Is it possible?...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it possible to live a single day without sinning?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes, but I can count these sinless days using one hand

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, because we have a sinfull nature, we are a constant cesspool of sin

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 3, 2011
sin..

to remain without sin for an entire day means every single thought of that day would be completely pure..

we may be able to not do a particular kind of sin for a day.. but even our thoughts need to be perfect to not sin at all for a day.

it isn't just.. I didn't like or steal or cheat or lust etc.. it is I didn't even think about that!
An impure thought is temptation, not sin. What we must do is when we have a wrong though take it captive.

P

Peepers

That's not what Jesus teaches, if you've lusted you've committed adultery in your heart. If you are unjustifiably angry at your brother, you've committed murder in your heart.

Jul 3, 2011
That's not what Jesus teaches, if you've lusted you've committed adultery in your heart. If you are unjustifiably angry at your brother, you've committed murder in your heart.
It is one thing to have a thought go through your head to which you take captive, and bring into the obedience of Christ. It is quite another to dwell on that though letting it become lust or even an intention of the heart.

Mar 18, 2011
sin..

to remain without sin for an entire day means every single thought of that day would be completely pure..

we may be able to not do a particular kind of sin for a day.. but even our thoughts need to be perfect to not sin at all for a day.

it isn't just.. I didn't like or steal or cheat or lust etc.. it is I didn't even think about that!
thats a fact, but don't think thats not apprehendable. You can CHOOSE GOD. example (*you are walking into wal mart, there is a girl provocatively dressed, you see her and immediately look away, (aware of the temptation) your flesh says to look again, but Jesus says to look away, and to USE HIM as our strength. So what CAN we CHOOSE to do? not look back and choose to pray to Jesus, thanking Him for the deliverance of this sin. Praise GOD. if you can do it once, you can do it twice, etc. Through Jesus all things are possible. To say otherwise is putting a "limit" to the power of GOD.

S

See_KING_Truth

don't think thats not apprehendable. Through Jesus all things are possible. To say otherwise is putting a "limit" to the power of GOD.
Amen to that!

P

Peepers

It is one thing to have a thought go through your head to which you take captive, and bring into the obedience of Christ. It is quite another to dwell on that though letting it become lust or even an intention of the heart.
Well, I guess we need to better define what sin is then, I would most certainly say that the fact that we have those thoughts shows that we are indeed still sinful. Do you think Jesus had impure thoughts?

A

Abiding

I get up late every day so im out of the race for sure.:)

Jul 3, 2011
Well, I guess we need to better define what sin is then, I would most certainly say that the fact that we have those thoughts shows that we are indeed still sinful. Do you think Jesus had impure thoughts?
Yes, the bible says Jesus tempted in ALL ways like we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

If i have been tempted with lust, and Jesus was tempted is ALL ways just like me, then yes He was tempted with lust. Yet He never sinned, nor was He sinful.

Jul 3, 2011
Imagine Jesus standing in front of you saying, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." What would you tell Him?

Many today who say it is not possible to go one day without sinning cry, "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" So whom do they reprove by this argument? They reprove God, for commanding us to do something the fulfillment of which is impossible according to them.

If a person says he cannot live one day without sinning, that person makes a statement of faith and belief in his own experience and not the Scripture

"Go, sin no more" John 5:14; John 8:11
Awake to righteousness, and sin not 1 Cor. 15:34
"Little children, sin not" 1 John 2:1
''Shall we continue in sin?" Romans 6:1, 2
"Stand in awe, sin not" Ps. 4:4
"He that committeth sin is of the Devil" 1 John 3:8
"Whosoever is born of God doth not sin" 1 John 5:18; 3:9
"Let not sin reign in your bodies" Romans 6:12
"Sin shall not reign" Romans 6:14

Jul 3, 2011
Originally Posted by Peepers

Yes, the bible says Jesus tempted in ALL ways like we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

If i have been tempted with lust, and Jesus was tempted is ALL ways just like me, then yes He was tempted with lust. Yet He never sinned, nor was He sinful.
John Calvin said, "We on the other hand, deem it SIN when man is tickled by any desire at all against the law of God."

Is temptation sin as Calvin claims? I think not, lest we call Jesus a sinner.

If your belief about SIN has its roots in Calvin's teachings, you might want to do your homework to find out WHY you believe what it is you profess to believe.

To over define sin is to define sin wrongly, resulting in grave consequences.

Dec 19, 2009
I recently heard somebody say in the chatrooms that it is not possible to live a single day without sinning.

I am interested in seeing what others opinions are on this...So what do you think?
Not only is it possible to stop sinning for a day, it is necessary.

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

One must learn exactly what sin is.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
' be perfect '

the word perfect in the bible generally refers to-

teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

This doesn't mean never sinning

it means being mature.. complete.. of full age..

In the context of God.. perfection could mean sinlessness.. but not in the context of people.

Anyway..

I agree with sinning less.. Jesus obviously wants that for us.. so that we are no longer in bondage.. and are thinking on His payment for us so we don't abuse His grace..

but actually not sinning at all.. even for a day?

I don believe that is possible.

To love less = sin

To not help someone who needs it in some context = siin

To even think about stealing something = sin

Sin is imperfection.. human nature.

Dec 19, 2009
' be perfect '

the word perfect in the bible generally refers to-

teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

This doesn't mean never sinning

it means being mature.. complete.. of full age..

In the context of God.. perfection could mean sinlessness.. but not in the context of people.

Anyway..

I agree with sinning less.. Jesus obviously wants that for us.. so that we are no longer in bondage.. and are thinking on His payment for us so we don't abuse His grace..

but actually not sinning at all.. even for a day?

I don believe that is possible.

To love less = sin

To not help someone who needs it in some context = siin

To even think about stealing something = sin

Sin is imperfection.. human nature.
Perfect is perfect. We should stop sinning.