Is it evil?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Lizards and snakes I can deal with.. However spiders I refuse to deal with.. They get the RAID treatment..lol
Things I hate worse than spiders:
-- mosquitoes.
-- roaches.
-- silverfish.
-- centi- and milli-pedes.
-- flies.

And because of all that, the spiders can stay, because that's their dinner. lol

D

Depleted

well fish can be bait for other fish,what then? lol!
Sure, so I didn't get attached to them either -- because they would be someone's dinner. Other fishies or mine. lol

C

claysmithr

[Numbers 21:9] - So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

[Exodus 7:8-10] -
8Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, 9“When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, ‘Work a miracle,’ then you shall say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh, that it may become a serpent.’” 10So Moses and Aaron came to Pharaoh, and thus they did just as the LORD had commanded; and Aaron threw his staff down before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent.

Here are 2 instances in which God uses a snakes as 1) precursor to Christ, and 2) signs and wonders through Aron and Moses staffs.

They are not evil, they are merely symbolic.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Snakes are venomous, not poisonous. Venom is injected, poison is consumed or absorbed through the skin. ;)

The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary considers poisonous and venomous to be synonymous.

When a state gives a lethal injection to execute a prisoner they do not use snake venom. Poisons can be and often are injected; i.e. a heroin overdose, or assisted suicide.

When people use 'venomous speech' it is not injected. When snake venom is used as an antidote to snakebite, it is often ingested.

J

jaybird88

Wow, set a trap and catch that snake, because there is absolutely nothing on the entire Internet about it, so you can be the one to name a new species.

There are two types of brown snakes. If it's a brown snake in the US, it isn't venomous. If you live in the region in and around Australia, it is.

And looking at it put you in the hospital? Is that like the 25 pound smallmouth I caught once?
We're a tough breed down here. we have mosquitos the size of pickup trucks and swamp rabbits that can whip a group of the best hunting dogs.

Aug 2, 2009
ever heard of the rubber boa native to the west coast, the rubber boas are considered one of the most docile of the boa species and are often used to help people overcome their fear of snakes. Rubber boas are known to never strike at or bite a human under any circumstances but will release a potent musk from their vent if they feel threatened.

I thoguht you were talking about an actual rubber (fake) snake until I got to the musk part ;)