Is it OK if Christians Buy the Lotto?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Words hurt Camerson, words hurt!

I just want to remind you snowflakes are unique and special. No two snowflakes are the same. :)
Only a few people know that name, and only one person has actually ever called me that. That aside, yes, you are indeed unique. I ask a thousand pardons and grovel at your feet.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Only a few people know that name, and only one person has actually ever called me that. That aside, yes, you are indeed unique. I ask a thousand pardons and grovel at your feet.
I actually that name was a typo, but looked it up, and thought it was hilarious. lol

You know my toe is broken and it hurts...How dare you!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I actually that name was a typo, but looked it up, and thought it was hilarious. lol

You know my toe is broken and it hurts...How dare you!
Sorry to here about your toe. I offered to grovel at your feet. Your should have used the opportunity to hoist your toe on my back and lean back and relax. You are obviously not taking care of yourself.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Sorry to here about your toe. I offered to grovel at your feet. Your should have used the opportunity to hoist your toe on my back and lean back and relax. You are obviously not taking care of yourself.
No groveling needed. I could possibly forgive you, if you can spare some tin foil.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No groveling needed. I could possibly forgive you, if you can spare some tin foil.
I'm sorry but that's a bridge to far. You ask more of me than I have the capacity to do.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
no
I did buy one when was told to do it for mystery shop and they said if I won anything I could keep what I won, the only thing I won was an extra ticket lol

There will be times when you need to choose who you will serve God or Mammon, a lot of the time you cant justify it by choosing both, if you do, you will start to love one then hate the other.

Pray you are able to keep away from temptation.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
They freely give that money... nobody is stealing anybody else's money.
If you think they "freely" give that money, you don't understand the deception of gambling. It is based on a lie that you can provide that money and get many times more - this deception is based on lust or greed. That deception hooks and holds many people, including Christians; it is a counterfeit for a genuine, wise investment. It is a get-rich-quick deception!

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I don't waste my money on them. I invest in stocks, mutual funds, and may start looking into precious metals. Despite the economic lunacy out there, I stand a much better chance of winning in the end.

Also... I once promised God that I would never gamble, and it is a promise I've kept.

Would I judge another Christian for buying a ticket? I don't know... I might look at them quizzically, but I don't know if it is necessarily sinful, either.