Is Kamala Harris an African-American?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Also, being half black, they would not have been too welcomed in the Indian community.
Really? Why is that? Do you mean that Indians are racist? I thought it was just "white folks" that could be considered racist....

I'm confused...:rolleyes:

T

TheIndianGirl

Really? Why is that? Do you mean that Indians are racist? I thought it was just "white folks" that could be considered racist....

I'm confused...:rolleyes:
Yes, Indians and a lot of other people (Koreans, for example) can be very racist.

I have read articles that in IT companies in the U.S. where there are lots of Indians, the Indian managers apply the caste system. So, the lower caste Indians do not get high positions. The lower caste Indians are usually darker skin.

While whites can also be racist, I disagree that only whites are racist.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
While whites can also be racist, I disagree that only whites are racist.
That is because you are honest.
There is racism in every race, it is part of our human make-up to be distrustful of people that don't look or act like us.
Even sociologists have a term for it.... ethnocentrism. "If you aren't part of my group (whatever that group may be) you are suspect, and somehow less than me and my group"
Jesus didn't see it that way, and neither should we.

That is why it is despicable for Kamala Harris to be pretending to be African American... she's trying to use racism to advance her political position. Much like Elizabeth Warren did.

K

Kim82

She's actually "Caribbean american" or "Jamaican american" if you want to be accurate.
If you want to be accurate, you can't leave off the Indian part of her.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
If you want to be accurate, you can't leave off the Indian part of her.
Oh, I agree..... SHE'S the one that doesn't agree with that. She's African American, right?

and, for the record, I think claiming to be some kind of "hyphenated American" makes you much less of a real American. I could claim to be Irish American, because my ancestors, way back, were from Ireland. I've never even been there. At least I can FIND Ireland on a map, which is more than I can say for many folks claiming they are "from Africa"....

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Speaking of ethnocentrisim I read this odd story about the making of the original Planet of the Apes - the one starring Charlton Heston. The make up procedure was long and laborious and took some time to finish most of the "apes" for the movie. Some were orangatang, some ape, some chimp and other types. While most of the cast were friends or good acquaintences the strange phenomenon was that the "orangatangs" started sitting with other orangatangs at lunch or time off. Same with the apes. Same with the chimps. Even though they knew who each other was inside their make up. They continued to hangout with their own "kind" all during filming. No one really noticed it until the "humans' pointed it out. True story.

K

Kim82

That is why it is despicable for Kamala Harris to be pretending to be African American...
That is why it is despicable for Kamala Harris to be pretending to be African American
She is half black, and once you are half black, you are black. This is what white slave owners and racicist whites have said. Back in the days, Half white, half black people were not welcomed in white society. White man did not acknowledged his half black child and give them same status as the white ones, cause he was ashamed of them.

So where does that leave the half black person? TheIndianGirl has pointed out that kamala would not have been accepted by the Indians.

So what is this half black, half Indian to do?

Why is white people telling Harris she is not black? Do they call a half black, half white person white? Or do they tell the half white person that he is black?

Until white people start calling half white/ half black person white, then that half white person will refer to them self as black.

And until the Indian people accept the half black/half Indian as being Indian, then Harris will continue to say she is black.

Black people anywhere call themselves African. Just as how a Indian person living anywhere who was not born in India call them self Indian. And a Chinese person anywhere who was not born in China call himself Chinese.

Why are white people concerned that Harris is calling herself black?????

Are white people going to call half white/half black people white? Or must those people continue to call themself black? Well in that same way, let kamala refer to herself as black.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
She is half black, and once you are half black, you are black. This is what white slave owners and racicist whites have said. Back in the days, Half white, half black people were not welcomed in white society. White man did not acknowledged his half black child and give them same status as the white ones, cause he was ashamed of them.

So where does that leave the half black person? TheIndianGirl has pointed out that kamala would not have been accepted by the Indians.

So what is this half black, half Indian to do?

Why is white people telling Harris she is not black? Do they call a half black, half white person white? Or do they tell the half white person that he is black?

Until white people start calling half white/ half black person white, then that half white person will refer to them self as black.

And until the Indian people accept the half black/half Indian as being Indian, then Harris will continue to say she is black.

Black people anywhere call themselves African. Just as how a Indian person living anywhere who was not born in India call them self Indian. And a Chinese person anywhere who was not born in China call himself Chinese.

Why are white people concerned that Harris is calling herself black?????

Are white people going to call half white/half black people white? Or must those people continue to call themself black? Well in that same way, let kamala refer to herself as black.
half black, yes. NOT African American. It's actuallly pretty simple...

K

Kim82

And in the end her race will not matter. Its what she stands for, and her ability to run the country, if it should come down to that, is what will truly matter.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Idk she claims to be African American and Asian American but her parents were from Jamaica and India.

I need a geography lesson here. Are Indians Asian Americans? I guess they're from Asia, but I've never heard them classify themselves like this. I would think she would be Jamaican and Indian.

I really don't care how she classifies herself. But I'm sure it has more to do with politics than anything.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
And in the end her race will not matter. Its what she stands for, and her ability to run the country, if it should come down to that, is what will truly matter.
Of course race doesn't matter as to the qualities of the individual.

What matters is if she is willing to lie about it to gain political "favor". But, as we've already decided, all politicians lie, to some extent.

I WANTED Obama to be a good president, and was happy to see a bi-racial person elected. But his goals and choices as president were nowhere near lined up with what was good for the nation.

If we were electing a president strictly on moral character, I would want Jimmy Carter back in office.... but he was a pretty terrible president. I would have loved to see Ben Carson elected, but he couldn't win the primary. I would LOVE to see Alan West as president... he has the background and the correct vision for our nation.

There are MANY "people of color" that I would love to see in the Oval Office.... Condoleeza Rice comes to mind.

So, race does NOT matter... at least to me.... what DOES matter is the vision they have for our nation, and the ability to "buck the system" to achieve those visions.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Myself and many, many white people voted for Obama in 2008 vs war POW John McCain , so how do you justify calling us ''racist'' ?

K

Kim82

What matters is if she is willing to lie about it to gain political "favor".
what is there to lie about? She is biracial.

Are you concerned that she will win the election just for saying she is black?

Whether people are for or against her, it will not just be because of her saying she is black, they will look at other issues. But if all people can go on about is her race then that is a cause for concern.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Alan Keyes was my choice in 96, 2000, 08 but didn't win the republican nomination ... Here's some of his stance when he ran against Obama for senator 04 ..

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
what is there to lie about? She is biracial.

Are you concerned that she will win the election just for saying she is black?

Whether people are for or against her, it will not just be because of her saying she is black, they will look at other issues. But if all people can go on about is her race then that is a cause for concern.
I'm not concerned she will win anything. She might... who knows?

My personal belief is that she would be very bad for our nation, because of her political beliefs. Everyone knows that Biden will likely not last a full term before he gets hustled off with some medical/mental issue, leaving her in charge. If her political beliefs were conservative, I'd vote for her... if she was the candidate. Her race makes zero difference to me.

If people are not going to vote for her mainly because she's half black, then why even bring it up? Why not just run as Uncle Joe and Kamala, two liberals wanting to be president? Or why not run as Joe and Kamala, the Indian.... she'd be our first Indian vice president.... but that wouldn't get the traction that being black does.
It's been trumpeted in the press non stop with the primary intention of firing up the "black vote".... expecting them to vote for her JUST because she's a black woman.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Alan Keyes was my choice in 96, 2000, 08 but didn't win the republican nomination ... Here's some of his stance when he ran against Obama for senator 04 ..
Keyes would have been a good choice, as well.