Is it possible to be too ugly to get IRL friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Guys and gals,

If you ever meet someone infatuated with you this much, you might want to reconsider, suggest a makeover or perhaps an exorcism. 😉
😄

Just trying to lighten up the subject.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Thats a great idea. But not sure who looks like me lol. Gonna think about this.
Have you ever watched 'Beauty and the Beast' if not, you should. It's a touching story with a timeless message.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you ever saw me you would understand
Now I'm SURE you've been here before.

I can't remember the previous nick you used, but you have had this conversation on this forum before.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
If someone is 1 of 10 on the look scale, and is horrible ugly with no chance to improve his looks, is it not possible then that people
will be ashamed to be viewed with this person? This person would drag down their social status. Its hard
being friend with someone who everytime they look at you they are almost puking because of how unattractive you are.

Many have told me that im so ugly that nobody is gonna want to have me as a friend IRL. Im so ugly people dont even view
me as a human, they view me as some alien species from Star Trek or something.

Im talking about IRl friends now, not internet friends.

I know, nobody is ugly in Gods eyes, and that is what is most important. Im talking about human beings now only. We are living in a shallow modern society.
I find that what some people lack in looks can be made up for in personality. If you really think your looks can't be improved, perhaps what you should concentrate on is your personality? Personality is much easier to improve than looks, and judging by your previous posts, yours could readily be improved significantly. However, if you're got the personality of a bowling ball *and* have also struck out in the looks department, there is always cold, hard cash. These days, one can buy a realistic looking mask for not too much money, and if you're loaded, well, it would seem like even less to you. Provided you don't let anyone touch your artificially-beautified silicone face, who is to know? :)

Oct 23, 2022
When I had low self esteem, nobody could convince me I was beautiful.

I had to surrender MY way of thinking to the Lord.
Its not about my self esteem its about facts. I am objective ugly and thats how it is. It sucks to be that in a shallow society.

I surrended myself to the Lord a long time ago.

Oct 23, 2022
Have you ever watched 'Beauty and the Beast' if not, you should. It's a touching story with a timeless message.
well 99 % of guys like me are friendless their whole life. so nope im not gonna look at those lucky/rich few 1 % who got a friend after 20-30 years of loneliness.

Oct 23, 2022
Now I'm SURE you've been here before.

I can't remember the previous nick you used, but you have had this conversation on this forum before.
What is it that you want from me? You have been harassing me from the start.

Oct 23, 2022
I find that what some people lack in looks can be made up for in personality. If you really think your looks can't be improved, perhaps what you should concentrate on is your personality? Personality is much easier to improve than looks, and judging by your previous posts, yours could readily be improved significantly. However, if you're got the personality of a bowling ball *and* have also struck out in the looks department, there is always cold, hard cash. These days, one can buy a realistic looking mask for not too much money, and if you're loaded, well, it would seem like even less to you. Provided you don't let anyone touch your artificially-beautified silicone face, who is to know? :)
Yeah i understand, but problem is that i have low iq. So im doomed.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What is it that you want from me? You have been harassing me from the start.
Don't want nothing. Don't even really care if you acknowledge it. I'm just stating that I'm sure you have been here before under another nick, complaining about your terrible looks.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Im gonna be real honest with you, if you are this negative in real life and you constantly talk about how ugly you are to other people, that in itself may be why you dont have friends. It is completely draining to be around someone that bases their whole personality on putting themself down and having to constantly be picked back up . Dont get me wrong, I have in the past suffered from extremely low self esteem, but in time I gave it to God and He showed me that I was fearfully and wonderfully made by God who CAN NOT make mistakes. So, Im over weight.....so what ??? My teeth may be a little crooked.... does that stop me from encouraging others or praising God...NOPE. QUIT giving in to all the negative mindsets. If satan can keep you defeated, you'll never do much for God. Tell Satan to go back to Hell where he belongs..... and try encouraging other people for a change... life will pick up before you know it and youll make friends. People love a joyfyl person despite what they look like and you can take my word for that. God bless.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Yeah i understand, but problem is that i have low iq. So im doomed.
Nope. I can tell by your posts that you don't. You need to retake those tests, 'cause they gave you the wrong result. ;-)

Oct 23, 2022
Im gonna be real honest with you, if you are this negative in real life and you constantly talk about how ugly you are to other people, that in itself may be why you dont have friends. It is completely draining to be around someone that bases their whole personality on putting themself down and having to constantly be picked back up . Dont get me wrong, I have in the past suffered from extremely low self esteem, but in time I gave it to God and He showed me that I was fearfully and wonderfully made by God who CAN NOT make mistakes. So, Im over weight.....so what ??? My teeth may be a little crooked.... does that stop me from encouraging others or praising God...NOPE. QUIT giving in to all the negative mindsets. If satan can keep you defeated, you'll never do much for God. Tell Satan to go back to Hell where he belongs..... and try encouraging other people for a change... life will pick up before you know it and youll make friends. People love a joyfyl person despite what they look like and you can take my word for that. God bless.
Of course, being negative is not helping. But the thing is that i was not negative for 16 years, and yet, nobody wanted to be my friend. So what
is the problem? It must be that im too ugly and too dumb.

Oct 23, 2022
Nope. I can tell by your posts that you don't. You need to retake those tests, 'cause they gave you the wrong result. ;-)
It was my therapist doing those tests with me. Its not wrong resualts.

F

Forever_Saved

Of course, being negative is not helping. But the thing is that i was not negative for 16 years, and yet, nobody wanted to be my friend. So what
is the problem? It must be that im too ugly and too dumb.
bruh...

yoriii

Apr 26, 2022
Well you probably are not ugly. But, if you think you are ugly you have two choices:
- Accept it, try to find romance with your personality
- Become not ugly. If you work out and have a really fit body, it doesn't matter what your face looks like at all, people will still be attracted to you. Humans are programmed to find fit people attractive.