Is marking of Mark of the Beast is literal or just figurative?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Again to say, the SEALS is not part of the God's until the heavenly signs.

In Luke 21:34-38 it is clear the Believers will undergo the Tribulation, and it really needs to their prayers that they may be able to escape all that is about to happen.

Yes, the Lord's Day is God's wrath not during the Tribulation but after the heavenly signs.
No, What is stated is that earnest, diligent, prayerful believers will NOT go through the tribulation!
How in the world could you possibly get this wrong?
(Luke 21:36)
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

May 29, 2018
You're just repeating a well know false teaching. Why don't you guy's ever do any of your own studies instead of continually repeating what you have read or heard?

There is no wrath of Satan! Satan gets angry when he and his angels are cast out of heaven and restricted to the earth. But it is not Satan's time of wrath. It's God's wrath. It is the long prophesied "Day of the Lord." Everything that takes place during that last seven years until Christ returns to the earth to end the age is apart of God's wrath, including the beast and his reign. Within that time of wrath, God will use both His holy angels and Satan and his angels to fulfill His wrath.

The seals, trumpets and bowl judgments will take place during that entire seven years, with the first seal initiating that time of wrath. In support of this, it the Lamb, Jesus, who will be the One opening the seals.

The majority of the book of Revelation centers on God's wrath and related information describe from chapters 6 thru 18. The seals, trumpets and bowl judgments will take place as a women having birth pains, i.e. they will start off and will get closer together and more intense as each seal, trumpet and bowl judgment takes place.

God's wrath begins with the opening of the first seal, which is the rider on the white horse which is representing the revealing of the antichrist. He is a counterfeit of the rider on the white horse in Rev.19:11

Once again you just quoting a known false teaching. At the opening of the 6th seal, people think that because it says "The great day of their wrath has come and who can endure it," that it means God's wrath begins there and therefore the seals are not part of God's wrath. This belief comes from a lack of study and using only partial information. Regarding this, consider the following:

Sixth Seal:
"They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us f from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Seventh Trumpet:
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry, and your wrath has come.

So, if you interpret that God's wrath begins after the opening of the 6th seal because of the announcement that the great day of their wrath has come, then using the same logic, you would have to say that God's wrath begins after the seventh trumpet is sounded when they say "The nations were angry and your wrath has come," which would omit all of the seals and the previous six trumpet judgments as not belonging to God's wrath. They interpret it this way so that they put the church as being on the earth to endure the seal plagues, which again, Jesus is opening and therefore, initiating.

The problem with this interpretation, is that they don't understand that the Greek words translated as "has come," are in the aorist, indicative, active tense, which is speaking about God's wrath as a whole. That said, when it is stated in the 6th seal that the great day of their wrath has come, it is including all of the seals that will have previously taken place, as well as the 7th seal, the seven trumpets and the seven bowl judgments. It is the same for the words "you wrath has come" after the sounding of the 7th trumpet, which includes all of the previous seals, the previous six trumpets, as well as the seven bowl judgments which are still to come. The whole wrath of God.
WHAT VERSE THAT IT SAYS THE wrath has come" after the sounding of the 7th trumpet?

May 29, 2018
No, What is stated is that earnest, diligent, prayerful believers will NOT go through the tribulation!
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
New Living Translation
Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

English Standard Version
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

THE WORDS be strong enough & have strength SIGNIFIES THAT THEY WILL UNDERGO TRIBULATION THAT THEY WILL ENDURE(to escape).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
New Living Translation
Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

English Standard Version
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

THE WORDS be strong enough & have strength SIGNIFIES THAT THEY WILL UNDERGO TRIBULATION THAT THEY WILL ENDURE(to escape).
Tell us you are kidding. PLEASE tell us you are kidding.

https://biblehub.com/greek/2729.htm

May 29, 2018
Tell us you are kidding. PLEASE tell us you are kidding.

https://biblehub.com/greek/2729.htm
Surely I am not kidding, Jesus was speaking to his Disciples telling them what will happen to them and the rest of the Believers, it begins with the Apostles one by one they were killed except John...
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
And yet scripture states we many of our fellow saints will be martyred during the tribulation. Could God not protect those from the trib while they are still in the world? Sure, He is God, He can do anything. I would prefer to be martyred because the word tells us this is reserved for the very special.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
And yet scripture states we many of our fellow saints will be martyred during the tribulation. Could God not protect those from the trib while they are still in the world? Sure, He is God, He can do anything. I would prefer to be martyred because the word tells us this is reserved for the very special.
Tribulation saints are a different category, as they come to faith through the preaching of Israel, the Church being raptured by this time.

May 29, 2018
In Revelation 14:6 https://biblehub.com/revelation/14-6.htm what Gospel is it that is preached,is it "another Gospel" or the same one Paul preached? Is the angel "cursed"?,,, https://biblehub.com/kjv/galatians/1-8.htm
Just the same Gospel.
The three Angels in Revelation chptr 14 portrays the chronological events, the first angel represents the introduction of the Gospel started from the ministry of Jesus on earth, second the fall of Babylon(Roman Catholic diminishing control power) and the third the reign of the revive Beast and Image in the last days.

Apr 9, 2020
I quote this verse..."I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Can you show you to me that during the 2nd beast and the image of the beast reign there will be a Christian persecution or war of the Saints? Because what I only read only the time reign of the 1st beast with the Harlot engaged war of the Saints.
Please excuse me for now, I will get back to you asap but it 2:10am in Sydney and I have to start work at 8:00am.
I don't want to give you a quick answer at this time, so I'd like to do it after work when I'm not as tired as now.

Jul 23, 2018
Please excuse me for now, I will get back to you asap but it 2:10am in Sydney and I have to start work at 8:00am.
I don't want to give you a quick answer at this time, so I'd like to do it after work when I'm not as tired as now.
Ok
We will have some cookies and milk on the table when you get home.

Jul 23, 2018
Just the same Gospel.
The three Angels in Revelation chptr 14 portrays the chronological events, the first angel represents the introduction of the Gospel started from the ministry of Jesus on earth, second the fall of Babylon(Roman Catholic diminishing control power) and the third the reign of the revive Beast and Image in the last days.
No,the angel preaches the gospel to those left on earth at that particular time.
A real time event.
Does not represent anyting

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
WHAT VERSE THAT IT SAYS THE wrath has come" after the sounding of the 7th trumpet?
Both of these scriptures below say the same thing:

Sixth Seal: (Rev.6:16-17)
"They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us f from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Seventh Trumpet: (Rev.11:18)
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry, and your wrath has come.

My point being, is that you and others claim that God's wrath only follows after the announcement that their wrath has come and therefore doesn't include the previous seals. Yet, the announcement that the God's wrath has come, is also announced after sounding of the seventh trumpet. However and as I previously pointed out, the words 'has come' is referring to God's wrath in its entirety, which includes the seals which will have taken place prior to the announcement, as well as the wrath that follows via the trumpets and bowl judgments. All of these make up the wrath of God. And since the seals are also apart of God's wrath, then the church must be removed prior to the opening of the first seal.

A fourth of the earths population is killed as a result of the first four seals, which is initiated by the Lamb and which according to our current world population, would be almost 2 billion people dead within that first 3 1/2 years. And that is not including the fatalities mentioned at the sounding of the sixth trumpet, which is a third of what is left. Both of these combined would be over half the earths population. And you don't think that the seals are apart of God's wrath?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I quote this verse..."I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Can you show you to me that during the 2nd beast and the image of the beast reign there will be a Christian persecution or war of the Saints? Because what I only read only the time reign of the 1st beast with the Harlot engaged war of the Saints.
First of all, the second beast, which is the false prophet, does not have a specific time to rule apart from the first beast which is the antichrist. These two beasts will be working together for the same evil cause, which is to deceive the inhabitants of the earth and to lead them to their condemnation. Below is a scripture regarding the first beast waging war against the great tribulation saints:

========================================================

The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for 42 months. And the beast opened his mouth to speak blasphemies against God and to slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven.

Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them, and he was given authority over every tribe and people and language and nation.

May 29, 2018
A fourth of the earths population is killed as a result of the first four seals, which is initiated by the Lamb and which according to our current world population, would be almost 2 billion people dead within that first 3 1/2 years. And that is not including the fatalities mentioned at the sounding of the sixth trumpet, which is a third of what is left. Both of these combined would be over half the earths population. And you don't think that the seals are apart of God's wrath?
What verse that says the fourth of the population is killed as a result of the four seals?