Is it a sin to drink alcohol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
These are advice given to a son in Proverbs yes.

The levite priesthood wasnt to have alcohol

The Bible also says things such as:

Deuteronomy 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Two priest that was drinking wine.
LEV 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
10:2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
10:3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This [is it] that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.
10:4 And Moses called Mishael and Elzaphan, the sons of Uzziel the uncle of Aaron, and said unto them, Come near, carry your brethren from before the sanctuary out of the camp.
10:5 So they went near, and carried them in their coats out of the camp; as Moses had said.
10:6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.
10:7 And ye shall not go out from the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: for the anointing oil of the LORD [is] upon you. And they did according to the word of Moses.
10:8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,
10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations:

There again, even if we twist the wine into grape juice, the strong drink is still there. What is the strong drink in your opinion? Strong apple juice?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

do you think it is o k for a women to wear pants? are you one of those??

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Waiting for you to adress
Deuteronomy 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

What is the strong drink? And I already said yes, levite priests couldnt drink wine.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
do you think it is o k for a women to wear pants? are you one of those??
Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Pertaineth dose not mean they are alike. Pertaineth means looks similar to each other.
If they Didn't put DRESSES ON the WOMEMS BATHROOMS HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WITCH one to go
in the way women & man wear their HAIR NOW. GOD is
telling the woman TO wear CLOTHS that SHOW THAT they are A WOMAN, HE wanted the man
and the WOMAN to know by their cloths SHOULD SHOW that they
ARE a man or A woman !!! BY THEIR CLOTHES
And a woman looks a lot better in A dress.
GOD BLESS YOU as GOD sees FIT FOR YOU. And take you by your hand and guide you in HIS
straight PATH FOR YOU.

When I was young, I don't believe there was but 1 woman out of 200 to 300 that wear pants, and none wear them to GODs HOUSE, that I ever remember, I saw my mom go from DRESSES to pants, And against how she brought US up, And what the BIBLE SAYS ABOUT IT, I guess that is why it bothers me so, And I hated it to. I tried To talk to Her about it, And tried to tell her what the BIBLE said about IT, And I had one of the BEST Mom's out there, But she had a very pure excuse, When she died in the pants, Well it still bother me,
You mite try to say these thing don't apply to us today, DON'T BE FOOLED, GOD DOSE NOT CHANGE, IF YOUR GOD HAS CHANGE, THEN HE IS NOT THE ONE TRUE GOD, OR THE ONE TRUE JESUS. THE TRUE GOD IS THE SAME YESERDAY & TODAY & FOR EVER. IF GOD CHANGES HOW COULD WE TRUST HIM.
you mite be saved today and lost tomorrow because your god changed, MINE DOSE NOT CHANGE. PRAISE GOD, THE GOD OF CREATION, THE ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. AND LORD JESUS CHRIST. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AS GOD SEES FIT FOR EACH ONE OF YOU. A Letter THAT A CHIISTIAN Lady sent me. I ask to put on here,
elinor350 Hello William,
I enjoyed reading your profile, as you shared many good truths and scriptures. And you are right, I do have a conviction from GOD to wear my
hair long as a covering and to dress modestly. No one told me to do this but the Spirit of GOD when I read the BIBLE. And you are also right
that very few Christian women live according to this. I don't take any glory for it. I just know that GOD has called me to this, and I feel His
blessing in it. After all, as I'm sure you know, it says that we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
So thank you for your acknowledging this, as it seems like very few men or women care or notice. But I live to please the Lord. And He is good
to give us encouragement, like He has given me through you.
I pray that the Lord would bless you with just the right Christian woman. However, I know that is not me. I live far away in North Idaho, and
I plan to move back to Texas in the not-too-far-future.
Blessings,

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man
put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Are you wearing a robe every day? If not, you are sinning... according to you!

Such is the ridiculousness of law pushers. They cannot even see their own hypocrisy.

Don't forget to don your shawl ;)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Pertaineth dose not mean they are alike. Pertaineth means looks similar to each other.
If they Didn't put DRESSES ON the WOMEMS BATHROOMS HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WITCH one to go
in the way women & man wear their HAIR NOW. GOD is
telling the woman TO wear CLOTHS that SHOW THAT they are A WOMAN, HE wanted the man
and the WOMAN to know by their cloths SHOULD SHOW that they
ARE a man or A woman !!! BY THEIR CLOTHES
And a woman looks a lot better in A dress.
GOD BLESS YOU as GOD sees FIT FOR YOU. And take you by your hand and guide you in HIS
straight PATH FOR YOU.

When I was young, I don't believe there was but 1 woman out of 200 to 300 that wear pants, and none wear them to GODs HOUSE, that I ever remember, I saw my mom go from DRESSES to pants, And against how she brought US up, And what the BIBLE SAYS ABOUT IT, I guess that is why it bothers me so, And I hated it to. I tried To talk to Her about it, And tried to tell her what the BIBLE said about IT, And I had one of the BEST Mom's out there, But she had a very pure excuse, When she died in the pants, Well it still bother me,
You mite try to say these thing don't apply to us today, DON'T BE FOOLED, GOD DOSE NOT CHANGE, IF YOUR GOD HAS CHANGE, THEN HE IS NOT THE ONE TRUE GOD, OR THE ONE TRUE JESUS. THE TRUE GOD IS THE SAME YESERDAY & TODAY & FOR EVER. IF GOD CHANGES HOW COULD WE TRUST HIM.
you mite be saved today and lost tomorrow because your god changed, MINE DOSE NOT CHANGE. PRAISE GOD, THE GOD OF CREATION, THE ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. AND LORD JESUS CHRIST. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AS GOD SEES FIT FOR EACH ONE OF YOU. A Letter THAT A CHIISTIAN Lady sent me. I ask to put on here,
elinor350 Hello William,
I enjoyed reading your profile, as you shared many good truths and scriptures. And you are right, I do have a conviction from GOD to wear my
hair long as a covering and to dress modestly. No one told me to do this but the Spirit of GOD when I read the BIBLE. And you are also right
that very few Christian women live according to this. I don't take any glory for it. I just know that GOD has called me to this, and I feel His
blessing in it. After all, as I'm sure you know, it says that we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
So thank you for your acknowledging this, as it seems like very few men or women care or notice. But I live to please the Lord. And He is good
to give us encouragement, like He has given me through you.
I pray that the Lord would bless you with just the right Christian woman. However, I know that is not me. I live far away in North Idaho, and
I plan to move back to Texas in the not-too-far-future.
Blessings,
so you are one of those.

o.k. moving on, nothing to see here. just a bunch of religious noise with no merit or value.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Waiting for you to adress

What is the strong drink? And I already said yes, levite priests couldnt drink wine.
Strong drink is Mountain Dew.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Because regular grape juice didnt exist at the time. Technology doesnt allow for it. Its a recent development.
Freshly squeezed grape juice didn't exist? That's not true. Kings had cup bearer's that could place a cluster of grapes in a winepress and capture freshly squeezed juice from the cluster. Kings could have fresh juice at will.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
...xox...

John146

Jan 13, 2016
About every time I give Scriptures, I get the reply of what people think,
We will be judge by what the BIBLE says, not by the thoughts that Satan puts in our minds.
Does not the BIBLE say Luke For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Luke 12:34
You should know by now that people will justify the means. People want to drink alcohol.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
right. where your treasure is, your heart will be.

my treasure is Jesus, and His precious and priceless gift of salvation.

your treasure is rules, Sabbath keeping, do's and don't's

you push religion. i push salvation through Christ.

you are pushing the wrong thing.
Pants was MADE for MAN, My sister said She check to see, My other sister said that She ask GOD to show Her About wearing pants, And GOD showed Her not to wear them, and she don't wear them no more, All you got to do to see that pants is made for A man is just go back a 70 years, It was not only the Christian women that wear dresses , But even the whores, and about every woman had their dresses on. How many man do you see wearing, women are acting a lot like man now, and man like women. But that is what Satan does is tries to twist every thing a round, GOD HELP US ALL. Or just go to A mans bathroom and see the pants, ang to the womenms and you will see a DRESS, it is as simple as that.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The Bible tells us Jesus, God in the flesh, made a new covenant with us, the old things have passed away.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Does this sound like a good time? Does this sound like something Christians should be partaking in? Should Christians cause others to stumble?

83% of all fire deaths are alcohol related
68% of all drowning is alcohol related
80% of all suicides are alcohol related
40% of all industrial accidents are alcohol related
86% of all murders are alcohol related
65% of all child abuse cases are alcohol related

The leading cause of mental retardation is alcohol consumption.
25,000 Americans die every year due to alcohol related car crashes.
17,000,000 Americans are alcoholics.
Americans spend over 50 Billion dollars a year on alcohol.
20,000 Americans die every year from someone else's alcohol consumption.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Pants was MADE for MAN, My sister said She check to see, My other sister said that She ask GOD to show Her About wearing pants, And GOD showed Her not to wear them, and she don't wear them no more, All you got to do to see that pants is made for A man is just go back a 70 years, It was not only the Christian women that wear dresses , But even the whores, and about every woman had their dresses on. How many man do you see wearing, women are acting a lot like man now, and man like women. But that is what Satan does is tries to twist every thing a round, GOD HELP US ALL. Or just go to A mans bathroom and see the pants, ang to the womenms and you will see a DRESS, it is as simple as that.
Are you wearing your robe right now, sinner William? And shawl?

I do not get my clothing choices' cues from public bathroom doors ;)

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
so you are one of those.

o.k. moving on, nothing to see here. just a bunch of religious noise with no merit or value.
If you don't want to see GOD WORD, as merit or value, then these would mean nothing ,

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Does this sound like a good time? Does this sound like something Christians should be partaking in? Should Christians cause others to stumble?

83% of all fire deaths are alcohol related
68% of all drowning is alcohol related
80% of all suicides are alcohol related
40% of all industrial accidents are alcohol related
86% of all murders are alcohol related
65% of all child abuse cases are alcohol related

The leading cause of mental retardation is alcohol consumption.
25,000 Americans die every year due to alcohol related car crashes.
17,000,000 Americans are alcoholics.
Americans spend over 50 Billion dollars a year on alcohol.
20,000 Americans die every year from someone else's alcohol consumption.
95% of statistics are made up on the stop to fool and mislead the sheeple
Just look at the goats who disclaim what Emmanuel, God with us, taught.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014

Such is the ridiculousness of law pushers. They cannot even see their own hypocrisy.

Don't forget to don your shawl ;)
Ah yes. The tassels and threads need to be all in place. Why only keep one but not the other, I thought the argument was that the law never changed?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Ah yes. The tassels and threads need to be all in place. Why only keep one but not the other, I thought the argument was that the law never changed?
Yes, Paul was clear if we go back to the law that could not be kept we must attempt to keep the whole law, not just pick and choose like the day of the week to worship.
Christ came to free us from the law, and He has freed His Own.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
95% of statistics are made up on the stop to fool and mislead the sheeple
Just look at the goats who disclaim what Emmanuel, God with us, taught.
A big part of when drinking is involved something bad happens also.
The BIBLE makes plain for those that really want to Know drinking, It is just like divorce GOD meant for US to just Marry one time, But because of mans hardness of the heart, He aloud it to be in the handwritings of Moses, That was nailed to the Cross, And we will haft to meat the hardness of our hearts in the JUDGEMENT, But if we wait that lont to try to correct our self, then it will be to late, Let us really think And search our HEARTS. 5555 (3)1.png