Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That's not a very good proof text for your purpose. It's just a reiteration of
John 3:34, John 10:38, and Col 2:9 etc. And besides, it's not all that difficult
to show that Jesus is biologically related to David, and from thence to Eve,
and to Adam and the dust with which Adam was constructed.

It's been my experience that most Christians are content with Jesus being
fully God but not all that content with him being fully Man because that
drags Adam into the picture and the ramifications associated with the
forbidden fruit incident. It also implies that the Word of John 1:1-3 created
his own human self. Although I don't see that as a problem; others do.
_
Do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin?

Jan 19, 2023
I am not sure why this statement/question was given in this thread topic, as the subject matter, as has been demonstrated, is not original, nor unique to, JW or SDA. The comment is out of place, and born in ignorance (not knowing, not having understanding, and not meant to be harsh).

As provided earlier, the matter is found in the early church after the Apostles, such as Melito of Sardis, and all throughout the Reformation, among Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Calvinists, Methodists, Baptists, Scholars, Polymaths, Dictionaries, Bibles (Berlenberger, Genevans), Bible Commentaries, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries and the like, all citing the same scriptures, and many giving the same reasons/ings from those scriptures, in numerous languages, Hebrew, Syriac, Greek, Latin, English, French, Italian, German, and more.

Jan 19, 2023
And yet Christ said that KNOWING God will bring everlasting life! (John 17:3)

Jan 19, 2023
Does your meme mean that YOU do not believe Jesus Christ IS God?
I believe Christ.
John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
I believe Christ.
John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
Well, will knowing the arc angel Michael give you eternal life?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Why do 'Christians' always reject Christ?
In what sense or in what respect do Christians ignore Jesus Christ? You posted that Meme and in it Revelation 3:14 was quoted implying Jesus Christ is created being. So is He a created being according to you?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I believe Christ.
Hey! That's great!

Does your meme mean that YOU don't believe Jesus Christ IS God?

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Hello brother and your welcome thanks for the posts you present for discussion also
Hello Pilgrimshope, I do appreciate your responses as Iron Sharpens Iron, but in my post asking the question: Is Michael Another Name For Jesus? I wondered what kind of responses to receive for correction, because while reading the article: Who Is Michael, The Archangel? So I started searching in Google for answers but so far found none.

Love, Walter

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Hello Pilgrimshope, I do appreciate your responses as Iron Sharpens Iron, but in my post asking the question: Is Michael Another Name For Jesus? I wondered what kind of responses to receive for correction, because while reading the article: Who Is Michael, The Archangel? So I started searching in Google for answers but so far found none.

Love, Walter
How about this answer from my post #36.

Jesus Christ and Michael the arc angel are "NOT" one and the same person, in fact it's impossible and can be Biblically proven. But first the following is what Charles Taze Russell taught regarding Jesus and Michael. Please read starting at the middle of the page.

Now for the Biblical evidence, of which there are many but the main one (in my opinion) can be found at Genesis 22. I think definitions are in order first. The Hebrew word for "angel" is "malak." It simply means messenger and the context determines how it is used.

For example at Malachi 3:1, "Behold, I am going to send My "malak/angel/messenger," and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple, and the "malak/angel/messenger" of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming, says the Lord of host."

So who is identified as the person that will clear the way of the Lord? It is none other than John the Baptist, and he ain't no angel, a messenger yes. This is confirmed at Mark 1:1-4. Moreover, and this a little bit of added information. The name of the prophet Malachi, well his name is from the root word "malak." So getting back to Malachi 3:1, who do you think the angel of the covenant is that is coming to "HIS" temple?

Now to Genesis 22 starting at vs 10, "And Abraham stretched out his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. Vs12, "But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven, and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said here I am" vs12, "And he said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son from Me."

Verses 13-14 tell us that the Lord provided a sacrifice for Abraham which was a ram. Vs15, "Then the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven, vs16, and said, "By Myself I have sworn, declares the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld you son, your only son, vs17, indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies."

Now, what is the point of this presentation? The fact is that angels 'CANNOT" swear oaths on behalf of God. This is confirmed at Hebrews 6:13, "For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could not swear by no one greater, HE SWORE BY HIMSELF. vs14, saying, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply you." I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Jan 19, 2023
In what sense or in what respect do Christians ignore Jesus Christ? You posted that Meme and in it Revelation 3:14 was quoted implying Jesus Christ is created being. So is He a created being according to you?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Do you believe Revelation?