IS MAN TOTALLY DEPRAVED?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Then you did not check. Because if you did, you would know otherwise. A rip off for suckers? Maam your a liar, and you have some serious issues. I suggest you go find a quiet place and you pray for God to show you your heart, so you can repent

Strongs search logos.com

There is the link for all people to see this posters decieptfulness
ok I looked. I see a concordance in Spanish by Strong (possibly)
a Strong's dictionary?
web site is for suckers...and (there is one born every minute).

I am laughing here, these forums do entertain and I am here to be entertained. You are my special entertainment. thank you.

7seasrekeyed

now I have 'message in a bottle' playing between the ears

good thing I like that song :cool:

7seasrekeyed

I am laughing here, these forums do entertain and I am here to be entertained. You are my special entertainment. thank you
mocking seems to be your fall back position whenever someone proves you wrong

you must be on the floor by now and holding your sides :rolleyes:

E

eternally-gratefull

ok I looked. I see a concordance in Spanish by Strong (possibly)
a Strong's dictionary?
web site is for suckers...and (there is one born every minute).

I am laughing here, these forums do entertain and I am here to be entertained. You are my special entertainment. thank you.
My my, there is 1545 references to strongs, including a collection of his writtings

People can go to that link and see, and you still have the nerve to lie?

Your the entertainment,

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I do not see how that relates to think you ok to live in sin.
Just looking through some threads here.
Want to say that.....
SEE....!
What you and others post does bring to that conclusion....
Although I know it's not what you mean.

This is why WORDS are important....
Concepts are important....
And Jesus was very careful with His words....

Which some of us do not like...

Chester

May 23, 2016
Please go back to the start of the forum where I listed a bunch of verses that you might read on this.
Total Depravity is how God sees US, not how we see ourselves.........as "not so bad, better than some, pretty good, etc etc.
God says we stink of sin. (our own self-righteousness is like a filthy rag)
Oh, definitely God says that "we stink of sin" - but God does not view who you are at the deepest level as junk! God did not create junk - He created men and women in his image who are completely capable of free choice, but unredeemed man without God pollutes and destroys that beautiful creation of God.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Oh, definitely God says that "we stink of sin" - but God does not view who you are at the deepest level as junk! God did not create junk - He created men and women in his image who are completely capable of free choice, but unredeemed man without God pollutes and destroys that beautiful creation of God.

Yes, God sees us as totallyi depraved. When we are born again, God sees us through the blood of Christ, made perfect in Him, washed white as snow, but the natural man stinks like the corpse he is born as physically.

Strong's Concordance
nekros: dead
Original Word: νεκρός, ά, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: nekros
Phonetic Spelling: (nek-ros')
Definition: dead
Usage: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.
as in this verse:
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, Eph 2:1

Dec 27, 2018
I do not see how that relates to think you ok to live in sin.
They think you’re ok to sin in the sense of you can die in rebellion against God and go to heaven. My bible says that a person who persistently and unchangably rebels against God had neither seen him or known Him

Real Calvinists know it’s not ok to sin. Some forms of sub Calvinism want to omit preservation as one of the salvific works of God.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Yes, God sees us as totallyi depraved. When we are born again, God sees us through the blood of Christ, made perfect in Him, washed white as snow, but the natural man stinks like the corpse he is born as physically.

Strong's Concordance
nekros: dead
Original Word: νεκρός, ά, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: nekros
Phonetic Spelling: (nek-ros')
Definition: dead
Usage: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.
as in this verse:
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, Eph 2:1
"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins"

We were dead because we sinned, not because we were created in the image of God.

Dec 27, 2018

We were dead because we sinned, not because we were created in the image of God.
The image of God was marred but not destroyed. Jesus, the brightness of the Father's Glory and the express image of His person, came to heal that which was broken, so that we will be conformed to His image, without spot, blameless, pure children of God.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

So you were just a little depraved?

Dec 27, 2018
It's not about how depraved you are, little or much, as in quantity of sinfulness. The Doctrine speaks to the fact that that sin affects every part of man, the whole person is affected by sin.

Total depravity does not teach that the image of God in us is destroyed. It is marred. Also, spiritual death, to be clear, is accurately defined as a relational seperation from God.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I was dead because I had sinned and sinned and sinned . . . but the grace of God so beautifully and powerfully entered into my innermost being, which was and is created in the image of God, and so the grace of God through faith brought about my justification. Though I was dead and depraved, I never lost the fact that I was created in the image of God -- and being created in the image of God meant that because I had free choice and free will, my depravity and deadness was my fault, and not the fault of God.

Chester

May 23, 2016
It's not about how depraved you are, little or much, as in quantity of sinfulness. The Doctrine speaks to the fact that that sin affects every part of man, the whole person is affected by sin.

Total depravity does not teach that the image of God in us is destroyed. It is marred. Also, spiritual death, to be clear, is accurately defined as a relational seperation from God.
The Calvinistic doctrine of total depravity if understood and applied does imply and lead to the implication that the image of God in us is destroyed. We become no better than a stone that has no free choice or ability to choose God. Man becomes just as helpless and weak and unable to respond as does a rock. But God is able to take a stone and make a child of his, huh?

I don't believe that way . . .

E

eternally-gratefull

They think you’re ok to sin in the sense of you can die in rebellion against God and go to heaven. My bible says that a person who persistently and unchangably rebels against God had neither seen him or known Him

Real Calvinists know it’s not ok to sin. Some forms of sub Calvinism want to omit preservation as one of the salvific works of God.
My bible says a person who lives in sin has never seen God and never known him, it also says a child of God can not live in sin because they have been born of God.

Never means never, if you have never known him, you have never been saved. So they did not “lose” salvation, you can not lose something uou never had.

Real believers know they can nit meet Gods standard, so they entered Gods rest, and focus on serving others not trying to “make sure they do not sin to much”

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
My bible says a person who lives in sin has never seen God and never known him, it also says a child of God can not live in sin because they have been born of God.

Never means never, if you have never known him, you have never been saved. So they did not “lose” salvation, you can not lose something uou never had.

Real believers know they can nit meet Gods standard, so they entered Gods rest, and focus on serving others not trying to “make sure they do not sin to much”
But didnt you make the point a couple of days ago that if someone dies in a backslid (that would be living in sin?) state [prodigal son i think was the context] he is saved? How does that work with "A person who lives in sin has never seen God" and they "can not live in sin"?

Oy vey....

Some clarification is required, for sure.

Mar 28, 2016

I think the verse that informs us a child of God can not live in sin because they have been born of God is because Christ has paid the eternal wage . If we do deny Him in unbelief (no faith) he cannot deny he has paid the full wage of sin . His labor of love or work of his faith will work in the believer to both will and do his good pleasure as he turns us towards Himself so that we can in turn repent .

Faith is the gift previously having none.

2 Timothy 2:12-14 King James Version (KJV) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.