Is it okay to marry someone just to have children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Very strange. How can our good God find you someone whom is not right for you to marry? It is you who are against God when you marry someone whom you doesn't love.
I don't believe that doing this is against God but perhaps not a wise thing to do is some instances.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Is it okay to marry someone just to have children? For example, if you prayed for and found someone (and you also think God has led him/her to you), however you are not "in love" with this person, would you get married? You do like this person though and could see yourself with this person long-term (he's loyal, kind, etc.). I would especially like to hear from divorced people with kids.
I dont see it as a problem personally, you are not sinning by marrying someone just for children's sake. If we struggle with sexual sin, then we are advised to get married.