Is it a sin to watch the Super Bowl on the LORD's Day?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it a sin to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday?

• Yes, it is a sin objectively.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, it is not a sin, whether it violates your conscience or not.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, it is not a sin objectively, but only if it violates your conscience

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I see no issues with watching a game for entertainment. Of course other's may differ with regards to that. It would also depend on if a person obverses the sabbath or not.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
Aerials1978,
re: "It would also depend on if a person obverses the sabbath or not."

Which wouldn't matter anyway since the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week. The Super Bowl is always held on the 1st day of the week.

Nov 16, 2019
UnitedWithChrist,
re: "...it is plain that the Holy Spirit is a distinct Person..."

Not that it necessarily means anything of course, but with regard to the Trinity, I think it's interesting to note that Paul never once includes the Holy Spirit in any of his letter's salutations.
He ended one this way:

"14May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." - 2 Corinthians 13:14

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
No. Super Bowl was Sunday this year. No problem being an issue on Sabbath.
I did see the end of the game btw. KC underdogs deserved that win. Back to back TD's and a SB victory after 50 years. Congratulations team! And what a QB! That arm was a canon.