Is Jesus a pagan god like Horus??? December 25th birth dates?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2013
3,356
122
63
32
Before I start I want to stress that I do not believe the title, at one point in time I did... But thank God He showed me the truth, and the faulty 'evidence' they have used to connect this topic... I am posting this for those who are stuck in this mind twisting, faith tempting battle as I was...

The story goes something like this...


Jesus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow a star (star of david)
taught in a temple
found asylum in Egypt
baptized at 30
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man, son of god.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day

Horus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow the eastern star
found asylum in Egypt
taught in a temple
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day.

Some use this as evidence of Jesus being a pagan sun god... And trying to confuse Christians into thinking that Christianity is a new form of sun worship. Please hold on to the little faith in Christ that remains if you have fallen into this trap... I urge you to pray and research this before counting these claims of a parallel of pagan gods and Jesus Christ as fact...
These 'parallels' were made public by the movie Zietgeist. The movie does pertain certain truths but then uses the infallibility of those truths to masquerade the fallible lies as truths. By self-testing and confirming the infallible truths to prove authenticity and gain credit. While many things in the Zietgeist movie are frauds (e.g. the Venus project economics) I believe this one must be publicly shown to be wrong. For many months this plagued my faith like a cancer. I do not wish that anyone else going through that experience to fall as far from their faith as I have. I urge you, if you are struggling with this issue or any like it... Please pray and seek God first in all things, and instead of taking this video as fact, or zietgeist as fact... Research... Research... Research...

[video=youtube;knNjbWKwz8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knNjbWKwz8E[/video]
 
Last edited:
Here's an excellent and comprehensive list of links concerning the so-called parallels between Christ and pagan gods and goddesses. I've checked out most of the links myself, they're very good.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Were Bible stories and characters stolen from pagan myths?[/FONT]
http://www.tektonics.org/copycathub.php
 
No Jesus is the son of God and Jesus is God, wereAs Horus is a sun god. who worships the son, along with Isis and seb. they are only gods. The pagans has twisted many of the bible truths to suit there beliefs.
 
Before I start I want to stress that I do not believe the title, at one point in time I did... But thank God He showed me the truth, and the faulty 'evidence' they have used to connect this topic... I am posting this for those who are stuck in this mind twisting, faith tempting battle as I was...

The story goes something like this...


Jesus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow a star (star of david)
taught in a temple
found asylum in Egypt
baptized at 30
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man, son of god.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day

Horus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow the eastern star
found asylum in Egypt
taught in a temple
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day.

Some use this as evidence of Jesus being a pagan sun god... And trying to confuse Christians into thinking that Christianity is a new form of sun worship. Please hold on to the little faith in Christ that remains if you have fallen into this trap... I urge you to pray and research this before counting these claims of a parallel of pagan gods and Jesus Christ as fact...
These 'parallels' were made public by the movie Zietgeist. The movie does pertain certain truths but then uses the infallibility of those truths to masquerade the fallible lies as truths. By self-testing and confirming the infallible truths to prove authenticity and gain credit. While many things in the Zietgeist movie are frauds (e.g. the Venus project economics) I believe this one must be publicly shown to be wrong. For many months this plagued my faith like a cancer. I do not wish that anyone else going through that experience to fall as far from their faith as I have. I urge you, if you are struggling with this issue or any like it... Please pray and seek God first in all things, and instead of taking this video as fact, or zietgeist as fact... Research... Research... Research...

[video=youtube;knNjbWKwz8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knNjbWKwz8E[/video]

Thank you so much for posting this. After watching Zietgeist, I too had a hard time of letting go of what they were saying.
 
Before I start I want to stress that I do not believe the title, at one point in time I did... But thank God He showed me the truth, and the faulty 'evidence' they have used to connect this topic... I am posting this for those who are stuck in this mind twisting, faith tempting battle as I was...

The story goes something like this...


Jesus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow a star (star of david)
taught in a temple
found asylum in Egypt
baptized at 30
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man, son of god.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day

Horus
born December 25th
born of a virgin
3 wise men follow the eastern star
found asylum in Egypt
taught in a temple
walked on water
called the way, the truth, the light, the son of man.
crucified
rose on the 3rd day.

Some use this as evidence of Jesus being a pagan sun god... And trying to confuse Christians into thinking that Christianity is a new form of sun worship. Please hold on to the little faith in Christ that remains if you have fallen into this trap... I urge you to pray and research this before counting these claims of a parallel of pagan gods and Jesus Christ as fact...
These 'parallels' were made public by the movie Zietgeist. The movie does pertain certain truths but then uses the infallibility of those truths to masquerade the fallible lies as truths. By self-testing and confirming the infallible truths to prove authenticity and gain credit. While many things in the Zietgeist movie are frauds (e.g. the Venus project economics) I believe this one must be publicly shown to be wrong. For many months this plagued my faith like a cancer. I do not wish that anyone else going through that experience to fall as far from their faith as I have. I urge you, if you are struggling with this issue or any like it... Please pray and seek God first in all things, and instead of taking this video as fact, or zietgeist as fact... Research... Research... Research...

[video=youtube;knNjbWKwz8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knNjbWKwz8E[/video]


What I heard is, there is pagan religion that deliberately make Jesus like pagan god. To manipulate real Jesus with pagan god.
 
I know one thing in the Jesus list that is not correct. He was not born December 25th He was born in what we in the northern hemisphere consider the warmer months. It was decided that we would celebrate Christs birth on the 25th of December because it coincided with a pagan holiday in Ancient European culture.

How December 25 Became Christmas – Biblical Archaeology Society
The video touches on how December 25th became the day Christians were forced to worship Christs birthday due to multiple reasons... :)

Thanks for the link :)
 
First, I want to say that I am a new member, and so far I am enjoying this site as I seem to be finding a whole bunch of like minded Christians here.

Now, as far as the movie Zeitgeist goes, I don't know if anyone has done any research on this movie and its information source. But, if you have, you will find that the source of the information that was used in this movie came from a person by the name of, Jordan Maxwell. You can find a whole bunch of his videos on YouTube. A little bit of research on this guy will reveal that he is an "occultist" and has publicly stated that he has studied Helena Blavatsky a/k/a Madam Blavatsky. Madam Blavatsky, for those who are not familiar, was a big occultist from the mid 1800s. She is the one who came up with what we now call the "green movement"! She is the one who started the whole New Age movement as this was her brain child!

Madam Blavatsky inspired Aleister Crowley who inspired Adolph Hitler! See a pattern here?

Jordan Maxwell has publicly admitted that he doesn't like Christians and that ALL "born-again" Christians should not be trusted. This is the man of who's information was the sole source for the movie's inspiration.
 
anyone who knows anything about ancient egyptian mythology can see right through the zeitgeist nonsense...

but 'zeitgeist' is a good example of exactly what conspiracy theory is really all about...this movie -begins- by leading viewers to reject christianity...the truth is that it is -impossible- to fully disentangle conspiracy theory from the anti christian new ageism it is rooted in...and conspiracy theory eventually and inevitably leads people -away- from christ...
 
RBS…I agree with you, movies such as Zeitgeist are intended to pull people away from Christianity. And I do agree that the New Age movement is doing what it can to confuse people and associate Christians with conspiracy. That, I am sure, we can all agree on.
 
RBS…I agree with you, movies such as Zeitgeist are intended to pull people away from Christianity. And I do agree that the New Age movement is doing what it can to confuse people and associate Christians with conspiracy. That, I am sure, we can all agree on.

'zeitgeist' is basically a nutshell presentation of conspiracy theory...the only difference between 'christian' conspiracy theorists and the zeitgeist people is that they believe in one more conspiracy theory than you do...but both of your minds are operating in exactly the same postmodernist way...

eventually one of three things will happen...a 'christian' conspiracy theorist can regain their sanity and reject conspiracy theory...which rarely happens... or else they follow their methods to their logical conclusion and conclude that christianity itself is a conspiracy...at which point they come into agreement with the zeitgeist people... or what usually happens...they openly abandon all pretense of intellectual honesty or logical consistency and simply continue to claim two contradictory and mutually exclusive worldviews...namely christianity and conspiracy theory...at the same time...

but make no mistake...that last group will not escape from the truth that nobody can serve two masters...either you serve christ or you serve postmodernism via conspiracy theory...