Is it evil?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 30, 2017
Snakes are venomous, not poisonous. Venom is injected, poison is consumed or absorbed through the skin. ;)

J

joefizz

Snakes are venomous, not poisonous. Venom is injected, poison is consumed or absorbed through the skin. ;)
both can kill you,so if bitten or accidentally eating or drinking something toxic,I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be thinking about the difference lol!

J

jaybird88

snakes are no joke around here. in the bayous of south east arkansas we have a wabbaseka brown snake, it can kill a man in three seconds just by looking at them. i remember years ago i was tracking a bear and caught a glimpse of one out the corner of my eye and i had to spend 2 weeks in a hospital.

Apr 15, 2017
I know this might be a dumb question to ask but is a snake a bad sign or is it evil in anyway? L
like if i'm going for a walk and see a snake should i just not go that way? just wondering :D thanks ahead of time for you're answers!
A snake is only a created creature like any other animal,there is no omen there,or any sign.

That is like my brother that seen a crow,and because of the place where it was thought it was a bad sign.

Now if you happen to be walking,and a poisonous snake bites you,or an anaconda gets you,and wraps around your neck,then you can take that as a bad sign.

Can be dangerous,but not a bad sign in a spiritual sense.

When the Bible calls Satan a serpent,and because he tempted Eve he is cursed above all cattle,and above every beast of the field,and dust shall he eat all the days of his life,it means that he is identified as a serpent that he is lower than anything God created,especially since he tempted Eve,which people are above all that God created,the man Christ Jesus being number one.

People will have a higher position in heaven than angels,for they are ministering spirits sent to all who shall inherit salvation,and the angels desire to look in to the salvation of the saints,for they will have glorified bodies like God's glorified body,and rule with Jesus for 1000 years,a privilege the angels will never have.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
My short answer: yes

My long answer: In Genesis it says that every creature that takes the life of a human will have to give an account to God. Snakes have venom that kills. The snake that allowed Satan to tempt Eve was punished to crawl on its belly for the rest of its days- meaning more than that specific snake. Likewise, the punishments for Adam (men) and Eve (women) are still in effect to this day as well, because every man and woman sins- not just Adam and Eve.

Matter of fact, when Jesus came in the likeness of sinful men (human) in the New Testament, it was represented in the Old Testament by a snake statue. The Israelites sinned, God sent deadly snakes as punishment, but set up a statue in the likeness of a snake, that whosoever would come look upon it would not die. (Which is why medical personnel wear a snake symbol wrapped around a pole as a sign of medical help). In both situations, what was only in likeness was not evil, but what was actual was evil. “If you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more does your Heavenly Father know how to give good gifts to His children?”

“Where oh death is your sting?” Death is the result of evil. What has the sting of death? Scorpions, bees, and anything that has poisonous venom- such as snakes. Notice that John the Baptist ate locusts and wild honey- not bees and honey. Why? Because locusts eat vegetation. Notice how cows are ‘clean’ because they eat grass, but pigs are ‘unclean’ because they eat anything- even humans. I watched a Criminal Minds episode where the murderer used pigs to kill his victims.

The Old Testament used the word ‘unclean’ for both physical and spiritual things- diseases, animals, humans, molds, anything evil. God sends disease to punish sinners. God sent demons to physicality- which is why they wanted to go into unclean pigs after Jesus cast them out of a human. They can’t float around like free spirits, they need to always be in something physical- it’s their punishment- cast down to the earth (physicality). I believe demons are in germs that spread disease, and in things like flies. Beelzebub was a statue of a big fly which was worshipped for its power of disease. Jesus was accused of casting out demons by the power of Beelzubub- which was referred to as the power of demons. “Wormwood” was the name of a demon who fell from heaven to the earth.

So not only snakes, but worms, pigs, etc. God sends the angel of death- that does not mean that death is not evil- demons used to be angels, so the angel of death could be Satan- whom God sends to test us for heaven. God used Pharoah to bring about His Will, Pharoah was evil- just because God sends or uses someone to bring about His will, doesn’t necessarily mean they are good.

Sep 6, 2017
A snake in itself is not evil, they are simply a creature. Satan is called a snake because a snake is a very crafty predator. So imo a snake can represent evil but it is not evil itself.
Yes its a represention, like the core of the earth is a represention of the lake of fire.

D

Depleted

I think worms are cuter,they were the first creatures I was endeared to and they don't bite!
I fished, therefore would not get attached to bait. lol

D

Depleted

Notice that God cursed the serpent . When the definite article the is used, the specific one spoken of is the only one involved.

In this case the serpent refers to Satan, and is used figuratively. Satan is not really a serpent or a dragon; he is a fallen angel.
Then do you think Satan is legless, slithers on the ground, and eats dirt?

D

Depleted

snakes are no joke around here. in the bayous of south east arkansas we have a wabbaseka brown snake, it can kill a man in three seconds just by looking at them. i remember years ago i was tracking a bear and caught a glimpse of one out the corner of my eye and i had to spend 2 weeks in a hospital.
Wow, set a trap and catch that snake, because there is absolutely nothing on the entire Internet about it, so you can be the one to name a new species.

There are two types of brown snakes. If it's a brown snake in the US, it isn't venomous. If you live in the region in and around Australia, it is.

And looking at it put you in the hospital? Is that like the 25 pound smallmouth I caught once?

Aug 2, 2009
We've had a 4 or 5' long snake in the backyard and another 4 footer in the front yard. Not rattlers, but california king snakes I think. They were black with yellow and red stripes if I remember correctly. King snakes aren't dangerous but we have rattlers out here too although I think they stay out in the brush.

Ah here's a pic of a king snake. Hard to believe they're not dangerous to humans...

May 11, 2014
Snake is just an animal, part of God's creation. Just like cows and alligators.
The truth is that the bible sometimes uses one animal to symbolize both good and bad. Such as Jesus saying be as wise as serpents, but then the devil is also called a serpent.

Another great example of one animal being used to refer to both good and bad is the Lion, since Jesus and satan are both compared to a lion.
Satan is said to prowl around you like a roaring lion. Whereas Jesus is said to be the conquering lion of the tribe of Judah.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Snakes and spiders are creepy crawly death dealers.. 'Nuff said..

May 11, 2014
Snakes and spiders are creepy crawly death dealers.. 'Nuff said..
What about lizards? I used to own a green water dragon. Magnificent animals. I am one of those weird people who used to raise crickets and mealworms for a reptile pet :D Not to mention the mice in freezer.

Sep 6, 2017
We've had a 4 or 5' long snake in the backyard and another 4 footer in the front yard. Not rattlers, but california king snakes I think. They were black with yellow and red stripes if I remember correctly. King snakes aren't dangerous but we have rattlers out here too although I think they stay out in the brush.

Ah here's a pic of a king snake. Hard to believe they're not dangerous to humans...

ever heard of the rubber boa native to the west coast, the rubber boas are considered one of the most docile of the boa species and are often used to help people overcome their fear of snakes. Rubber boas are known to never strike at or bite a human under any circumstances but will release a potent musk from their vent if they feel threatened.

Maka

Jun 26, 2017

Eeks! I’d move lol I know everything has a purpose but they scare me to death.

Sep 6, 2017
What about lizards? I used to own a green water dragon. Magnificent animals. I am one of those weird people who used to raise crickets and mealworms for a reptile pet :D Not to mention the mice in freezer.
When I was in my teens, my friend had a Nile Monitor, meanness lizard I've ever seen, my friend got bit a few times by that lizard sometimes we had to pry its jaws open to free his hand as well when he would pick the lizard up it looked like the insides of the lizard would hang out of it really weird looking, I have no idea what that was all about, but boy was that lizard mean and crazy creature for sure.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Lizards and snakes I can deal with.. However spiders I refuse to deal with.. They get the RAID treatment..lol

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Lizards and snakes I can deal with.. However spiders I refuse to deal with.. They get the RAID treatment..lol
Yes, any bugs that come into my house get the death penalty!