Is it Just Me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The best time when people draw nearer to God would seem like the time that they are the most relaxed mentally and not so much on their mind and they feel the best mentally.

Even people that are hypocrites where God is not manifesting Himself to them they could have a placebo affect and believe they are drawing nearer to God because of their mental condition of feeling good mentally.

Like the occult and people in to nature worship what do they do but they meditate and try to lift up their mental well being.

Like people that do drugs what are they trying to do but they try to lift up their mental well being.

Because it is all about how people feel mentally that affects them more than anything else.

If people feel bad physically it does not affect them that there is something wrong other then a physical ailment, but if they feel bad mentally then something is wrong and they want to know why, and try to elevate their mental state and feel good.

Which can throw off some people to believe they are right with God and have a relationship with Him for they feel good mentally and attribute that to God working in their life but they are in reality a hypocrite which the Bible says they deny the power thereof to be able to receive peace, love, and joy, so it is coming from their mind fleshy and not the Spirit.

But regardless of hypocrite or not a person that is not a hypocrite will feel that they are drawing nearer to God when they feel their mental best and when they are the most mentally relaxed and the least worried about things and their mind not thinking so much.

A lot of people at night would be when they are winding down from the day and it is quieter and calmer and not so much on their mind.

But just because people feel better mentally does not mean God is working in their life for the flesh still has natural well being and for the hypocrite they can still feel they draw nearer to God from their mental state alone which the belief they have a relationship with God can elevate their mental state but in reality they really do not have a relationship with God.

So if people say they feel they draw nearer to God in the morning or in the afternoon or in the night does not make sense for it would be at all times if not a hypocrite and if not a hypocrite and at a certain time then it is coming from their mind when they feel the best mentally and they are the ones hindering being closer to God by them relying on their mental state of how they feel rather than the fact of the relationship itself which nothing should hinder that.

Which seems like they limit God by them relying that they have to feel mentally on top of the world before they believe they draw nearer to God.

But Paul said he draws nearer to God and the power of Christ rests upon him when he is afflicted not when he is feeling his best mentally and no affliction.

Many people have been wrong and thought something that was not true all because they felt good mentally like they say I have a good feeling about this but it did not work out like they thought.

A placebo affect where they think all is alright because of how they feel when all is not alright which they soon find out.

I feel good mentally so I know this woman will like me, boom, she does not.

I feel good mentally so I think I can jump over these obstacles with my bike, boom, you cannot and now you are in the hospital.

I feel good mentally so I think I will get the job, boom, you do not as if your good mental state will transfer over to the hiring place and affect their mind.

Too many people claiming Christ think they have a relationship with Christ going by their mental state and not by their actions of being Christlike.

I feel good mentally so I believe I have a relationship with Christ, boom, you may not.

Which the hypocrites do not want to find that out in the afterlife when they thought they had a relationship with God because they felt good mentally but did not.

But if not a hypocrite a person would draw nearer to God when they are at their mental best because they are less hindering themselves from drawing nearer to God by their crybabying, whining, worrying, and thinking about things that do not matter, and thinking more on God.
This thread is addressed to born again believers who walk by faith, not by sight or feelings. I don't believe the OP ever stated anything about praying when you 'feel like it' or even use the word 'feel'.

Ephesians 2:18 (KJV) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Ephesians 3:12 (KJV) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

So when is the time you find easiest to commune or have 'close fellowship' with God; evening or morning or no difference?

P

pottersclay

Definitely not off the wall. You are correct in treating the Lord as if He were there in the flesh. This is an example worth emulating.
Thank you for your kind words. Some others would disagree and call it fanaticism . I'm over come that title when I reasoned that they could of said the same thing about Jesus.😏😏😏

Mar 28, 2016
Is it just me or do you also find your 'closest' times with the Lord is at night? I find during the day, it is very difficult for my heart and mind to 'draw near' to the Lord in communion. I know it shouldn't matter but it seems the way it works out...with me anyways.
Thoughts?
Fresh in the morning the awaking of his love on this side of the green grass .. . . with coffee and cream

Psalm 139:17-19 King James Version (KJV) How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

Sep 6, 2014
Yeah,
It's just you!
:p

Psalm 42:8
By day the LORD will command His lovingkindness, And in the night His song shall be with me, Even a prayer unto the God of my life.

P

pottersclay

I have come to believe there are two types of Christianity. Those who practice it and those who live it.
Not judging anyone for even Jesus said that those who are for us are not against us.
I practiced Christianity for a long time. Proper conduct, proper speech, study, church, prayer, but I wasn't feeling it.
I was happy but not joyful, I was peaceful but not content. I was hopeful but expected the worst. I gave thanks but lived thankless.
I knew something was missing. My practice was not growing my spirit . Although I grew in scripture knowledge my relationship was sorta like a hobby. I came up lacking in my prayer life to the point of actually being a loner.
I was caught in a valley which brought me down to the place where I wrestled with my conscience knowing I was spiritualy drowning. Reading through the gospels I came to the place where Jesus asked peter "but who do you say I am" .
Then it hit me...here peter is sitting with the creator himself having a conversation that brought about probably the greatest revelation peter ever had and it was reveiled to him by the Holy Spirit.
Fellowship what a opportunity to talk to your creator. Who knows you better than yourself. Where you can let your guard down and be yourself. What a freedom to have . Thank you Jesus.
After this I turned to my wife and said I have no place to go. I know my Redeemer lives and I going to treat him as such.
She looked at me and smiled not knowing what I had been going through and said of course he does.

Chester

May 23, 2016
This thread is addressed to born again believers who walk by faith, not by sight or feelings. I don't believe the OP ever stated anything about praying when you 'feel like it' or even use the word 'feel'.

Ephesians 2:18 (KJV) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Ephesians 3:12 (KJV) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

So when is the time you find easiest to commune or have 'close fellowship' with God; evening or morning or no difference?
I just had a beautiful morning time with God! Oh, the powerful and intimate words He spoke! And, yes I felt it; but that is not the basis. I have learned to pray when God calls me to pray. Feelings usually come after obedience. And when I say feelings, I am not talking about fickly emotions, but a deep pulsating joy!