IS MAN TOTALLY DEPRAVED?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
She/he seems very angry and I don't quite understand why. But I am warned now. I'll watch my step.
Yup always very cranky.

We got some nice calvinists here too. But he/she is not a fan of my jokes for sure :D

Lucky for me I know when to stop, so here is another one:

How do you confuse a Calvinist? Take him to a buffet and tell him to get whatever he wants.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
ARMINIANS my bad, I did a Bible search on arminian, arminians & arminianism & no results were found

Can you provide ONE Holy Spirit inspired scripture written about arminian, arminians & arminianism? Any Bible version will do.
Why would I be interested in providing you with quotes from arminians? I am "calvinist" (doctrines of grace).
Arminians, so named for the man who was behind their beliefs (Remonsrances), is Jacob Arminius (who denied the Trinity). If you are so interested you can look up information on the internet.

Arminians theology is far from calvinism. Do you now understand this?

K

kaylagrl

No offense my friend, but stories do not trump scripture. The scriptures state faith comes via the word of God.

So you're saying that if the missionary hadn't gone to reach these people further with the Gospel that God would have condemned them to die in their sin? Do you know how many people in the world are not allowed to have a Bible? Are you saying that without a physical Bible in your hand you cannot be saved?!

K

kaylagrl

i dont put God in a box! I have heard of similar stories.

Here is what I believe:

The CORNELIUS PRINCIPLE. Cornelius was worshiping God and his prayers were heard BUT he wasnt saved yet. But God already working in him, sent Peter to preach the gospel to him.
Right!! The Holy Spirit convicts and then those that preach and share the Gospel water the seed.

K

kaylagrl

Yup always very cranky.

We got some nice calvinists here too. But he/she is not a fan of my jokes for sure :D

Lucky for me I know when to stop, so here is another one:

How do you confuse a Calvinist? Take him to a buffet and tell him to get whatever he wants.

Rofl. We may not agree on everything but I appreciate a good sense of humor!

E

eternally-gratefull

No offense my friend, but stories do not trump scripture. The scriptures state faith comes via the word of God.
Why do you limit God? The word came from the HS, is the HS limited and unable to give his word without use of a booK?

E

eternally-gratefull

Sigh ok what about the Noahic covenant which was before Abraham that God made with a sign if the rainbow, and He made it with all the animals in creation too.

If you want to know who God is you'd see he never again devatastated the whole world with a massive flood, because He saw that mankind and creation was worth saving. The rainbow is a sign of the loving God all of us can see, even the animals.

He sends the rain on the righteous and unrighteous alike...
Amen, romans 1, god uses even his creation to teach, so that none has an excuse.

E

eternally-gratefull

Seems some WERE made to be destroyed:

2 Peter 2:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
Depravity of False Teachers
12 But these, like natural brute beasts MADE to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
They were destroyed in their own corruption, their own free will choices, they turned the grace of god to licentiousness of their own free will. As jesus said in john, they were condemned already because of unbelief.

E

eternally-gratefull

So are you saying 3.2 billion people are lost and in hell because they didn't have the opportunity to hear the Gospel or read a Bible? God just chose to let them die in their sins??!!
He will deny that, even though in a nutshell, thats exactly what he is saying

E

eternally-gratefull

God gives the EARS to HEAR, EYES to SEE.......the reprobate is deaf AND blind
But your so spcial god opened your eyes, while keeping theirs shut.

Yept thats a loving God alright

E

eternally-gratefull

God does not OWE salvation to anyone.
The GIFT is a GIFT, you do NOTHING.
God can do with His creation whatever He pleases
His creation is for HIS glory, His heaven is not for plundering by those who want to push in
The mind of the reprobate is a cesspool of really bad theology.

The challenge for calvinists is to try to help those who are struggling with truth because of past bad teaching, because some may seem to be reprobate dirtbags of theology, (which they certainly are to the faith) yet God may be preparing them for a BATH

I have been where those people are in early days of salvation.......know people who also were there.......some have to unlearn a lot of brainwashing and replace it with truth.

Two truths no Christian would deny:
God IS Sovereign
Man is born spiritually DEAD (not unconscious but DEAD)
Its a gift, a gift is always offered, a gift can be rejected or recieved, a gift which is not offered is no gift at all

E

eternally-gratefull

Its almost amusing to watch the posts that argue with God (scripture) and dismiss simple translations made by Strong
Most pastors have a Strong's Concordance in their libraries to consult, yet the the untaught still cling to theory and bumper sticker theology.
Do you ever feel the need to talk to anyone without attacking or belittling them? Do you not realise how aweful and low this makes you look? Wake up girl, god does not need to to tear people down to defend him, he is a big boy!

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Well that was Christlike. We must have a million threads on this topic. It ends in a mess every time. I'm surprised they even let it be discussed here anymore. Nothing you can say that hasn't already been said. So I don't understand why its brought up again and again. Futile argument. But there seems to be a lack of common sense around here so by all means continue. Enjoy the bloodbath.
silly girl, just how would you know what is "christian"?
maybe Paul wasn't 'christian' when he wrote to the Galatians? Called them silly and deceived. tsk tsk
or Jesus.....when He called the Pharisees "devils, hypocrites, vipers, children of the devil" wow
or when we are told IN SCRIIPTURE to confront, contend and
Its a gift, a gift is always offered, a gift can be rejected or recieved, a gift which is not offered is no gift at all
And a gift with a string attached is not gift either (you must accept the gift? <<string)

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Do you ever feel the need to talk to anyone without attacking or belittling them? Do you not realise how aweful and low this makes you look? Wake up girl, god does not need to to tear people down to defend him, he is a big boy!
And yet.......I'm still amused.

E

eternally-gratefull

And yet.......I'm still amused.
As are we, we have to be, otherwise we would all lose our minds of how people can believe and do the things they do, and claim to be dong t in Gods name,

Then again, look at all the wars faught supposedly in the name of God.

Satan is a master of deceiving people

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
As are we, we have to be, otherwise we would all lose our minds of how people can believe and do the things they do, and claim to be dong t in Gods name,

Then again, look at all the wars faught supposedly in the name of God.

Satan is a master of deceiving people
i CAN AGREE WITH THAT,
YET BEING AMUSED IS WHY I STARTED THIS JOURNEY ON A FORUM,
KNOWING THAT THE SLINGS AND ARROWS WOULD BE THROWN, I JUST PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD AND KEEP ON KEEPING ON.
SOMEONE ALWAYS WANTS TO "HOLY SPIRIT" ME..........NOT HAVING READ "WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THE SERVANT OF ANOTHER?" ROM 14:4 HAVING A LIFE OUTSIDE THE FORUM HELPS TOO!!
YOU ALSO KEEP ON KEEPING ON, YOUR VIEWS ARE VALID TO YOU IF NOT TO ME AND I SEE YOUR RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEM AND MY RIGHT TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG. (little joke there so don't get your feathers ruffled, nor am I yelling) ;)

Mar 28, 2016
The big question in this whole debate is how does God choose?

Calvinism falsely claim that it is before the foundation of the world. No Scripture to support that except a twisting of Eph 1: 4.

What does the Bible really say about how God chooses?

Acts 10: 34-35, "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

That word "accepted"; that's being chosen. Was that done before the foundation of the world? Not according to Peter's statement.

So we see, from Scripture itself, that God chooses a person based on that persons heart response towards Him.

Acts 13: 22, "And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’

Men choose, of their own free will, to either respond to or resist the Holy Spirit.

That's how God can be just in judging them. Calvinism is detestable.
Free will would have to be defined.

I would think if Christ, our high priest continually without beginning of days or end of Spirit life is the lamb of God slain from the foundation (6 days). This is when he was working before he rested on the 7th. and he wrote down the names of the many that the father gave Him . When the books are opened if anyone's name was not found in the book of the lamb when compared to the book of life (every creatures created) . They will not rise to new spirit life on the last day and receive the promise our new incorruptible bodies.

Peter truth was not of his own self . Moving Peter to do the will of God is because Christ accepted him who name is written in the lambs book of life from the foundation of the word. Peter like all believers had "no faith" before Christ gave them ears to hear .That faith as our free gift is not of our own selves as if it was after the imagination of ones heart that again has no faith. Not little none. God's faith that works in us with us to both will and perform his good pleasure is the gift that we freely receive from the hand or will of God, therefore no could boast as if it was of their own self. .

Revelation 13:8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.