Is it biblical to attend Church every Sunday?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
As you know, we have changed our day of rest in our modern societies to Sunday, so we keep Sunday holy as the seventh day even though it is the first day in our working week. I don't think the Lord minds which day it is as long as we make one day holy to rest and to recharge our batteries and to assemble and build each other up for the week ahead. That is what church is for, building up.We should go to church prepared and with the expectancy of God using us, if it is with a word of encouragement, picture or a song or to great, serve coffee or put out the chairs. We should not get hung up on the name of the day but make sure we take a day to rest and assemble with the saints.
You realize that in the 18th and 19th Centuries people were very stern about the Ten Commandments. That is why they are posted in so many public places built during that time. They truly believed the Sabbath was Sunday and they even instigated blue laws to be sure businesses closed on Sunday. Many of those laws exists in certain states even today.

The Roman Catholics hijacked Christianity and replaced it with a counterfeit one. This was done under a pagan emperor turned Christian (Constantine - Council of Nicea in 325). This was about the time the Catholic Church was forming. Being the Sabbath was a sign (mark) commandment (see Ex. 31:13, 17) Satan was very quick to replace it. The RCC went on to change times and laws like the fourth beast in Daniel 7:14-28. When the Protestant Movement broke away from the Catholics they carried the wrong Sabbath and many other false teachings.

Religion was kept in the dark ages and resembles little of what we hold on to today. As the world became literate and Bibles and other books became common because of the printing press (1439). We didn't even believe Christ was returning to earth until the 1840s with the Adventist Movement. We didn't believe gifts of the Spirit still existed until the Pentecostal Movement (circa 1900). We are finding our way back from centuries of misinformation the beast has perpetrated.

animated flower34.gif in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Then the question is.WHO rules and guides your hearts..you will NOT go astray if its Gods..in our carnal minds and hearts yes..prone to stray.

And there was a REASON that those 10 commandments were made in the OT..but there was also animal sacrifes and such as well..are we supposed to just abide by the 10 commandments and forego what Christ acvomplished on the cross? THE CROSS changed a LOT of "rules" but like i said..some are still stuck in the OT traditions...
Jewel, God's 10 Commandments are not a tradition or something to be lumped in with the commandments contained in ordinances/works/rituals which have been fulfilled by Christ Eph 2v25, Col 2v14. GOD's 10 Commandments are spiritual and eternal , holy, just and good. Rom 7, and for all time GOD HIMself separated them at SINAI when HE spoke them personally but added no more Deut 5(v22) Ex 20. the rest were given through Moses.

R

Ralph-

people like ralph and beta blame the catholic church for anything they do not like.
You, along with so many other Protestants, do not realize how the decisions that the early Catholic church made are why you do what you do. Do your homework. Find out for yourself.

the catholic church has done some bad things, but believers were already meeting on the first day of the week . the catholics just made it official.
Good. Apparently, you noted the word 'official' in my post.

The Catholics are the ones who literally made it illegal to observe a Saturday Sabbath and made it so you must meet on Sunday. That is why we Protestants meet on Sunday's and think that we do it because that's the way God made it. Not even remotely true. Do your homework.

now, as far as Ralph's church goes, he has stated himself that they judge a person's behavior, and decide who can come and who can't based on that.

just ask him. he will brag about it.
We're not even talking about this here. It's obvious you're holding a grudge. That's not good.

But as long as you brought it up, we have a man who is having an affair with his Father's second wife (not his mother). What should we do with him? I say we throw the guy out of the church, but we have liberals in the congregation saying we should keep him around. What do you say? Perhaps you have some Biblical guidance to share about this matter.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Jewel, God's 10 Commandments are not a tradition or something to be lumped in with the commandments contained in ordinances/works/rituals which have been fulfilled by Christ Eph 2v25, Col 2v14. GOD's 10 Commandments are spiritual and eternal , holy, just and good. Rom 7, and for all time GOD HIMself separated them at SINAI when HE spoke them personally but added no more Deut 5(v22) Ex 20. the rest were given through Moses.
And yet with all that the only thing they could do was produce death. The law never produced righteousness only guilt and death. Israel could not keep them and no one today can keep them.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Im sorry..i was trying to make a point to another user about the pettiness people can be and to what extreme..all the while totally MISSING GOD..i too do laundry..i have to cook because i cant afford to go out to eat and even if i did TGAT. That woukd be making OTHERS to have to work..my point is..theres IS importance to going to church..some will debate on time day..denomination..tradition etc..but if Christ is IN US..WE are the church..Hes more worried about the conditions of our hearts and minds when we worship etc other than the location or day..i go to a wednesday midwek service..does God not acknowlege my praise in worship if its not on a Saturday? No! Im truly sorry if you got caught in the crossfires ;(
Please don't keep focusing on your heart, it will let you down Focus on the Word of God ! it will oppose your heart which is subtly leading you astray, that's how satan works and got to EVE. God tells us HIS thoughts and ways are higher than ours, and we are to put our thoughts on things ABOVE....that is how He DRAWS us to Himself. Forget the churches of this world, they are for Babes and Infants still on milk....being handled, lifted and carried at the will of their Carers. We are to grow and mature...can be quite a scary prospect to leave the nest !

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You realize that in the 18th and 19th Centuries people were very stern about the Ten Commandments. That is why they are posted in so many public places built during that time. They truly believed the Sabbath was Sunday and they even instigated blue laws to be sure businesses closed on Sunday. Many of those laws exists in certain states even today.

The Roman Catholics hijacked Christianity and replaced it with a counterfeit one. This was done under a pagan emperor turned Christian (Constantine - Council of Nicea in 325). This was about the time the Catholic Church was forming. Being the Sabbath was a sign (mark) commandment (see Ex. 31:13, 17) Satan was very quick to replace it. The RCC went on to change times and laws like the fourth beast in Daniel 7:14-28. When the Protestant Movement broke away from the Catholics they carried the wrong Sabbath and many other false teachings.

Religion was kept in the dark ages and resembles little of what we hold on to today. As the world became literate and Bibles and other books became common because of the printing press (1439). We didn't even believe Christ was returning to earth until the 1840s with the Adventist Movement. We didn't believe gifts of the Spirit still existed until the Pentecostal Movement (circa 1900). We are finding our way back from centuries of misinformation the beast has perpetrated.

View attachment 185782 View attachment 185781
good post Deade !

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You, along with so many other Protestants, do not realize how the decisions that the early Catholic church made are why you do what you do. Do your homework. Find out for yourself.

The Catholics are the ones who literally made it illegal to observe a Saturday Sabbath and made it so you must meet on Sunday. That is why we Protestants meet on Sunday's and think that we do it because that's the way God made it. Not even remotely true. Do your homework.

We're not even talking about this here. It's obvious you're holding a grudge. That's not good.

But as long as you brought it up, we have a man who is having an affair with his Father's second wife (not his mother). What should we do with him? I say we throw the guy out of the church, but we have liberals in the congregation saying we should keep him around. What do you say? Perhaps you have some Biblical guidance to share about this matter.
''LIKE'' your post Ralph.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
And yet with all that the only thing they could do was produce death. The law never produced righteousness only guilt and death. Israel could not keep them and no one today can keep them.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Yes, the 'letter of the law ' was not good for people ...that is why we have a change in the law as to how it is now observed Heb 7. Also some have been fulfilled and no longer apply. None could be kept in the OT because people lacked God's Holy Spirit. NOW this is available to us we have help with the few we still have to keep.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

oh, I've done my homework. let's see if you have done yours-

what events led up to the creation of the Bible as we know it. do you know?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This will sound nerdy but I have cecenl learned there are at least 17 english dialects of english within the USA not counting ebonics, or spanglish. I know people that he's got heart when they mean he's like a timex watch, can take a lickin' n' keep on tickin. Pull a photo out of their wallet and say that's my heart. It's their child. It's kind like love where the way we love our parents, spouse neighbors and children is all different. !st cor. 13 says 'love never fails.'

When our enemies are thrown into prison do we not have the heart to feed them? The Romans even had the heart to offer vinegar and gaul to Jesus for pain, while he was on the cross, that they hung him on.

Gnarly surf today dude. Got a knuckle ding on my mellon. Think I gonna stroll 'n get some brewsky 'n chilax.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Yes, the 'letter of the law ' was not good for people ...that is why we have a change in the law as to how it is now observed Heb 7. Also some have been fulfilled and no longer apply. None could be kept in the OT because people lacked God's Holy Spirit. NOW this is available to us we have help with the few we still have to keep.
Which part of the law do you expect to keep? What is your purpose in keeping that part and not the rest?

What are we not to touch?

Gal 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
If it's any consolation, and/or help to you, ph harrison? I too, have "walked out/ran" from "church!" And, it's not so much, what "I" was missing, or felt "the emptiness, or void" that you felt, as much, as much as the (I have come to learn, and call) "God in the box" "limiting" of the congregation, in their being "so content" in their "tradition", as to "dissuade" anyone who "dared think/say" any different!

These people, for the most part, are good and honorable people, who have just not (yet) learned the "discernability", from "that part of themselves" to whom the Father GAVE to His Son, and those "parts" of themselves that the Father KEPT for Himself, and His "purposes!" Whether this be for "frying bigger fish", on a higher "govenmental level", so that the "church" may be edified, and filled, for even having an ability of "teaching/feeding" milk to the newer converts! It is people such as yourself, and others, I have seen, on this forum, that our "efforts" are "PASTEURIZED" (get it? ;)) Brow-beating these, actually does more harm then good! It's like they have gotten the "first" half of the parable of the Prodigal Son, but, not yet been able to see within themselves, the "other son." Or?, and I refer to "others" of any particular assembly of believers, that remain "willfully ignorant", and disdain those who do "see!" Who "view" this "other" son, as NOT being "of them", and therefore NOT needed, or in many cases "something" to stay AWAY from! Only, to fall themselves, into "the jealousy trap", the "other son", who HAD been "working the fields" all along, fell into!

It is only AFTER this "other son" "comes to the cross of Jesus", and the, "reconciliation" of just "where" one is, in "eternity" (meaning this current earth/heaven age), that one is able to "show and tell", ones who already believe, that there are "higher callings" available to them.

One can only "tell" them, there IS! No manner of beating or whipping, or insulting of them, will in anywise cause "an already" believer to "Press On!" (the proverbial horse to water! God WILL, make them drink! Not "you!" Not "I!")

Methinks, what you are seeing as a "spirit?" Is actually, "a void", where the "Word of God" is missing, and the prophecy concerning the "famine of the end days", comes into play, due TO "traditions of man!"

I have discerened, from reading every post to here, is to NOT get "in between" whatever gb9, and beta, have going with themselves! Looks to be quite a "meat-grinder!" :) My advice to them? Get a room! :D:D

P

pjharrison

WHAAAAAATTTTT? That spells DISASTER to me!..Holy moly!
What would be a disaster is , if Jesus comes back for his body and it is made up of a bunch of different doctrines( which are different spirits). The body of Christ are all of the same spirit.

P

pjharrison

You have no right to judge the maturity of other believers.
You have no right to judge if the Holy Spirit is present in any assembly.
You continue to prove to us with every post that you have deceived yourself into believing you have great knowledge and understand when in reality you are very ignorant of the truth.
Do you think that Jesus will except all of these different denominations as his bride. That bride is full of spot and wrinkles. The Body of Christ are all under the same spirit. Can you explain how that is going to work. No matter what you think of me it is what it is. Sometimes the truth hurts. Especially when it goes against something that you have grown up believing.

S

SpoonJuly

Do you think that Jesus will except all of these different denominations as his bride. That bride is full of spot and wrinkles. The Body of Christ are all under the same spirit. Can you explain how that is going to work. No matter what you think of me it is what it is. Sometimes the truth hurts. Especially when it goes against something that you have grown up believing.
You are pronouncing judgment on people about their maturity and their relationship with God.
You have no right.
Is Jesus happy with Christianity today? I think not. My opinion.
I believe, my opinion, is that many, maybe most local assemblies are nothing more than a religious assembly. Not a Church of our Lord.
But there are many local churches around the world that , while not perfect, are worshipping God in Spirit and truth, teaching the truth, and growing in the Grace of God.
And for you to openly condemn ALL churches is sin.
And by the way, it is not what I have grown up believing, It is what I have learned through many years of study.
Personal study with the Holy Spirit and also study with others in a local Church.
Get off your self righteous horse and get right with God.

P

pjharrison

You are pronouncing judgment on people about their maturity and their relationship with God.
You have no right.
Is Jesus happy with Christianity today? I think not. My opinion.
I believe, my opinion, is that many, maybe most local assemblies are nothing more than a religious assembly. Not a Church of our Lord.
But there are many local churches around the world that , while not perfect, are worshipping God in Spirit and truth, teaching the truth, and growing in the Grace of God.
And for you to openly condemn ALL churches is sin.
And by the way, it is not what I have grown up believing, It is what I have learned through many years of study.
Personal study with the Holy Spirit and also study with others in a local Church.
Get off your self righteous horse and get right with God.
This is my opinion. You don't have to believe it. Why get so upset. If I lead someone astray, I'll have to answer for it.

S

SpoonJuly

This is my opinion. You don't have to believe it. Why get so upset. If I lead someone astray, I'll have to answer for it.
But you have no right to lead people astray.
You have no right to state your opinion as fact which you continue to do.
You are no better that those you condemn when you do that.
Yes it does upset me when I see people teach lies and opinions as truth.
Why don't you start every post with the words "IN MY OPINION"?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Question for the pro Saturday individuals:

do you believe the souls of those who don’t practice this are in danger? I’m just wondering. Not looking to debate.

Dem

Mar 7, 2018
NO but we must not forsake the gathering of the saints. we meet every other Saturday at my house for praise and worship and I attend a bible study on Thursdays when possible.