Is Jesus in heaven right now?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Sorry for the maybe naive question, but is Jesus in heaven right now?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Yes - sitting at the right hand of the Father on His throne. (the Father's throne)

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Jesus is in the third heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father. He is a prince in waiting. He is making intercession for the saints.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭

“And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?

this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:9-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭4:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Mar 23, 2016
... several more verses for your review:

Acts 7:55-56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Apr 8, 2023
Jesus is in the third heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father. He is a prince in waiting. He is making intercession for the saints.
@John146 Sorry, John, but "the third heaven"? I thought there was only one Heaven?!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
... several more verses for your review:

Acts 7:55-56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Amen and some more to add also from the prophets and psalms

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭

“Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, Upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself. So will not we go back from thee: Quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, Cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭80:17-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: Rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, In the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: Thou hast the dew of thy youth. The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭110:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The easy answer is yes. He is indeed seated at the right hand of the Father. But it is also true that He is in you...I live, yet not I, but Christ dwelleth in me. He is also present in the fellowship of believers...where 2 or more are gathered in My name, there shall I be in the midst of them. He is also a present in corporate worship of the saints...I will declare Thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church...
There is more that can be added to this list, so it's actually a more complex question than at first glance.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The easy answer is yes. He is indeed seated at the right hand of the Father. But it is also true that He is in you...I live, yet not I, but Christ dwelleth in me. He is also present in the fellowship of believers...where 2 or more are gathered in My name, there shall I be in the midst of them. He is also a present in corporate worship of the saints...I will declare Thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church...
There is more that can be added to this list, so it's actually a more complex question than at first glance.
Amen

Hebrews us a great place to really study this

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
@John146 Sorry, John, but "the third heaven"? I thought there was only one Heaven?!
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens (plural) and the earth.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

There are three heavens. The 1st heaven encompasses the sky and the visible stars and objects. There is some debate about the 2nd heaven. It is typically thought to be outer space. It is also thought to be the unseen spiritual realm below the 3rd heaven. The 3rd heaven is where the throne of the Lord resides.

It's important to note that the heavens were created. All three are integral in God's plan for all people.

Apr 8, 2023
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens (plural) and the earth.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

There are three heavens. The 1st heaven encompasses the sky and the visible stars and objects. There is some debate about the 2nd heaven. It is typically thought to be outer space. It is also thought to be the unseen spiritual realm below the 3rd heaven. The 3rd heaven is where the throne of the Lord resides.

It's important to note that the heavens were created. All three are integral in God's plan for all people.
@Aaron56 Thank you for this, brother Aaron: great answer! I didn't know this; thanks again.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes, He's in heaven with the Father; however, he's also everywhere through the Holy Spirit.
“Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬