Is it wrong for me to wanting to be baptised with people i love around me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

karthik

Jul 3, 2019
i was saved recently after i met my girlfriend and she was the one who introduced grace to me and i started going to a church where i live for a few weeks now , but i feel strongly about wanting to be baptised at the church which my girlfriend goes to when i move there and start going to that church. Is there anything wrong with me wanting that? help me guys

K

kaylagrl

i was saved recently after i met my girlfriend and she was the one who introduced grace to me and i started going to a church where i live for a few weeks now , but i feel strongly about wanting to be baptised at the church which my girlfriend goes to when i move there and start going to that church. Is there anything wrong with me wanting that? help me guys
No, there should be no issue wherever you are baptized. It's simply a personal choice. My husband was baptized again because he felt he was too young and didn't understand fully what he was doing the first time. Our pastor had no issue with it so he was baptized in the church we were married in, which is where we attend now.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Why would it be wrong? It is natural, that's the place where you "saw" God's grace through them, got converted and that's where you want to celebrate it and that's where you want to stay, because you love these people and they love you. That's the church. "Love one another".

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Nothing wrong with that, but you need to make up your mind as to where your church home will be. Get some good advice from someone who is familiar with your situation first hand.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
^Finding a home church is not as easy for some.

But @OP no it is irrelevant, unless it's relevant to you. No command for or against, much like a wedding.

Feb 28, 2016
desiring to join in heart/Spirit with Christ in Baptism is an awesome thing...

L

Locoponydirtman

Drive out there and be baptized Sunday.

Aug 28, 2019
Nothing wrong with it , mostly because it will be your home church after you move . So it makes a lot of since to me .

Sep 13, 2018
No, there should be no issue wherever you are baptized. It's simply a personal choice. My husband was baptized again because he felt he was too young and didn't understand fully what he was doing the first time. Our pastor had no issue with it so he was baptized in the church we were married in, which is where we attend now.

I don't remember her saying that she was Baptized Again.

Feb 28, 2016
if one truly 'understands' what they are doing, then they are in the Will of God, but,
if they don't have a clue other than just 'getting-wet', following the crowd, then
of course it is of no profit, only grief...

been there, got that Tee-Shirt as a teen, with ever so many regrets before
witnessing the Holy-True-Light so many years later...

L

Locoponydirtman

if one truly 'understands' what they are doing, then they are in the Will of God, but,
if they don't have a clue other than just 'getting-wet', following the crowd, then
of course it is of no profit, only grief...

been there, got that Tee-Shirt as a teen, with ever so many regrets before
witnessing the Holy-True-Light so many years later...
Truely understands? I don't understand this, there are so many Christians, I would say especially in western culture that have only a very vapid level of understanding of what baptism is. Does understanding change who, God is or his promise?
Did the Ethiopian eunuch full understand baptism? From every account written in acts they baptized folks immediately upon believing in Jesus.
Why do we make things so complicated? If you notice the letter to the Romans an explanation is given to the believers, because they didn't understand, yet were baptized. We need to baptize everyone who believes without hesitation. A short synopsis should be offered and into the water.
You could offer the explanation as a baptismal sermon while you baptize if you felt it needed be.
We create to much doubt in folks mind by being overly tedious about the Gospel of truth.
So many times folks tell me they don't know of they are saved. I have two questions for that person. Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? Is they answer yes, I follow with are you baptized. If they say yes, I say you are indeed saved and a Christian, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.1.9.KJV
So confess them to him now and have faith.

If they answer either of the questions, no, then I work with them to rectify that.