"No Other Doctrine But...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
...Right Division

For or many years a family in a northern state lived on the banks
of a river. As time passed, more children were added until the total was
ten, plus the mother and the father. Each year as winter approached the
father would gather the children to his side and, in no uncertain terms,
explain that no one was to ever go out on the ice.

One Monday, three of the children decided to walk across the frozen
ice as a shortcut on their way to school. Some of the older children
begged them not to, and reminded them of their Dad’s stern warning.
“Nothing is going to happen to us. Just leave us alone. We’ll be just
fine.” So off the three children went.

Because the water was more shallow at first, the ice was quite thick.
So, with a false sense of security, the three children began to run.
Suddenly, the ice beneath their feet began to crack, and all three
plunged into the icy water, never to be seen again.

In a spiritual sense, many of God’s children are doing something
very similar...

[In view Of Judgment, may we kindly ask:
how many of us are on the thin ice of false doctrine?]

...When the Apostle Paul writes to Timothy at Ephesus, he says,

“I besought thee...that thou mightest charge some
that they teach no other doctrine” (I Tim. 1:3)...​
"
(J Fredericksen)

FULL study:
No Other Doctrine But Right Division

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

GRACE And Peace...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Read through the Article and did not see an explanation of "Right Division." What I read was that the Author put forth that we were to teach only what the Apostle Paul taught. All well and good, as long as we understand that what the other Apostles taught are also worthy of being taught.

As well, WHAT JESUS TAUGHT should be the main docrinal materials we should teach. After all, it is His Gospel that Paul and the other Apostles taught.

I wonder why some people stress teaching what Paul taught, and rarely mention what Jesus Himself said? I find that interesting......

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Most people who have issues with Paul use the other Apostles teachings and the Lords Teachings to contradict what Paul has taught.

Because they don't really understand what the Lord Jesus taught or what the other Apostles taught. They think they do. But none of these teachings contradict each other, even if they seem to on first reading.

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

The whole bible is teaching who Christ is and what He does for us.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
My doctrine:
John 3:16-17
Romans 10:9-10

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Read through the Article and did not see an explanation of "Right Division."
Appreciate your taking time to do so, as I fear Most will not.
Here is a brief example of "Right Division" - hope this helps:

The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided! i.e.:

God's Previous Context of:

"Prophecy/Law" {earthly} Christ And The TWELVE, gospel of the kingdom,
ISRAEL [TWELVE tribes] prominent! {past/future} "faith PLUS [water] works"

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

God's Current Context of:

"Mystery/GRACE!" {Heavenly!} Risen And Glorified Christ, Gospel Of GRACE,
Jew And Gentile "Equal!" In The ONE Body Of CHRIST, By ONE Baptism, The
Holy Spirit's OPERATION!!
↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑ ↓​
{Current, Today!} "GRACE Through faith" Apart From ALL [our] works,
For God's Eternal Salvation/Assurance

Conclusion:

"Things That Differ" are simply not the same (1 Corinthians 14:33), so:
Mixing [Present] GRACE and [past/future] works Never works! (Romans 11:6)

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Appreciate your taking time to do so, as I fear Most will not.
Here is a brief example of "Right Division" - hope this helps:

"Prophecy/Law" {earthly} Christ And The TWELVE, gospel of the kingdom,
ISRAEL [TWELVE tribes] prominent! {past/future} "faith PLUS [water] works"

God's Current Context of:

Holy Spirit's OPERATION!!​

Conclusion:

Unfortunately, the ultra/Hyper dispensationalists (or Paul onlyists) wrongly divide scripture.

Instead of rightly handling scripture you divorce Paul from it!

Its dangerous teaching.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I find this statement very telling-“Insofar as Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles, it is BBS's firm conviction that in his epistles alone we have the doctrine, position, walk, and destiny for the Church, the Body of Christ, during the dispensation of Grace.”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Click-baiting, fear-mongering twaddle, devoid of any meaningful application or spiritual insight.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Click-baiting, fear-mongering twaddle, devoid of any meaningful application or spiritual insight.
There you are, lol, never have to wonder where you stand, lol. Hope you are well, Dino

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There you are, lol, never have to wonder where you stand, lol. Hope you are well, Dino
Thanks! ... I think. ;)

If this were his first post of the type (someone else's pseudobiblical ideas presented with a clickbait title), I might have been less forthright. It isn't, by far, so some direct feedback is in order.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks! ... I think. ;)

If this were his first post of the type (someone else's pseudobiblical ideas presented with a clickbait title), I might have been less forthright. It isn't, by far, so some direct feedback is in order.
I was being sincere Dino. I was just thinking of you, wondering how you were, then this popped up. You are always clear Dino and direct. One of your strengths. I know that you use discernment in your interactions. I have seen it. I just wanted to say hi. Probably not the best time or place, lol..sorry about that.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I was being sincere Dino. I was just thinking of you, wondering how you were, then this popped up. You are always clear Dino and direct. One of your strengths. I know that you use discernment in your interactions. I have seen it. I just wanted to say hi. Probably not the best time or place, lol..sorry about that.
"Hi" is always welcome. I'm doing well, enjoying newly-married life. :)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Read through the Article and did not see an explanation of "Right Division." What I read was that the Author put forth that we were to teach only what the Apostle Paul taught. All well and good, as long as we understand that what the other Apostles taught are also worthy of being taught.

As well, WHAT JESUS TAUGHT should be the main docrinal materials we should teach. After all, it is His Gospel that Paul and the other Apostles taught.

I wonder why some people stress teaching what Paul taught, and rarely mention what Jesus Himself said? I find that interesting......
I wonder why some people stress teaching what Paul taught, and rarely mention what Jesus Himself said? I find that interesting......”

“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If I’m going to deceive you I have to get you away from the truth have to get you to not acknolwedge it

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If o don’t want to hear God d don’t want other to hear God I’m going to need to trim your ears away from what he said and if I can say “ Paul’s the judge , he’s the one we have to hear to be saved , Paul’s the authority over the church ect then I can do this

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:15-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul really wasn’t vague when it came to Jesus word

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:3-5‬ ‭

the idea that paul somehow replaced Jesus or his words somehow replaced Jesus words is something we have to believe in order to be tirned away from the truth and to fables and deceptions claiming truth

the reason some don that is they want to teach you thier doctrine they don’t want you hearing Gods doctrine first

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.

He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

paul is one of Jesus servants most don’t realize Paul was preaching to people who had already heard the gospel it was spreading throughout the regions for a long time before Paul’s conversion

he wasn’t ever saying “ you don’t need to believe the gospel and word of God you have been hearing about and instead believe me “

he was teaching believers of the gospel the revelations ofnthe gospel promised by Jesus

“But ye have not so learned Christ; if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:20-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Forst we hear and believe Jesus then we can understand Paul’s words he’s just as any apostle it doesn’t matter who we heard the gospel from

“For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. …Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:9, 11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it doesn’t matter the name of the preacher it matters if he’s preaching Jesus and the kingdom

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s the word of God Jesus word is when God came and spoke to mankind and said “ go tell everyone in the world what I said whoever believes will be saved”

it’s eternal Life if we hear it and believe and follow where that faith leads us but it’s also jidgement if we reject it

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus words will never change or end it is the everlasting covenant t he promised tommake

so if I don’t want you to know that I need to convince you it’s not for you subtly “ it’s true but it’s for the Jews “ it’s true but it’s the law we aren’t under the law “ “ it’s true but now oil came and it doesn’t apply only the word grace applies “

If we hear the gospel we’re going to be herring Gods own. Words about eternal life and salvstion

then like letters make sense because he was a believer not an innovator

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Instead of rightly handling scripture you divorce Paul from it!
Precious friend, I apologize for the error of my ways -
corrected ✔ ✔ below!:

"Prophecy/Law" {earthly} Christ And The TWELVE apostleS, ✔ ✔
gospel of the kingdom
, ISRAEL [TWELVE tribes] prominent!
{past/future} "faith PLUS [water] works"

God's Current Context of "GRACE Committed To

"ONE apostle, Paul" ✔ ✔:​

Holy Spirit's OPERATION!!

Conclusion:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Precious friend, I apologize for the error of my ways -
corrected ✔ ✔ below!:

"Prophecy/Law" {earthly} Christ And The TWELVE apostleS, ✔ ✔
gospel of the kingdom, ISRAEL [TWELVE tribes] prominent!
{past/future} "faith PLUS [water] works"

God's Current Context of "GRACE Committed To

"ONE apostle, Paul" ✔ ✔:​

Holy Spirit's OPERATION!!​

Conclusion:

Divorcing Paul from Jesus...

Hyper/ultra dispensationalism (Paul onlyism) is unbiblical, and as others have aptly named it ' the two gospel heresy'.

Don't need to say anything more.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Don't need to say anything more.
OK, Most minds are made up, fair enough...

However, for those still Confused:
What I read was that the Author put forth that we were to teach only what the Apostle Paul taught.
Precious friend, no, we are to "study ALL Scripture That Is Profitable" FOR our
learning/hope (Rom. 15:4). However, we only apply "what Is Applicable TO us,
Under GRACE, Which IS "What God Gave Paul," TO us - more "Rightly Divided
examples (a couple of 18 Biblical Distinctions + #19 is here)!:

In God's Context of Prophecy/Law:

(16) Forgive others FIRST, THEN God Will Forgive!
(Matthew 6:14-15, 18:35; Mark 11:25-26; Luke 6:37 KJB!)

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From (RDF) “Things That Differ” (online)

In God's Other Context Of Mystery/GRACE!:

(16) Forgive others BECAUSE CHRIST Has Already FORGIVEN us!
(
Ephesians 4:32 KJB!)

Prophecy/Law:
(17) Taught how/what to pray! (Matthew 6:9; Luke 11:2 KJB!)

RDf

Mystery/GRACE!:
(17a) we Are Exhorted to "...Make our requests known Unto God!"
(
Philippians 4:6 KJB!) While, At The Same Time, God "Teaches":

(17b) Concerning our infirmities, we "know Not" what to pray "as we ought,"
But "The Spirit Intercedeth FOR us, According To The Will Of God!..."
(
Romans 8:26 KJB!)
-------------------------
Which do you obey? Or, would you rather choose the tradition of
homogenization
into Confusion?

GRACE And Peace...

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Wondering how the critic would react if we called "his/her diligent Bible study"
the following:

"fear-mongering twaddle, devoid of any meaningful application or spiritual insight. "???

So, we react with, just moving along, and simply
"keep running The GRACE race," For our Blessed Saviour:
Eph_4:15 "...speaking The Truth in love, [so we] may grow up​
Into Him in all things, Which is The Head, Even Christ"​

GRACE And Peace...

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
When you teach that Jesus and Paul taught 2 different Gospels I would say you misunderstand grace and wrongly divide the word (small w) of God.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
...Right Division

For or many years a family in a northern state lived on the banks
of a river. As time passed, more children were added until the total was
ten, plus the mother and the father. Each year as winter approached the
father would gather the children to his side and, in no uncertain terms,
explain that no one was to ever go out on the ice.

One Monday, three of the children decided to walk across the frozen
ice as a shortcut on their way to school. Some of the older children
begged them not to, and reminded them of their Dad’s stern warning.
“Nothing is going to happen to us. Just leave us alone. We’ll be just
fine.” So off the three children went.

Because the water was more shallow at first, the ice was quite thick.
So, with a false sense of security, the three children began to run.
Suddenly, the ice beneath their feet began to crack, and all three
plunged into the icy water, never to be seen again.

In a spiritual sense, many of God’s children are doing something
very similar...

[In view Of Judgment, may we kindly ask:
how many of us are on the thin ice of false doctrine?]

...When the Apostle Paul writes to Timothy at Ephesus, he says,

“I besought thee...that thou mightest charge some​
that they teach no other doctrine” (I Tim. 1:3)...​
"
(J Fredericksen)

FULL study:
No Other Doctrine But Right Division

View attachment 242582

GRACE And Peace...
That was bold. I salute you. These days people select their own set of "doctrine" like they select their favorite flavor of ice-cream.