Is man allowed by God to space travel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 17, 2019
The Bible says that God is “the Maker of heaven and earth. As regards the heavens, to God the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men”—Psalm 115:15, 16. Still, man was told by God to ‘multiply and fill the earth.’ (Genesis 1:28) At the same time, he was given intelligence and an insatiable desire to know more about his context, including the biosphere, the stratosphere, and beyond. That context includes our tiny solar system and the stars beyond. Thus, King David was inspired to write some three thousand years ago: “When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have prepared, what is mortal man that you keep him in mind, and the son of earthling man that you take care of him?”—Psalm 8:3, 4.

While we wonder in amazement at the marvelous creations of the heavens based upon our God given intelligence, curiosity and ambitions, space still is and will remain an inhospitable place to live for humans and our divinely assign residence is planet earth.

7seasrekeyed

I've got four questions for people who believe the moon landing:
1. Why haven't the Russians gone there yet (since they competed in everything and Russia had a pretty developed space program too)? Or any other country? It's expensive, but how many years has it been?
2. Why haven't NASA astronauts gone there a few more times?
3. Why hasn't some kind of a research base been built there yet?
4. Why hasn't any international regulation been legislated to restrict access (like Anctarctic Treaty)? Govts are normally very quick to block and regulate exotic areas of research interest. Now millionaires are launching their own space programs. I mean I might be wrong maybe they did go, but it looks incredibly staged and things just don't add up. Not saying they didn't go just that it's not convincing, just like the OP.

Hello NASA?

there's a lady here who has a few questions for you

I am sure you have the answers since you have been getting these questions for years now....:whistle:

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
1. Why haven't the Russians gone there yet (since they competed in everything and Russia had a pretty developed space program too)? Or any other country? It's expensive, but how many years has it been?
Since the U.S. is not the only Nation to have visited the surface of the moon, maybe a better question would have been if you asked yourself why am I asking this question.... :unsure:

The former government of Russian landed the Luna 9 spacecraft on the moon on February 3, 1966.

The Nation of China landed the Chang'e-4 spacecraft on the moon in 2019.

2. Why haven't NASA astronauts gone there a few more times?
Why hasn't man built a pyramid? One might say because the knowledge was hidden from them who are lost. But what purpose would it serve? However, some say that the lost of technology is the result of industrial disease.
3. Why hasn't some kind of a research base been built there yet?
You can't build a pyramid without water.....
4. Why hasn't any international regulation been legislated to restrict access (like Anctarctic Treaty)? Govts are normally very quick to block and regulate exotic areas of research interest.
Man's World Government has no authority to extend it's jurisdiction over any space above the bow that was set in the cloud as the landmark between the kingdom of heaven and the land that man was given dominion over per the Treaty of Genesis Art. 1, sec. 26..

Not saying they didn't go just that it's not convincing, just like the OP.
Not trying to prove that they were trespassing, just saying they were forgiven.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Why hasn't man built a pyramid? One might say because the knowledge was hidden from them who are lost
Thanks for replying. I really didn't know about that treaty.
But I'm not convinced about the pyramid part, and even less about going to the moon in a nanosecond technology that they destroyed...

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Since the U.S. is not the only Nation to have visited the surface of the moon
I think this might be a better explanation for why I saying US are not the people that visited the surface of the moon.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
I really didn't know about that treaty.
"... and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

But I'm not convinced about the pyramid part,
Trust me, it has been over a thousand years since man has built a pyramid out of stone like the ancients.

and even less about going to the moon in a nanosecond technology that they destroyed...
Could you clarify what you mean, it sounds like you think he said that man had the technology to go to the moon in a nanosecond but they destroyed it, which if that is the case is then let me say, that is not what he said.

Jun 10, 2019
From what I’ve read on the space program and some things I’ve seen I’ve been on a few nasa bases contractor working, The U.S. landed six times 69-72 there was a space race between America and Russia. the Russian put the first man in space 61 reason they never get to the moon is a series of failed rocket launches exploded on the launch pad the rocket called N1 never did get off the ground. they pretty much jumped on board the international space station America and Russia started it.

A rocket needed to get to the moon is a lot more powerful than to the orbit of earth. six landings Apollo missions was enough and there was some problems as well Apollo 13 never did land had a oxygen issue on board. some Apollo missions later was orbital missions.

the moon is rock not much there to do but collect dirt samples etc. it’s not worth placing a outpost there. so attention went to building a shuttle program to haul parts needed for a international space station that took awhile to haul all the modules up into the orbit around earth and assembled in space. that had set backs too 1986 challenger lives lost. once the space station was built and became a artificial habitat in the orbit of space 1998 the shuttle program ended. ever since 98 people have been living up there in space for the last 21 years.

today the next step is a habitat orbital platform completed over the next few years nasa goal is by 2024 landing back on the moon then the space habitation around the moon then outpost on mars

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
"... and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that crepeth...
I misunderstood you, I thought there was some UN treaty or something that was just poetically called Genesis that forbids private claims of outer space. Let me sip more coffee I am apparently not awake yet.

Jun 10, 2019
The Saturn V rocket that took humans beyond earths orbit retired in 73 it was the largest most powerful rocket ever built. the technology isn’t lost its blueprints are still around, but the equipment used with every thing to launch the Saturn V has been dismantled and is obsolete.

the latest rockets is to go back and beyond the moon is the Blue Origin, New Glenn, space launch system and a few more,

spaceX has developed the Falcon to take visitors to the orbit of the earth.

SpaceX's competitor, United Launch Alliance, has the Delta IV Heavy.

Jun 10, 2019
Blue origin the first to launch and land and repeat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Man's World Government has no authority to extend it's jurisdiction over any space above the bow that was set in the cloud as the landmark between the kingdom of heaven and the land that man was given dominion over per the Treaty of Genesis Art. 1, sec. 26..
Um... what? There is no "Treaty of Genesis". The rainbow was given unilaterally by God as a sign of His promise that He would not again destroy the earth with a flood of water. Nothing whatsoever in the text suggests that it is a boundary or a landmark between kingdoms.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Um... what? There is no "Treaty of Genesis".
That's rich. "Surely the personages of Gods hath not said"

The rainbow was given unilaterally by God as a sign of His promise that He would not again destroy the earth with a flood of water.
So where were you when the foundations of the world were laid? Declare it if thou has understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if you know? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
When was the earth covered with a garment, or should I even bother to ask if you know when it came to pass?

So there is no confusion, those are rhetorical questions.

Considering that the bow that was set in the cloud, my only question would be who you?

Nothing in the text suggest that man would see the bow in the cloud, in fact it is written, "and when I look upon it". So are you suggesting that you are God?

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

So where you in a cloud when you first saw a rainbow? :ROFL:

Nothing whatsoever in the text suggests that it is a boundary or a landmark between kingdoms.
How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger! Lam 2:1

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That's rich. "Surely the personages of Gods hath not said"
Try being relevant.

So where were you when the foundations of the world were laid? Declare it if thou has understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if you know? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
When was the earth covered with a garment, or should I even bother to ask if you know when it came to pass?

So there is no confusion, those are rhetorical questions.

Considering that the bow that was set in the cloud, my only question would be who you?

Nothing in the text suggest that man would see the bow in the cloud, in fact it is written, "and when I look upon it". So are you suggesting that you are God?

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

So where you in a cloud when you first saw a rainbow? :ROFL:
Did I claim that I was? Did I say anything about man seeing the bow?

No.

Pay attention.

How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger! Lam 2:1
Quoting irrelevant verses accomplishes nothing.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Did I claim that I was?
When you said you have seen the bow in the cloud then yea, you are saying you are God, albeit by inference, by saying you have seen the bow set in the cloud.

Did I say anything about man seeing the bow?
Of course not

The rainbow was given unilaterally by God as a sign of His promise that He would not again destroy the earth with a flood of water.
so you can twist and turn with your 'Pay attention.' and 'No' but you still are left holding that rainbow sign .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
When you said you have seen the bow in the cloud then yea, you are saying you are God, albeit by inference, by saying you have seen the bow set in the cloud.
I didn't say that. Somehow you have imagined words in my posts that do not exist.

Here you acknowedge that I have not said anything about seeing the bow. I wonder if you took even half a second to consider the direct contradiction in your post.

so you can twist and turn with your 'Pay attention.' and 'No' but you still are left holding that rainbow sign .
Meaningless blather.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Is man allowed by God to space travel?
When you talk about space, if you mean the pool that NASA uses to do their recordings, they've been using it for quite a while. I read somewhere you had to become a Mason to be used by NASA, though.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
=================================================================
breno, we are NOT going to 'other' worlds or planets to accomplish ANYTHING of any CONSEQUENCE connected
to 'Spiritual-knowledge' - we'll just say this, even IF in the world's wildest dreams, they might
think that they could reach HIM at any level, = they are of 'Sodom & Gomorrah climbing the tower of babel...

we know it's a stretch, but this is what Yeshua requires of us, while He is setting His people apart...
Even if people get to the point of space travel to other planets/systems, we won't be of the mind of reaching Him.
I'm not sure why people connect space travel to the tower of babel and assume that those who desire to achieve space travel are wanting to reach God. Is it the height thing? I don't believe that is the motive, but the motive is exploration of the unknown.
Now, people will probably respond to that with conspiracy theories, I'm expecting it, but I don't buy into them.
Some people assume that those wanting to space travel have the same motive of those who built the tower of babel. Perhaps the pride of their achievement is similar, and it is a significant accomplishment to be able to space travel, in any of its forms and yes, unfortunately it does result in pride of human achievement and human accomplishment but I believe it could also be done in humility, praising God that He has given us the mental dexterity, and ability to do such a thing. But sadly, I think most won't see it that way, but perhaps there are fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who work in space agencies who thank God for these abilities? Who knows.