heaven and sun all in a matter of a few days.

2. As for science. The global catastrophic flood answers all if not most scientific questions about what we witness on the globe.

3. If you want to disprove God. No amount of scientific evidence will ever convince you otherwise. As paul said in romans 1. They have suppressed the truth. Because they did not want to know him.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [i]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [j]men, leaving the natural use of the [k]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [l]sexual immorality, wickedness, [m]covetousness, [n]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [o]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [p]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
Thank you. I love those verses too. Romans 1;19-23 which explains it all.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
And these atheist scientists can come up with many theories about the origin of universe, species etc and deny the existence of God, professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
For who can fathom the unreachable knowledge of God?
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools.