Is it OK for our churches to have Christmas trees, bingo games, or Easter egg hunts?ts,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

And here i thought all golf was a lie.
Golf is an excuse to be angry. I have never played golf that everyone wasnt angry. Except me, i dont care enougj about that stuff to get angry. I also have only ever played golf maybe 4 times. Its a very angry sport, and i dont recommend it for a church activity

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
You are dishonest, i have no interest in continuing a conversation with you.
You have been spoken to concerning your dishonesty by three witnesses.
Repent or do not speak to me again.
Now now no need to act like a cry baby cause you lost the debate take it like an adult.
What witnesses ?, all we see is one false accuser and two false witnesses.

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
Yes i sure do you brought drugs and alcohol into the conversation. You sure did. Having a fit about it now shows your lack of character.
Yes and do you comprehend why ? or are you just going to regurgitate what broken record Locoponydirtbag said ?
btw you are the one having a fit earlier for Pete's sake!

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
This isnt about disagreement, its about dishonesty.
He is a liar. He made dishonest denial of his own words. Followed with a false accusation and mischaracterization of the conversation. The dishonest are not to be trusted, and therefore one can not have a discussion with them.
Almost missed this post sorry bout that. Locoponydirtbag almost got away with it but got nabbed .
You are the true lier here and to be honest i think you are religiously insane. You know quite well what i posted about but you refuse to acknowledge it. In several posts in this thread i pointed out your falsehoods but you keep repeating the same insane garbage. Your the one who needs to repent and turn from your insanity , period.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
AS so it begins
Suuure , perhaps we should also bring beer and all other alcoholic beverages along with cigarettes and legal pot smoking into church after all its all just social right ?
:)

L

Locoponydirtman

Dont dignify his dishonesty with any kind of response. He has already shown himself dishonest, incapable of any integrity, now a crass name caller. He is not worthy of your time or effort.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
i also rebuke and point out falsehood like i see in this thread.
If you see this as your "job" here, I predict a short tenure....
Now now no need to act like a cry baby cause you lost the debate take it like an adult.
This is, presumably, a discussion forum, not a debate team....
You and crazy horse both need to remember what Mark Twain said.....

argue with a fool.jpg

Y'all should both just

Let it go.jpg

L

Locoponydirtman

I think that slippery slope is over used. While it is mostly a fallacy there are some cases where it could be true. When circumstances are closley related and one action is usually a precursor to the other. An example would be say two people who are not yet married but are dating, intimacy can go too far in certain situations.
However its a comete fallacy when there is no causal correlation.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I think that slippery slope is over used. While it is mostly a fallacy there are some cases where it could be true.
This is why it is used so much, I suppose, although it isn't necessarily true that if it is valid once, it would be in every instance. And I believe that is another tactic susceptible to fallacy, generalization.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Slippery slope.. A million years ago at the local town dump with mom.... it was pit looked big to an eleven year old.. it seemed it was always burning, the heat rising .The sides softly kinda down rolled down into the pit when something ya threw hit them.... snotty rebellious preteen preacher's kid , Bet you would never guess that ! :) Mom says " You dont really want to go hell do ya Beck?

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
I under stand about how people feel about theses things in our culture, however ,if you notice for every holy holiday there a anti like resurrection day is easter rabbit, Christmas Jesus birth day , Santa Claus, ST Valentine's day and cupid baby angel flying around just dumb, we must not forget the true meanings of why we celebrate these days, we are in the world, not of the world' one day I prayed to the lord about Christmas trees, I ask him what does he think about that, he said as long my people know who I am, I don't mind, as long we keep things in its right perspective . I said ok, thank you Jesus, I don't have any santa stuff in my house, after all its a birthday party, how ever I feel no conviction about buying a Christmas tree. I have peace about that, lets keep our eyes focused on JESUS, Honer him, and enjoy the holidays and remind the world on the real reasons why we have these holidays, :) take care God bless AMERICA. and no bingo remember Jesus turning over tables ,

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Pretty good odds Jesus was born early fall, maybe mid Septemberish.