Is Jesus your Lord?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
?huh? So, we are supposed to ignore God's [19] Commands Concerning doctrine,
because of your definition?:

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Rom_6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

1Ti_1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1Ti_1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1Ti_4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

1Ti_4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1Ti_4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1Ti_5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

1Ti_6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

1Ti_6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

2Ti_3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti_3:16 ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Tit_1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Tit_2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit_2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Tit_2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

??? friend, surely you jest [ x 19 ]?
I expected this response and yeah you do have a point ... to a point. And I've been pondering and praying to understand how that fits in. Doctrine is after all taught in the Bible, as you have pointed out.

But the doctrine in the Bible is doctrine that came direct from God/Jesus and the apostles. What we have today is man's interpretations of that doctrine. That is why in the Bible there is one doctrine, today pretty much every denomination has it's own.

That's not to say doctrine doesn't have it's place and importance, it very much does. People need guidelines and goal posts to strive after.

But, it is not doctrine that determines ones 'righteousness'. It is fruit and works that determine whether one's doctrine is righteous.

And if we are as well.

I apologize, I did not mean to say that doctrine is unimportant.

But fruit and works, they will always be true, even when doctrine isn't.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Blain, I do understand what you speak to about people needing to commit to Jesus.
But what I have been shown it is not about leaving others behind, but all about mercy.
For all that Jesus did for us, is about God's mercy.
In a world so full of condemnation, mercy is in very short supply.:cautious:
A brused weed He will not crush, is what was said about Jesus when the Holy Spirit came upon Him.

Dont forget the importance and power of mercy in Jesus. :)

God bless
pickles

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I expected this response and yeah you do have a point ... to a point. And I've been pondering and praying to understand how that fits in. Doctrine is after all taught in the Bible, as you have pointed out.

But the doctrine in the Bible is doctrine that came direct from God/Jesus and the apostles. What we have today is man's interpretations of that doctrine. That is why in the Bible there is one doctrine, today pretty much every denomination has it's own.

That's not to say doctrine doesn't have it's place and importance, it very much does. People need guidelines and goal posts to strive after.

But, it is not doctrine that determines ones 'righteousness'. It is fruit and works that determine whether one's doctrine is righteous.

And if we are as well.

I apologize, I did not mean to say that doctrine is unimportant.

But fruit and works, they will always be true, even when doctrine isn't.
You put it very well. Doctrine as we know it today is in fact man made it isn't hard to see the giant web that forms so called biblical doctrine but true doctrine doesn't seperate our understanding and it doesn't divide the body that is the main tactic of the enemy confused and divide

True doctrine will only be found in Jesus Christ, we see the bible and we seperate it with our concieved doctrines and views we divide the word and line it up with our understanding even though we claim to be taking it all in with the holy spirit.

This is why I say to into it without any doctrine or preconcieved beliefs and understanding, you look at the word of God as a whole you take a step back and consider the bigger questions. instead of trying to understand what it is saying what if we considered why so many cannot seem to understand it and why is it we ourselves can't seem to either.

We have rewire our thinking we cannot keep going at this with the same method because it clearly doesn't work.