is it possible to lose....?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josh321

Senior Member
Sep 3, 2013
1,286
17
0
well lets just say... i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out, been like this for a few weeks.. and what's worst.. i feel like im losing something, but long story short.. is it possible to lose salvation..?
 
Of course, if you deny the lord. But I don't think that's on your mind based on the fact that you have concern as evidenced by this post. I've been through some really crappy times to the point that I don't think that GOD even loves me. But I persist because I believe in him.

What kind of junk are you going through?
 
well lets just say... i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out, been like this for a few weeks.. and what's worst.. i feel like im losing something, but long story short.. is it possible to lose salvation..?

Matthew 17:22 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men.

Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

Exodus 19:4
‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.
 
I dont know the answer man. Sometimes I feel like God wont let us fall too far away unless we really want to. I also think sometimes He allows us to fall here and there so we can remember what not being close to Him is like and so we can learn lessons by experience rather than just words.

But this is just my opinion.
 
Have you had any recent convictions, situations, or bothering intentions within the last few weeks brother?
 
God is never going to leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:4)

The enemy is the one who tortures you with lies and then follows up by kicking you when you are down. If you turn back, God will be right there - he loves you with an everlasting love.

And if it is sin, well, then:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

If it is physical problems, or circumstances remember what God says about suffering:

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [SUP]4 [/SUP]and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

God is going to use whatever you are going through for his glory and to transform you. Hold onto Jesus. Praying you find your way out of this slump.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isa. 43:1b-3a
 
1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize, and make it yours. And everyone who competes conducts himself temperately in all things. Now they compete to obtain a perishable crown; but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man who beats the air. No, I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

1 Corinthians 4:4-5, "For I know nothing by myself; yet by this I am not justified, for He Who judges me is Yahweh! Therefore, judge nothing before the time. Wait until Yahshua comes, Who will bring to light the things hidden in darkness, and will reveal the secret intentions of men's hearts; and then each man will receive praise from Yahweh."

Psalm 69:27-28, "Add iniquity to their iniquity! Let them not come into Your righteousness! May they be blotted out of The Book of Life, and not be written with the righteous!"

Revelation 3:5, "He who overcomes, the same will be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name from The Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His malakim."

1 Yahchanan 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Law is not in us."

Yahweh's hand is always out to us, no matter if we make mistakes if we turn to Him He will have mercy on us, for Yahweh Himself has spoken this:

Ezekiyl 18:21-24, "But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he has committed, and keep all My statutes, and do that which is Lawful and right, then he will surely live; he will not die. And his btransgressions that he has committed will not be mentioned against him; in his righteousness that he has done, he will live. Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? says Father Yahweh: No, but rather that he would turn back from his wicked ways, and live. But when the righteous turns away from his drighteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does--should he live? All his righteousness that he has done will not be mentioned in his behalf. In his trespass that he has trespassed, and in his sin that he has sinned, in them he will die."

Even Cain coulsd have been forgiven by Yahweh:

Genesis 4:6-7, "So Yahweh said to Cain: Why are you angry? Why are you downcast? If you do righteousness, will you not
be accepted? And if you do not do righteousness, osin is crouching at your door. The desire to sin is with you, but you must overcome it!"
 
I recently had a dear friend tell me that God is not a welcher....meaning that He does not take back our salvation once it is given....I have seen some of your other posts and I believe you are fully saved and that you Love God....that being said...I do not think you can lose salvation....pray..pray..pray....turn back towards God...he will welcome you with open arms..
 
well lets just say... i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out, been like this for a few weeks.. and what's worst.. i feel like im losing something, but long story short.. is it possible to lose salvation..?
No. If it were possible, where would the joy be?
 
1 Yahchanan 2:15-17, "Do not love the world, nor the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world: the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, with the lust that is in it; but he who does the will of Yahweh abides forever."
 
well lets just say... i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out, been like this for a few weeks.. and what's worst.. i feel like im losing something, but long story short.. is it possible to lose salvation..?

Satan would love for you to believe that salvation can be lost, also would love for you to assume salvation

If you care, like your posting on here - I would say that's a good sign. I would suggest getting alone with God and a piece of paper, and humble yourself to the Holy Spirit and ask for Him to show you how you have grieved Him - tell Him that you will commit to doing whatever He shows you - no matter what.

Remember God doesn't love a better future version of yourself
Don't yourself love a future version self either - a broken people can't fix broken people - it stays broken
.
Repentance is the surest sign of faith.

God will always honor prayers according to His will - Ask for the desire to have His desires - stand on His promises - they are all yes in Jesus Christ. Find someone to hold you accountable to things you say you want to change as you talk with others about what God is doing in your life.

God will bring you to a point where He is all you have - if you will not yield

Hope this helps :D Preach the Gospel to yourself often
 
Josh my man, I hope this will help.... Every time I sin I know how much I NEED God. Josh I was bonded to sexual sin for 38.5 years.... Let me share with you a witness.

I was molested by a gay person 5 years older than me. When I came into pubirty. What I did not realize was the CLAWS of SATAN that man planted on me. When he did these filthy acts I was told by God to: CALL YOUR MOTHER! Soon as that man got into my bed, God said CALL YOUR MOTHER.... I did not! I wanted too, but I was TOO EMBARRESSED... and SATAN TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY DISOBEDIENCE....

Josh from that evening on I was n longer a "VIRGIN" but FOULED by GAY SPIRITS.... I was never gay, but I practised UNGODLY SEX from 15 to 38.5 years... I cheated on my wife more than a thousand times....Then this happened.... I became touched by God to REPENT.... and I started with smoking.... Stopped smoking soon as I joined a local church, 19 years now! Then one Sunday we went to church and this happened...

The sermon finished and a young in love couple walked up to me and asked... Cobus can we come to counsilling with you? We want to get married but we need to CLEAN UP. I had NO EXPERIENCE in this matter so I was ready to say NO! But I heard the words... YES WHY DO YOU NOT COME NOW, THERE IS A FRESHLY BAKED CAKE AT HOME.... Boy was I surprised but I trusted the Lord had put those words in my mouth... (at this stage I was STILL CHEATING ON MY WIFE)

When we got home, this young man P, said he will sit down with me first and confess his sins and we should ask god the WAY OUT... So P, sat down and said.... I was molested by my uncle when I came into puberty and I committed many ungodly sexual acts as a result of it... OH DID GOD SPEAK CLEARLY WHEN HE SAID..... Cobus, BOTH OF YOU HAVE SATAN'S CLAWS ON YOU, IF YOU ASK ME TO DELIVER YOU FROM THAT SIN NOW, I WILL SEVERE (CUT) the hold of SATAN on BOTH OF YOU....

I said out loud... P! God says we should just ASK AND HE WILL DO.... I prayed.... Oh heavenly FATHER, THANK you Jesus, that YOU CAN AND WILL RELEASE US FROM THIS HOLD!... AMEN!

Josh, from that DAY that VERY MOMENT, God's Word OPENED UP FOR ME... It was like I was STRUGGELING AGAINST THICK bungee cords with iron claws attached to my back, and the other end in SATANS hands... Then the Holy Spirit CUT that bungee in one CLEAN SWEEP... I ACCELLERATED to God's Truth and NEARNESS... And so did P.

Then our ways parted, and when I saw P, again 15years later, HE WAS as me A CHANGED MAN... BOTH OF US still FREED from that sin, and I doubt we will EVER be BONDED to Satan with that sin again... And so god tackles EVERY sin in our lives... My friend TRUST GOD'S DELIVERANCE.... Trust and believe GOD WANTS YOU FREE! Free from ALL evil, and ALL sin.

Look what GOD SAYS.... And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

AND.... But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. May I add: WOW!

If God KEEPS me from evil,m do you think He keeps EVIL FROM ME? I WONDER? Jesus says HE DESTROYED the WORKS OF SATAN for ALL whom HE SAVES... WOW! He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus DESTROYED ADUTERY FOR ME.... PRAISE THE LORD OF SALVATION, HE IS FAITHFUL! AMEN!
 
Keep your head up Josh. God does not abandon us when we fall. We're all sinners. Get back in the Word, get back into prayer!
Repent in your mind and heart, and God will help you repent in your ways.
Philippians 1:6 "He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Jesus Christ"

salvation is secure, and not in your works, but in the work of Jesus Christ. Stop relying on yourself, and rely on Christ alone for your security!
 
God just wants to take you deeper and truer into the special life He has for you. The real world, the world that endures forever, the world of the spirit, is only seen by us through the words of scripture. When you received the Holy Spirit that I know you have, it came through those words.

Lots of people are completely blind to God and the world of the spirit. We are surrounded by those people and they tell us that they know all about everything. They don't. God is present, and there is love present they are completely unaware of. Don't let it sweep you up into blinding you to the love, peace, and contentment that is of God.

So, go let God cleanse you clean as snow, pick up the bible, turn to psalms, and with David praise the Lord for He will guide you, now.
 
well lets just say... i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out, been like this for a few weeks.. and what's worst.. i feel like im losing something, but long story short.. is it possible to lose salvation..?

Hey Josh,
Let me just remind you with a short true story i've heard before.

A young man was always very confused about his faith. He wanted to become saved, but he wasn't sure if he would actually "become saved" if he prayed. So, he came to a pastor and after talking with the pastor, he finally decided he would get saved--he would accept Jesus Christ as his savior--and admit that he was a sinner and needed Jesus (God in human form) to wash away his sins. The young man finally prayed.

After he prayed, the Pastor asked the young man, "Now, how do you know you are a Christian?"
The young man replied, "Because now i feel God's peace in my heart!"
The pastor shook his head, "Think again."
The young man thought about it. "I'm saved because i asked Jesus into my heart."
The pastor nodded, "That's right. You are saved because of FAITH."

Brother, i highly doubt you've denounced Jesus as your Savior.
Just remember some key things. (these have ALWAYS helped me when i fall and make mistakes)

"For while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
God sent His Son for us, even for the ones He knew would walk away from Jesus and His free gift and never come back.
God LOVES US...and the nerve, all the audacity of the believers to think...."I got saved by Grace, but now that i'm in this deep dark place of bondage (of sin, of temptations, of despair), I better work hard to get myself out."
WHAT!??!?That's the OPPOSITE of the Gospel, Josh.
...i've fallen down pretty hard and seem to be stuck and can't get out...
Are you bound? Are you held under the power of this temptation and this sin? Do you feel like it's controlling you?
Honestly, What can YOU do? "I'm going to shake myself free?????"

Josh, we are NO MATCH for the powers of hell, and the urges of sin.
WE will NOT overcome it, and we will NEVER overcome it.

BUT THAT'S THE THING. There's no answer within ourselves. Our own goodness, our own discipline, our own devotion, trying hard to "get out"
There is ONLY ONE way we can get out, Josh.
JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE.

We all fall and mess up. We all have moments of doubt.
But please, brother, remember. It's NEVER about how you feel, or how much you try. It's all about Jesus.
So, don't ever doubt your salvation. Your name is in the book of LIFE and it can NOT be erased, no matter how much we trip and fall and make Jesus and God sad.

Jesus IS ENOUGH.
[video=youtube;RwX_EpNR4CA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwX_EpNR4CA[/video]
 
Your name is in the book of LIFE and it can NOT be erased, no matter how much we trip and fall and make Jesus and God sad.

Hi. :) Good counsel sister but I couldnt let this sentence you said go by without posting these two quick scriptures:
(Rev 3:5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(Rev 22:19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am NOT saying Josh is guilty of either of these, but to be technically thorough, under certain circumstances as defined here your name CAN be erased from the book of life. Just making sure that is said is all.

God bless you
 
  • Like
Reactions: starfield
Hi. :) Good counsel sister but I couldnt let this sentence you said go by without posting these two quick scriptures:
(Rev 3:5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(Rev 22:19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am NOT saying Josh is guilty of either of these, but to be technically thorough, under certain circumstances as defined here your name CAN be erased from the book of life. Just making sure that is said is all.

God bless you

lol, very true! thank you for pointing that out, brother!
^_^
 
Are you stronger than Jesus and the Father's Hand? If so then join the Trinity, if not, endure discipline for it comes from the loving Hand of God.

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
 
Thank you all for your concern and encouragement means a lot.. i honestly have no idea how this happen, it's just depression with everyday life had me bad and it's like the devil just.. sneak back in bad influences in my life and i feel terrible about it... i feel also ashame to even ask for forgiveness..